[OOC] The Fifth City

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'm back, computer update from XP to Win7 wasn't as easy as we thought.

House name... Jhalden? In a campaign I never started this was to be a kix word of loyalty and inspiration, kind of an elven in-joke.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
trying to find my pdf of the dmg for point buy. My computer got hacked back in October and data has gotten shifted around most terribly.

I thought I had transported to my new computer all of my pdf's but I seem to be wrong!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Name:ptorius Maximus LXXI

Heh, just found my dmg in the old comp. But I will use this as it is here!
Code:
8. [U]Basics[/U] - Starting level is 1 (high LA and HD monster races will start  
with 1 HD and must earn up to their normal HD total before selecting a  
regular class), ability scores are 25 point buy, starting gold is  maximum 
(100 for monster races characters without a regular class at 1st  level).

system: Pathfinder

[U]plans[/U]: Prc: Eldrich Knight
[U]reqium:[/U] prof w/ all martial wpns (Ftr 1); cast lv 3 arcane spells (wiz 5)
 http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/eldritch-knight

abil  bonus  cost
str 14  +2    5
dex 14  +2    5
con 14  +2    5
int 16  +3    5
wis 14  +2    5
cha 10  +0    0

human bonus: +2 int

class stuff [Wizard]:

Class skills:
 Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), 
 Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Hit die: D6 hit points: 6+2[con]=8

Skill Points: [2 + int]+[1(race)] per lvl [2+3]*1+1=6 skill points

BAB +0; cmb +2; cmd 14; 
Fort: +2 [base +0][con +2]
 Ref: +2 [base +0][dex +2]
Will: +4 [base +2][wis +2]

base speed: 30
Languages: common, Elvin

Special: summon familiar, Scribe Scroll

Race stuff [humans]:

[U][B]Ability Score Racial Traits[/B][/U]: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability

score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.

[U][B]Size[/B][/U]: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due
  to their size.

[U][B]Base Speed[/B][/U]: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.

[U][B]Languages[/B][/U]: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence
  scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as
  Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages. 

Skills and feats:

Human:
Level 1:

[U][B]Skill               ranks  abil   class     misc      total[/B][/U]
Appraise (Int)        1     +3     +3     +0     +7
Craft (Int)                         
   xxxxxxxxxx         0     +3     +3     +0     +3
Fly (Dex)             0
Knowledge (Int)        ---
   Arcane             1     +3     +3     +0     +7
   Dunguneering       0     +3     +3     +0     +3
   Engineering        1     +3     +3     +0     +7
   Geology            1     +3     +3     +0     +7
   History            0     +3     +3     +0     +3
   Local              0     +3     +3     +0     +3
   Nature             0      +3     +3     +0     +3
   Nobility           1     +3     +3     +0     +7
   Planes             0     +3     +3     +0     +3
   Religeon           0      +3     +3     +0     +3
Linguistics (Int)     0     +3     +3     +0     +0
Profession (Wis)      0     
Spellcraft (Int)      1     +3     +3     +0     +7

Spell book:
level 0               level 1               level 2

Spells per day 
0: 4

1: 1
more to come . . . . . .

background/history:

Everyone remembers the war with the elves led by King M'nbarrii, few know the true cost.
The humans, led by King Jaahn Sheer-a-dan were brought nearly to their knees when the
secret of the elves was finally revealed: A force of fighters taught in the arcane arts.
Knights of their own merit, They make their own rules.

The Humans made a counter force . . .. . .The Dwemor Knights were formed. A copy of what the
Elves had: Knights that faught Martially and with Eldridge might.

Last edited:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Can't seem to send a pm right now, It keeps telling me I am timed out even after just a minute.

I was thinking about Sun/Water domain for my cleric, the "reflection of light on the sea" idea. STR as dump stat, as she isn't the fighting type at all, if anything she would use a bow. Doesn't need much INT either, as she is young for an Elf and just about discovering the islands. Doesn't need many skills yet.

I'm doped up on niquil so i hope this makes any sense B-)

Scotley

Hero
Can't seem to send a pm right now, It keeps telling me I am timed out even after just a minute.

I was thinking about Sun/Water domain for my cleric, the "reflection of light on the sea" idea. STR as dump stat, as she isn't the fighting type at all, if anything she would use a bow. Doesn't need much INT either, as she is young for an Elf and just about discovering the islands. Doesn't need many skills yet.

