[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
It is labor day weekend here in the states, so I am not sure if there will be anything until Tuesday.

Systole

First Post
The small minion's skeleton is visibly outlined as Heinrich's lightning strikes it. It stands rigid for a moment, then topples over and lies still. The don manages to avoid most of the electrical attack, only to be struck by a trio of arrows. He snickers as the wooden shafts penetrate his rotting flesh with only minor effect, which is abruptly cut off as they projectiles explode with flame and holy energy. He staggers, then draws himself up. "Ah, pain ... I'd almost forgotten what that feels like."

Much of the evil-looking seaweed and rotting nets which covered the don have been burned away. The dagger still protrudes from his back, however. And with the detritus cleared off, Tyrien can see that the handle has some sort of flower motif ... perhaps it's a rose.

armando_150.jpg
rosa_150.jpg

'Don' Armando Faizal . . . Rosa Haal . . . .

[sblock=OOC/Combat]Tyrien still up for this round. She makes her perception check vs. the dagger. The shaken condition is still in effect until you make a DC 23 Will save (save at the beginning of each turn). Sorry, I thought I wrote that, but apparently I missed.

Heinrich and Eanos can make DC24 perception checks to notice the shape of the dagger. The DC will decrease as you get closer.

Small Minion 2 fails its save and goes down. Armando makes his save and also has some DR, so he's not as injured as he should be.

Don Armando
: AC 26, Touch 16, FF 20, CMD 22. Conditions: Haste, Freedom of Movement, ???. Moderately injured, 108 damage taken. Rapier in hand.
Rosa: AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 16. Conditions: ???, ???. Uninjured. Potion in hand.
Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 3: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 4: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 5: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Small Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. HP 64/64.
Small Minion 2: Dead.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Even with the immediate threat nearby gone, Tyrien was still too exposed out in front and kept moving around the tower to lose sight of the Don

She whispered, “Huh, the bastard still has the dagger stuck into his back. This guy must be the real corpse and not some undead he has taken over.”

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Will Save (1d20+9=23)
Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage +1
UPDATED MAP
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
4/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Lemme guess," Eanos calls to the Don as his sharp eyes catch sight of the dagger. "Last time you felt pain was when Rosa plunged in that ROSE-handled dagger that's still sticking out of your back?" The inquisitor says, leaning on the word rose as he speaks. Eanos clucks his tongue. "Your woman killed you Don. Don't believe me: use one of your thralls to look on your backside now that I've cleaned it off for you."

"Heinrich, looks like the Don has natural or unnatural protections going on. Any idea the best way to bypass it?"

[sblock=ooc]Eanos doesn't have a great Know bonus, so he's asking Heinrich if his Know: Religion check tells him anything about what the Don might be vulnerable to. If you can Aid on a Know check, Eanos is granting Heinrich a +2 to his roll?:

Know: Religion Aid Another (1d20+4=23)

Makes the perception check to see the dagger:

perception (1d20+20=29)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +9
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil)
HP:75 Current: 73
Senses: Perception 20 (24 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 24/29
CMB: +8 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 (+11 w/ purity, +12 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+12 w/ purity, +13 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +12 (+15 w/ purity, +16 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound
***Purity bonus doubled vs. curses, diseases, and poisons

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Judgment: Justice (+3 Sacred attack, +6 crit confirm), Destruction (+4 Sacred damage)
* Flames of the Faithful: Flaming burst (+1d6 fire, +2d10 fire on crit) 8/10 rounds remaining
* Inspire Courage: +1 morale fear / charm saves, +1 competence bonus damage (attack bonus does not stack with Bracers of Falcon's Aim)
* Bane Undead: +2 attack, +2d6+2 damage

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +14/+09 = [BAB (07/02)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +10/+05 = [BAB (07/02) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6+2 damage when using Bane ability

2 +1 Daggers (temporary)

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-3 attack, +6 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 15/31 (+1 recoverable after fight)
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 18/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 9/10 remaining
Scrolls: See Invisible x2 (one with Tyrien), Comp Languages x3, Lesser Restoration,
Party scrolls (carried by): Restoration (Eanos), Hide from Undead (Eanos), Summon Monster 2 & 3 (Heinrich), Daybreak Arrow x2 (Eanos)

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/4 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/7 remaining
Bane: 6/10 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 10/10 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 80'/100' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Flames of the Faithful, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Halt Undead, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
4th (2/2 remaining)(DC 18): Death Ward, Judgment Light

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hold yer horses, jk. That was just an update for Tyrien finishing out the round. You can take the Perception check and do some yelling this round, but the attack will have to wait. I'll hold off on an update in case you or SdW want to take some free actions this round.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hold yer horses, jk. That was just an update for Tyrien finishing out the round. You can take the Perception check and do some yelling this round, but the attack will have to wait. I'll hold off on an update in case you or SdW want to take some free actions this round.

Gah! I'm so sorry. I totally flaked. :(

Edited the original post and reset mini-stats to reflect not-attackingness. It looks like a Know check is "not an action," so I left that and the Perception roll in place, and trashed the rest of it (and its fluff narration).

Again, apologies for that. The prospect of more big explodiness apparently ate my logic.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Yesss ... you tried that before, Eanos. But I'll make a deal with you: if you release your hold on my minions so that I can take a look, I promise that I will. Anyway, I'll be seeing you again very soon. You lot, keep them busy until then," he orders the minions outside the keep, then strides confidently through the webbing and out of sight.

