[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Systole

First Post
Tyrien quietly creeps into the center of the ruins as the argument continues, although the Don seems to be trying a different tack and is no longer shouting, but speaking in a more even tone of voice. As she comes closer, she realizes that he's not talking ... he's casting. She has a moment to consider the implications before a dripping, skeletal humanoid lurches out of the tent, its movements blurred with speed. The form is draped in rotting nets and clad in rags of sumptuous fabric, and little is left of whatever flesh it had in life. It turns slowly, looking around, and Tyrien can see the barnacle-encrusted handle of a dagger protruding from its back.

Armando's gaze passes over Tyrien, and she breathes a quiet sigh of relief before it snaps back. There's a dark glee in his voice as he speaks. "Oh, there you are ... Tyrien. Thank you so much for dropping by." He raises his voice to command the other undead. "Get her ... and find the others!"

In the woods, Heinrich and Eanos hear a cry of alarm, and on the battlements they see two of the goblin undead creep out of the shadows where they had hidden.

armando_150.jpg

'Don' Armando Faizal

[sblock=OOC/Combat]Silent alarm spell triggered by moving inside. Armando spends two rounds casting, then moves outside the tent. Makes Will save against Hide from Undead, makes Perception roll vs. Tyrien's stealth, and that sound you just heard was the :):):):) hitting the fan.

Rosa has not yet appeared, but she was last heard in the tent. The minion undead are moving, but cannot see Tyrien due to the Hide from Undead spell, so they're just kind of milling about a little more actively than they were a moment ago. There are more of them in the catacombs, but it will probably take a few rounds for all of them to show up.

It will take Heinrich and Eanos two movement actions to reach the edges of the map. After spending two actions moving, you can put your token on the anywhere on first complete line of squares on the east or south side of the map. The move actions don't have to be in the same round, naturally. You're currently about 50-ish feet from the outside of the southeast corner. Teleporting to the number 4 on the map will take, let's say ... 65ft if you go for the roof, because geometry. This will put you about 20 feet up. The ruins don't look hugely stable, so this might be dangerous footing, however.

Combat Map

Don Armando
: AC 26, Touch 16, FF 20, CMD 22. Haste. Uninjured.
Rosa: ????
Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 3: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 4: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Small Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. Partial cover. HP 64/64.
Small Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. Partial cover. HP 64/64.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Two questions:

1) Are 1 or both of the battlement minions in the first range increment for Eanos' bow (110')?
2) They know there's a threat, but don't know where we are, so would Eanos be targeting them flat-footed, or no? Since they didn't react to us previously, I don't think they see us yet, but I get a bit fuzzy on 'not surprised' vs 'flat-footed.'

Thanks in advance. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]1. If I do the geometry, the hypotenuse works out to be just around 110' for both of them, give or take. It isn't exactly Pathfinder-approved math, but I don't see any reason not to give it to you. So sure, it's one range increment.
2. Yes, they are FF to you because they have no idea where you are. At the moment, the only baddie who is not FF is the don with regard to Tyrien.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=a bit off topic]
and that sound you just heard was the :):):):) hitting the fan.
did you know that the :):):):) hitting the fan sounds like : M - A - R - I - N - E![/sblock]

place holder for Heinrich's action - looking into the bag of tricks to figure out what to use . . . .

ooc: sorry guys, I wore myself out yesterday. I am back and I have some action:

"Eanos, can you teleport to her and bring her back to here? If you can, I can summon tentacles that will cover 40 foot circle. Is goot idea, ja?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien turned around and headed for the opening in the wall. While she could not be seen be the others, she did not want to be trapped. She whispered over the spell's link, “I got caught, I am coming out and bringing them to you. Get ready.”

[sblock=Actions]Double Moved: Updated Map
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock] [Sblock=OOC]Will using the grave salt break Invisibility?

I assume that it is used to toss the Don. Or is it for his bones or something later? I don’t really remember if this was said or not.[/Sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

[sblock=ooc]Grave Salt creates a Consecrate spell effect. I've been guessing that there's something in the ruins that could be disrupted by such an effect, since it disrupts summoning undead, but I don't know.

If you throw it on the Don, I think that definitely constitutes an attack, though, whether it does anything to him or not.[/sblock]

Eanos bites down a curse as everything goes sideways.

"Run, girl," he whispers to the air beside him, encouraging the half-elf's retreat. "As long as you don't attack or touch any of them, the shamblers shouldn't be able to tell where you are, no matter what kind of warning they have that there's trouble. We'll give you what cover we've got."

"So much for the light enchantments," he mutters, mentally chiding himself for not enchanting his weapons sooner. He pulls back his bowstring as an unseen voice seems to whisper around him. All three of his arrows land in the body of one of the wights on the wall, and while they've clearly caused damage, the creature continues undeterred.