I'm doped up on niquil so i hope this makes any sense B-)

I can work with this. Will get you a framework shortly.

I'm essentially finished with my character. I need to get a couple of the details of his background straight in my head and post it, but he's close.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Groovy. As soon as you have stats for me to look at, post 'em. I'll get a Rogues Gallery thread going once we do a first check over of character sheets.

Scotley

Hero
Suggested Elf Cleric build for Lwaxy

This should give you a good place to start. I tried to use all the info that has been posted so far by you and MV about your character. You could go even lower on a dump stat and get to an 18 wis, but I think the penalties would outweigh the benefits. I set height and weight to average and age to minimum. I went with extra turning as a feat since both your domains involve turning. As suggested I did not make her a combat build, but I did go with a decent defense. I went with a short list of skills. Hope this helps. You won't hurt my feelings if you choose to chuck all this and start over. I understand everyone has a different idea of what makes a good character. Enjoy.

Tinare of House ?
Female Elf
Cleric 1 0 exp.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 5’
Weight: 124 lbs
Hair: ?
Eyes: ?
Patron Deity: Elven Animism--Sunlight on the Water. Under the teachings of Valen.
Str: 10 (0) [2 points]
Dex: 13 (+1) [3 points+2 race]
Con: 12 (+1) [6 points-2 race]
Int: 10 (0) [2 points]
Wis: 17 (+3) [13 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Hit Dice: 1d8+1 HP: 9
AC: 16 (4 armor, +1 Dex, +1 Shield)
Flat Footed 4, Touch 11
Init: +1 [+1 Dex]
Speed: 30ft
Armor Check Penalty: -3
Arcane Spell Failure: 25%

Saves:
Fortitude +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +1 [+0 base, +1 Dex]
Will +5 [+2 base, +3 Wis.]

BAB: +0
Melee Attack: +0
Rapier +0 1d6 Dmg. 18-20/x2 S
Dagger +0 1d4 dmg. 10-20/x2 S or P
Ranged Attack: +1
Dagger Thrown +1 1d4 19-20/x2 P or S r 10’
Short Bow +1 1d6 20/x3 P r60’

Racial Abilities:
• +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
• Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
• Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
• Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
• Elven religion is based around the idea that the world itself is alive and sentient after a fashion. Every living thing on the world is a actually an extension of the consciousness of the world, sent out to learn and grow and experience. When a living thing dies, its soul carries what it has learned back to the world, and thus the world learns. In addition, 1,000 years ago, an elven hero named Valen led the elves in a great war against darkness. He organized elven society into the three castes it has now and formed the ruling body of the elven people known as the Grey Council. "In Valen's name" is an oft-spoke oath among elves. Clerics are members of the religious caste and follow Valen's teachings. Their spells come from the world itself and they thus have access to most domains, except Death and Evil from the PHB and Deathbound, Drow, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Hatred, Hunger, Lust, Madness, Orc, Pestilence, Slime, Sloth, Suffering, Tyranny, Undeath, and Wrath domains from the Spell Compendium.

