Who is watching "Vikings"?

Herschel

Adventurer
We both enjoy it. The Ragnar/Legertha relationship is interesting. The Rolo flip-flopping is a bit much but otherwise I like it well enough.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
We both enjoy it. The Ragnar/Legertha relationship is interesting. The Rolo flip-flopping is a bit much but otherwise I like it well enough.

I was surprised Ragnar's shield maiden - wife didn't take a stand and tell the princess to hit the road.

Herschel

Adventurer
Well, he is the Earl and Aslaug is pregnant so I think that tempered her reaction somewhat, but yeah, it was odd. Aslaug was supposedly trying to curry favor with her but she is not inclined to share.

It wouldn't surprise me if that moment is coming, though.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Without revealing SPOILERS, I didn't care for the actual battle scene in Brother's War. Yes some people were highlighted getting killed, but as major characters were doing their own singular combats, of the main battle line behind them people were swinging swords, but nobody was dying. I don't believe I've ever witnessed a battle scene with no bodies on the ground. Even when the battle was over, there were no discernable bodies in view at all, not even the ones you witnessed between main characters - and except for on one of the main characters (Rollo), there was no blood. I thought that a much better job could have been done. I remember commenting on the scene while watching this episode with a friend, that even civil war re-enactors die on the field of battle. If nobody falls, there's no suspension of disbelief - same is true with this episode.

I do like the show in general, most of the characters and most of the episodes. I was just a bit 'meh' on the battle scene in this 1st episode of Season 2.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Without revealing SPOILERS, I didn't care for the actual battle scene in Brother's War. Yes some people were highlighted getting killed, but as major characters were doing their own singular combats, of the main battle line behind them people were swinging swords, but nobody was dying. I don't believe I've ever witnessed a battle scene with no bodies on the ground. Even when the battle was over, there were no discernable bodies in view at all, not even the ones you witnessed between main characters - and except for on one of the main characters (Rollo), there was no blood. I thought that a much better job could have been done. I remember commenting on the scene while watching this episode with a friend, that even civil war re-enactors die on the field of battle. If nobody falls, there's no suspension of disbelief - same is true with this episode.

I do like the show in general, most of the characters and most of the episodes. I was just a bit 'meh' on the battle scene in this 1st episode of Season 2.
Wow, that is like, true.

IM a little upset at the second episode in season 2. 4 years later? what the what? The second freaking episode and its 4 years later? I dunno, that just seems to throw the whole continuity off for me, I think it would have made more sense it have the first episode as the season finale of season one, and then start off season 2 as 4 years later, that would seem to be a smoother transition to me being that its the start of a new season, but to throw that in in the second episode!? just seemed off to me. And the whole brother vs brother thing they was building up on just seemed so anti-climatic, it seemed like they was going somewhere with it and then was just like nevermind, and yeah that battle did seem pretty lame.

Remove ads