Slow house

Slow Horses on Apple? Absolutely. Its great. It made me want to read the books it’s based on. My wife doesn’t typically like espionage thrillers but even she got hooked.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Saw the first two series, keep meaning to watch the third but haven’t had the time yet!

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Is Slow House the show where the doctor solves medical mysteries, but really slowly?

"It's..............

..........lupus..."

I watched some of the first season of Slow Horses when I had Apple TV and really enjoyed it. I want to read the book series.

Anyone else watching this? I finished season 3 and it’s excellent

Curious for those who have and live in the area what is it like
Slow Horses you mean? By "the area", you mean England?

Slow Horses is excellent, Jackson Lamb shows Nick Fury how it should be done. I'm not sure about Slow House, is that the manga where Hugh Laurie voices a tortoise doctor who solves crimes by being nasty to all the other animals?

Last edited:

Slow Horses you mean? By "the area", you mean England?

Slow Horses is excellent, Jackson Lamb shows Nick Fury how it should be done. I'm not sure about Slow House, is that the manga where Hugh Laurie voices a tortoise doctor who solves crimes by being nasty to all the other animals?
Didn’t catch that autocorrect haha

Didn’t catch that autocorrect haha
So what did you want to know about the area? Slough House looks like a converted Georgian Townhouse to me - pretty common in London. I expect the name is inspired by the Betjeman poem "Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough". "The Park" is fictional, but plausible. There are several parks close to UK government buildings.

So what did you want to know about the area? Slough House looks like a converted Georgian Townhouse to me - pretty common in London. I expect the name is inspired by the Betjeman poem "Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough". "The Park" is fictional, but plausible. There are several parks close to UK government buildings.
So I think it’s a real area that it’s filmed in? 123 aldersgate street. Is that area worth going to if you were visiting

So I think it’s a real area that it’s filmed in? 123 aldersgate street. Is that area worth going to if you were visiting
It looks like lots of London. But not the bits I would suggest were worth visiting. Aldersgate Street is a real street, it's up near the Barbican. The Museum of London used to be up that way, but I believe they have moved to new premises now. There are some remains of the Roman Wall, which are supposedly haunted.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I absolutely love the series, although Series 3 (in the UK nomenclature) was a little less compelling (IMO) than the first two. Still solid.*

It's clear that Gary Oldman is having a blast playing the lead role, and I can't get enough of his character. Absolutely love the show.

It was good, and I found a great deal of joy in watching the scene between the director and asst. director of MI5 discussing their machinations over a bottle of booze while the carnage was unfolding at the end. But I just found the overall story was a little more forced and, strangely, rushed compared to the first two seasons.

Remove ads