[OOC] The Fifth City

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For me the type of mage I would want to play, pathfinder rules would be more conventional. The feat build is a bit intense.

but that is just me.

Scotley

Hero
Quick question before I go back to job hunting and such...

Would this be more appealing and/or simply better with Pathfinder rules?

I think more folks are playing pathfinder than 3.5 these days. I am comfortable with either system. I will say that first level characters in Pathfinder are a bit more powerful which is always good. Surviving first level in play by post games is more tedious than in face to face games because it can take years to level up. I can convert quickly should you choose. I can convert the Cleric as well.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Okie dokie.

Switching to Pathfinder won't change the setting much at all and gives me way more wiggle room to allow crazy options (mostly more races because I love crazy strange races).

So, whenever you are ready, feel free to remake or convert characters or create something entirely new. d20pfsrd.com will be our primary rules source. If you grab a feat or rules fiddly bit from a source outside the core rulebook, please provide a link to d20pfsrd so I have a gander at it.

In addition, a few 3rd party supplements will be available - In the Company of Monsters and 1001 Spells by Rite Publishing and Book of Heroic Races: Seedlings by Jon Brazer Enterprises.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oh goody goody goody!

What about the point buy, shold it equal 20 point buy? 32 points are a lot more in pathfinder

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'm fine with 3.5 or PF.

Aaand I have a new gfx card, old one crapped out last week, so I'm back. EN World is utterly slow lately though, took several minutes to load a page today.

Remove ads