Jack Chick's Dark Dungeons Movie Trailer

NewJeffCT

First Post
This was always my favorite part of the old Chick tract. Verisimilitude fail.

...With all respect to female gamers, of course. I'm sure this has happened somewhere, at some time, in the history of the game. I do know a few female D&D players. It's just that the emphasis in that sentence is world-crackingly heavy on the word few.

I'm sure it has - I was just recalling the old MS3TK parody of Jack Chick where one of them commented on how the gaming table had 4 women and 3 men, and therefore was not realistic... (I think they also commented about the lack of chips and Mountain Dew making it unrealistic as well.)

Scorpio616

First Post
It is satire. Just because something is done with a straight face does not exempt it from being satire.

One not need to add a nod and a wink when saying "Let's go roast some poor Irish children for supper." to make it satire.

Last edited:

Tom Strickland

First Post
[Per request by the author who has deleted his post, I have removed the full quote and associated attribution--referencing only the proposed term.]

Mockery of religion is unfunny to decent-minded folks.

I posted months ago my horror and dismay over the "Chick tracts" in a forum discussing that judge smeared in the media over his D&D hobby.

Showing people how ridiculous [note my qualifier] religious proselytizing can wreak harm can be amusing, beneficial, etc.

But, "#RPGesus" is offensive. The "Chick tract" example does not automatically besmear all practitioners of a major world religion that I understand teaches love for each other rather than hate and violence.

Far too many movies these days are filled with numerous "Jesus" and/or "Christ" statements in the same breath with screams, violence, curses and expletives [f-bombs, etc.]. That is not creative license--just plain purposeful offense. I notice there is not the same frequency--or even single examples--where other religious names are so used.

I personally am uninterested in any contact whatsoever with media and groups that find it acceptable to perpetrate or innovate mockeries of any religion's sacred names and themes.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It is satire. Just because something is done with a straight face does not exempt it from being satire.

One not need to add a nod and a wink when saying "Let's go roast some poor Irish children for supper." to make it satire.

So true, thats the reason I like the movie 'Jennifers Body' (besides the girls kissing bits:)), if this Dark Dungeons movie is stylistically similar I'll be happy...

I mention Jennifers body because of the similar Satanic themes and that despite the gore and very 'sexual' plot there is in fact no nudity

Last edited:

Dice being rolled amongst pouring blood?

Sold!!!

Seriously, I think this may be one of the most unintentionally funniest movies ever made...even more-so than the Twilight movies.

Or it could be intentionally funny...Yay Poe's law!

Remove ads