Class Abilities
• Weapon and Armor Proficiency, Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor (light, medium, and heavy), and with shields (except tower shields). A cleric who chooses the War domain receives the Weapon Focus feat related to his deity’s weapon as a bonus feat. He also receives the appropriate Martial Weapon Proficiency feat as a bonus feat, if the weapon falls into that category.
• Aura (Ex) A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details). Clerics who don’t worship a specific deity but choose the Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law domain have a similarly powerful aura of the corresponding alignment.
• Spells: A cleric casts divine spells, which are drawn from the cleric spell list. However, his alignment may restrict him from casting certain spells opposed to his moral or ethical beliefs; see Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells, below. A cleric must choose and prepare his spells in advance (see below).
To prepare or cast a spell, a cleric must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a cleric’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the cleric’s Wisdom modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a cleric can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Cleric. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score. A cleric also gets one domain spell of each spell level he can cast, starting at 1st level. When a cleric prepares a spell in a domain spell slot, it must come from one of his two domains (see Deities, Domains, and Domain Spells, below).
Clerics meditate or pray for their spells. Each cleric must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a cleric can prepare spells. A cleric may prepare and cast any spell on the cleric spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation.
• Deity, Domains, and Domain Spells: A cleric’s deity influences his alignment, what magic he can perform, his values, and how others see him. A cleric chooses two domains from among those belonging to his deity. A cleric can select an alignment domain (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if his alignment matches that domain.
If a cleric is not devoted to a particular deity, he still selects two domains to represent his spiritual inclinations and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies.
Each domain gives the cleric access to a domain spell at each spell level he can cast, from 1st on up, as well as a granted power. The cleric gets the granted powers of both the domains selected.
With access to two domain spells at a given spell level, a cleric prepares one or the other each day in his domain spell slot. If a domain spell is not on the cleric spell list, a cleric can prepare it only in his domain spell slot.
• Sun Domain Granted Power: Once per day, you can perform a greater turning against undead in place of a regular turning. The greater turning is like a normal turning except that the undead creatures that would be turned are destroyed instead.
•Sun Domain Spells Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
• Water Domain Granted Power: Turn or destroy fire creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Rebuke, command, or bolster water creatures as an evil cleric rebukes undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.
• Water Domain Spells Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
• Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).
• Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells: A cleric can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to his own or his deity’s (if he has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaos, evil, good, and law descriptors in their spell descriptions.
• Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su): Any cleric, regardless of alignment, has the power to affect undead creatures by channeling the power of his faith through his holy (or unholy) symbol (see Turn or Rebuke Undead).
A good cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships a good deity) can turn or destroy undead creatures. An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships an evil deity) instead rebukes or commands such creatures. A neutral cleric of a neutral deity must choose whether his turning ability functions as that of a good cleric or an evil cleric. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric can cast spontaneous cure or inflict spells.
A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. A cleric with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (religion) gets a +2 bonus on turning checks against undead.
• Bonus Languages A cleric’s bonus language options include Celestial, Abyssal, and Infernal (the languages of good, chaotic evil, and lawful evil outsiders, respectively). These choices are in addition to the bonus languages available to the character because of his race.

Skills: *Armor Check Penalty -3
Cleric: 2x4+0(+0 Human)(+0 Int.)=8
Concentration +3 [2 ranks, +1 Con.]
Balance +1 [0 ranks, +1 Dex. ]*
Bluff +2 [0 ranks, +2 Cha.]
Diplomacy +4 [2 rank, +2 Cha.]
Escape Artist +1 [0 ranks, +1 Dex.]*
Gather Information +2 [0 ranks, +2 Cha]
Heal +5 [2 ranks, +3 Wis]
Hide +1 [0 ranks, +1 Dex.]*
Intimidate +2 [0 rank, +2 Cha.]
Knowledge Religion +1 [1 ranks, +0 Int.] Fifth City
Listen +3 [0 ranks, +3 Wis.]
Move Silently +1 [0 ranks, +1 Dex.]*
Ride +1 [0 ranks, +1 Dex.]
Sense Motive +3 [0 ranks, +3 Wis.]
Spellcraft +1 [1 ranks, +0 Int.]
Spot +3[0 ranks, +3 Wis.]
Swim +1 [0 ranks, +0 Str.]*

Feats:
Extra Turning

Languages
Common, Elvish

Spells 3 Zero level and 2+1 Domain First level per day. Save DC 10+spell level+3
Suggested Spells
• Orisons Detect Magic, Guidance, Light (spontaneous Cure Minor Wounds)
• First Level Obscuring Mist (D), Bless, Light of Lunia (spell compendium) (spontaneous Cure Light Wounds)

Equipment: 31 gp
Cleric’s Vestments 0 gp
Travelers Outfit 1 gp
Chain Shirt 100 gp
Shield, Light Wooden 3 gp
Short Bow and Quiver of 20 arrows 31 gp
Rapier 20 gp
Dagger x2 4 gp
Spell Component Pouch 5 gp
Holy Symbol Wooden 1 gp
Flint and Steel 1 gp
Water Skin 1 gp
Backpack 2 gp

Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

Scott DeWar

I ain't quittin!

Just to give you a heads up, tomorrow is my birthday and I had (yeesh!) Yet another procedure done at the Hospital, yes it is linked to my getting sick two years ago. so I might be a bit scarce this weekend. Been kicking around some names for my character. I sure wish this was pathfinder, as a fire elementalist is so way kool! or as you put it, grooooovy!

[ugh, I ache every where right now.]

Remove ads