The Walking Dead 4.16 "A" Season Finale - Spoiler Alert

I note that they have a Checkov's Gun in play, in the form of Denise Crosby. Wise producers do not put her in front of a bunch of geeks without then having her have significant contact with the main characters.
Eh... to an extent. Jeff Kober's character, Joe, appeared to be a significant character, and he only lasted, what, four episodes? I'm sure Denise Crosby will have a significant role. The question is, how long will she be significant for?
So, it is unlikely be as simple as "Carol & Tyrese sneak in, find the train car, get guns, bust out guns blazing," scenario.
I doubt it'll be done in a single episode, but it seems to be a possible scenario.

That is a good point. She basically only had one line so far, and they cast her for a reason.

I am wondering how much of next season the current situation will take up. Is this going to play out over all of next season, or will be be the springboard into something new?
I'm hoping they don't turn it into a Governor type thing and drag it over several seasons.

Ahnehnois

First Post
To me it wasn't as big and dramatic a season finale as they've had in the past, but I was fine with the setup for the next season.

I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned the attempted child rape. Being a kid on TWD is rough this season.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
The piece that was off for me... lack of zombies around Terminus. What, they declared it a zombie free zone, so the zombies know to stay away? I can see them doing "runs" and clearing zombies every day -- but to just keep the front gates un-locked and open? No zombies encountered the entire last day of travel leading up to Terminus?

Just seems off.

One thing that troubled me.

Maybe I missed it, but how did the Claimers know it was Rick that killed their "friend?" None of them saw his face, nor did any of them see Carl and Michonne. So, how were they so certain it was Rick?

NewJeffCT

First Post
The piece that was off for me... lack of zombies around Terminus. What, they declared it a zombie free zone, so the zombies know to stay away? I can see them doing "runs" and clearing zombies every day -- but to just keep the front gates un-locked and open? No zombies encountered the entire last day of travel leading up to Terminus?

Just seems off.

Why? They're pretty well armed and organized. Plus, it seems obvious that Glenn and Maggie's group were allowed in the front door. Remember, when Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl hopped the fence, one of the Termites said, "Joe (or whatever his name was) must have been on guard duty for them to have slipped by"

The Terminus area seems pretty well fortified as well- no people wandering off to attract roaming zombies like Carl in Season 2 - the people were well inside the perimeter.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe I missed it, but how did the Claimers know it was Rick that killed their "friend?" None of them saw his face...

One did see his face - as Rick was hiding under the bed and two of the Claimers were arguing over who got to sleep in the bed - they got into a scuffle, and one of them was choked into unconsciousness on the floor...

Ahnehnois

First Post
The Terminus area seems pretty well fortified as well- no people wandering off to attract roaming zombies like Carl in Season 2 - the people were well inside the perimeter.
To me it seemed like there was a sufficient buffer zone that the walkers probably wouldn't be able to detect the presence of living things inside and would probably just bounce off the fence and walk away.

NewJeffCT

First Post
To me it seemed like there was a sufficient buffer zone that the walkers probably wouldn't be able to detect the presence of living things inside and would probably just bounce off the fence and walk away.

Thanks - you put it much more eloquently than I did. I think their biggest worry at Terminus is a large gang of well armed intruders.

Plus, we've only seen Terminus for 20 minutes or so on screen, so who knows how often they're attacked by groups of walkers?

Remove ads