"Heinrich, I'd get those summons out. We may need some bodies to do blocking here soon, and calling those things takes awhile, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Swift: Judgments: Justice (+3, +6 crit confirm) and Destruction (+4)

Manyshot Justice attack vs. Wall minion; manyshot damage w/ destruction; Iterative attack vs wall minion; damage w/ destruction (1d20+17=25, 2d8+12=19, 1d20+12=27, 1d8+6=8)

Hits all 'round (for once). :) Not nearly enough to drop it, sadly, but 27's not a bad smack in the nose.

I think she's moved to be in line of sight, but I'm not sure if invisibility negates Eanos' ability to use his Warning ability if someone hits her? If he can, or if she winds up becoming visible for some reason, throw that on as a conditional: first enemy who hits Tyrien has to re-roll the attack and take the second result.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +9
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:75 Current: 73
Senses: Perception 20 (24 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 24/29
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +12 (+15 w/ purity, +16 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound
***Purity bonus doubled vs. curses, diseases, and poisons

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +14/+09 = [BAB (07/02)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +10/+05 = [BAB (07/02) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6+2 damage when using Bane ability

2 +1 Daggers (temporary)

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-3 attack, +6 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 19/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 18/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining
Scrolls: See Invisible x2 (one with Tyrien), Comp Languages x3, Lesser Restoration,
Party scrolls (carried by): Restoration (Eanos), Hide from Undead (Eanos), Summon Monster 2 & 3 (Heinrich), Daybreak Arrow x2 (Eanos)

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/4 Remaining
Determination: 4/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/7 remaining
Bane: 6/10 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 10/10 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 80'/100' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Flames of the Faithful, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
4th (2/2 remaining)(DC 18): Death Ward, Judgment Light

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
^^ disregard that post up yonder ^^

Heinrich nods and starts summoning some "friends".

cast summon monster 4 to call forth a Medium Fire Elemental As soon as he is done and if there are any targets around, he will command it to attack one. He will then cast summon monster 3 to conjure a cheetah (celestial) (from scrolls purchased from Fater Dean Martin)

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
The tent flap opens and woman steps out. You can only imagine this must be Rosa. At this range, she seems attractive enough, but there's a dry sort of paleness to her face and an unnatural red flush to her cheeks that suggests heavy makeup. She's in the process of uncorking a potion vial when the don snarls at her. "Leave that and do something about the damned intruder!" Rosa glares at him, but raises her hands and a spray of webbing shoots across the courtyard, covering the gap in the wall and the rubble around it.

The don hisses a spell and a green glow shimmers around him. Drawing a rapier, he strides confidently into the webbing, which slides away from him. "I'm not going to kill you, Tyrien. No, I'm going to leave you alive. I'm going to have my minions gnaw on you, Tyrien. They'll leave you limping and lame, scarred and addled. When they're done, lepers will look at you and cry out, 'Merciful gods, what is that thing!?'"

On the battlements, the goblin undead scurry toward the source of the arrows, but don't seem to understand exactly where they came from, and their attempts to find both shadow and cover fail miserably. Inside the ruins, the other wights continue to shamble about, looking for intruders, and another one appears from the catacombs.

armando_150.jpg
rosa_150.jpg

'Don' Armando Faizal . . . Rosa Haal . . . .

[sblock=OOC/Combat]Rosa moves, casts Web, DC 16.

Don casts Freedom of Movement. Moves while drawing weapon. Gets fear attack as a free action on Tyrien for DC 23 Will or shaken. (You can resolve the Web saving throw first.)

Small minions attempt to move and hide, but both fail so incredibly miserably that they don't even find cover this round. Other minions moving vaguely toward exits.

• SdW: If you cast the elemental at maximum range, it will be able to move and engage the the don this turn, although doing so will set the webs on fire.
  • PM: If you get free of the webs, I'll redo the map south of the ruins. Can't do it right now.
  • jk: Getting a firing angle on the don this turn would require a move action, and the webs are currently providing cover anyway.

Combat Map

Don Armando
: AC 26, Touch 16, FF 20, CMD 22. Conditions: Haste, Freedom of Movement, ???. Uninjured. Rapier in hand.
Rosa: AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 16. Conditions: ???, ???. Uninjured. Potion in hand.
Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 3: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 4: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 5: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Small Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. HP 64/64.
Small Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. HP 37/64.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien grits her teeth as she tries to get away. She had not expected to actually be seen immediately nor be caught in a position where she could not get away quickly.

The sticky webs threaten to take hold on her clothes, but she was too nimble to be caught.

Whatever aura surrounding the Don’s presence, it nearly caused her to pee in her drawers. She was unable to resist that and was shaken up over it. Still she made her escape through the breach and veered to the left to break line of sight.

She remarked under her breath, “That was not the smartest idea, for fook’s sake.”

[sblock=Actions]Reflex Save (1d20+15=24)
Will Save (1d20+7=18) - Shaken
Single Moved Updated Map
I only took 1 Move Action for now, pending further map information on what's going on with Eanos and Heinrich. I will either take a 2nd Move or Standard Action later.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO), Shaken (-2 on Att/Dmg/SVs/Skills)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Remove ads