Jack Chick's Dark Dungeons Movie Trailer

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Mockery of religion is unfunny to decent-minded folks.

I posted months ago my horror and dismay over the "Chick tracts" in a forum discussing that judge smeared in the media over his D&D hobby.

Showing people how ridiculous [note my qualifier] religious proselytizing can wreak harm can be amusing, beneficial, etc.

But, "#RPGesus" is offensive. The "Chick tract" example does not automatically besmear all practitioners of a major world religion that I understand teaches love for each other rather than hate and violence.

Far too many movies these days are filled with numerous "Jesus" and/or "Christ" statements in the same breath with screams, violence, curses and expletives [f-bombs, etc.]. That is not creative license--just plain purposeful offense. I notice there is not the same frequency--or even single examples--where other religious names are so used.

I personally am uninterested in any contact whatsoever with media and groups that find it acceptable to perpetrate or innovate mockeries of any religion's sacred names and themes.

EDIT: D'oh! Clicked quote before I saw Morrus' red text. Hopefully this edit hits in time. Anyhoo, suffice it to say I disagree and would be happy to explain why via PM if you're interested.

Henry

Autoexreginated
This might have been the only kickstarter in the world where contributing would give a person street cred simultaneously with Chick supporters and D&D fans. I regret not donating now. :)

Remove ads