GOTHAM Gets Official Full Series Order at Fox

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Don't worry: some executive won't understand it, and will order it destroyed. Or it will suck from the get-go. "CobblePot, Selina Kyle, and Alfred Pennyworth" will be in the show, but Batman won't because Bruce Wayne is only 11. Um, won't Selina then only be at most 15? Isn't she supposed to be roughly the same age as Bruce? hmmmm...

Don't worry: some executive won't understand it, and will order it destroyed. Or it will suck from the get-go. "CobblePot, Selina Kyle, and Alfred Pennyworth" will be in the show, but Batman won't because Bruce Wayne is only 11. Um, won't Selina then only be at most 15? Isn't she supposed to be roughly the same age as Bruce? hmmmm...

Depends on how they plan to use her..childhood friend? and she's currently 23 as stated by ONE comic and so i guess it depends on what they plan to do..There's numerous comcic versions of Selina Kyle even one in which she died back in the 70s...

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Nit picky aren't you :p..it's a sound effect for the trailer..

EDIT: do you go into new shows etc..looking for whats wrong with it? I'm just curious i think i asked oyu this before...

Yeah, but they've been using it to the point that it's a trope, bordering on cliche'.
No, but I do try to figure out what's going on so I can weed out drek without wasting too much time. If a show is well done, I don't have time to notice the flaws--I'm too busy enjoying it. When I'm not enjoying something, I try to figure out why--then every tiny flaw starts to become jarring.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Production values certainly look high, the cast looks great, so I have to wonder why we get once again a superhero show with no friggin' superheroes?! It's just inane. I wish someone would someday be able to do a Batman and Robin show as a high-end cable series, where you have the cash plus the time to develop storylines.

EricNoah

Adventurer
It looks ok to me; I wonder if they will be able to constantly sustain a dark and heavy tone (or rather whether I will enjoy that).

A show like this seems like very slowly setting the table for a banquet coming much later on (a banquet we won't even get to eat, mind you). I hope it has its own arcs and mysteries that are shorter term.

Remove ads