Three of the wights begin closing in with Eanos and Heinrich.

armando_150.jpg
rosa_150.jpg

'Don' Armando Faizal . . . Rosa Haal . . . .

Combat Map

[sblock=OOC/Combat]Armando moves out of sight and back into the keep. Once again, he suspects a trick. If you want to try convincing him, you will need an actual standard-action Diplomacy check. You might be able to dislodge the dagger with a Sunder or Disarm combat maneuver.

Other minions double move to engage. No attacks from them. The bushes give 20% concealment from Tyrien and 50% from Heinrich and Eanos. Tyrien can take an AoO on Small Minion 1 as it moves past her, but that will change its second action and it will turn and attack her instead of moving toward Heinrich.

Heinrich realizes that underneath the seaweed and rotten rope, the don is essentially skeletal. DR/bludgeoning.

Don Armando
: AC 26, Touch 16, FF 20, CMD 22. Conditions: Haste, Freedom of Movement, ???. Moderately injured, 108 damage taken. Rapier in hand.
Rosa: AC 22, Touch 13, FF 20, CMD 16. Conditions: ???, ???. Uninjured. Potion in hand.
Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 2: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 3: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42. Concealment.
Minion 4: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Minion 5: AC 22, Touch 18, FF 19, CMD 24. HP 42/42.
Small Minion 1: AC 22, Touch 17, FF 16, CMD 21. HP 64/64.
Small Minion 2: Dead.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien let the undead creature move on past, judging the time was not right for breaking the invisibility. But the Don had not pursued her not went after her companions, leaving the rest of the minions to slowly come out of the ruins to attempt deal with them.

She nocked a pair of arrows and let fly at the back of the smaller undead, attempting a barrage that would take it by surprise. She fed some more arcane energy into her arrows and they sizzled and crackled with electricity upon impact.

“Can you send that fire elemental after the bastard Don?” she called to Heinrich as she popped visible again with her arrows in flight.

The wight heading towards Eanos took three arrows in the back and was destroyed with sizzling electrical energy.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Roll Full Attack on Minion 4, then Small Minion 1
1st 2 Arrows (RS, MS, PBS, DA) (1d20+16=24, 2d8+26+2d6=39)
2nd Arrow (RS, PBS, DA) (1d20+16=24, 1d8+13+1d6=24) = 63 damage to Minion 4
3rd Arrow (DA) (1d20+10=23, 1d8+12+1d6=23) -> Small Minion 1
If Applicable Concealment Roll on Small Minion 1 (miss 1-20) (1d100=7)

UPDATED MAP
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 80 Current: 77
CMB: +11 CMD: 30(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +15 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 3/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Just so there is no confusion, Tyrien did not use Bardic Performance. I changed my mind and updated the map and forgot to delete the Bardic Performance usage.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
“Can you send that fire elemental after the bastard Don?” she called to Heinrich as she popped visible again with her arrows in flight.
"Nein, Don is gone." Heinrich scoots away from the wight so as to cast a spell. move here: http://beta.ditzie.com/48520/540a36548619a Standard action: Cast Haste on Heinrich and Eanos second move here: http://beta.ditzie.com/48520/540a3c376f5d5 fire elemental move here: http://beta.ditzie.com/48520/540a3bfd5234b 1d20+7=20, 1d6+1=2 Burn: duration 1d4 rounds & damage this round: 3 rounds & 6 damage this round 1d4=3, 1d6=6 Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Final map: http://beta.ditzie.com/48520/540a5f513020c spells in effect: summon monster 4: dur 10 rounds haste: Dur 10 rounds Darkvision, gtr [on Tyrien]: dur 10 hours Ablative barrier: dur 10 hours or 50 points from lethal to non lethal [sblock=stat block] Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30' +30 [haste] AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr] touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or ablative barrier may apply] http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ablative-barrier http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste AC: 16 touch: 16; Flat Foot: 10 with ablative barrier and haste AC: 19 Touch: 19 FF 12 HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16 non lethal damage: Consumables: Wand of CLW [cl1] 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stone shape cl 7] In hand: Dagger Effects: light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins] Per day use abilities: cast any spell through bonded object 1 / day - used [cast greater darkvision post # 484 duraton 10 hours ] Fire jet DC 21 [Used: 0/8] Dancing flame [used 0/4] [/sblock] [sblock=Wizard Spells prepared] 0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * ear pierce scream * Feather fall * magic missile *magic missile * Shield pearl of power lv 1: Shield pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile pearl of power lv 1: Magic Missile level 2: * Cat's grace * See invisibility * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E] * Levitate pearl of power lv 2: Cat's grace pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E) level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E) * Dispel Magic * * ablative barrier * lightning bolt pearl of power lv 3: level 4: * * Stone Skin * stone skin * Detonate * Black Tentecles level 5: * * wall of force * Elemental body [E] * Teleport Legend: ( - ) denotes a cast spell (*) cast at +1 level (trait) (**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) (E) elemental: flame school (ev) evocation (A) denotes changed to acid (&) takes 2 spell slots to cast (#) recalled via pearl of power (E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads