GOTHAM Gets Official Full Series Order at Fox

Richards

Legend
I'm not talking about the plot twist of him working for Falcone; I'm talking about him as written in the show overall. Where he kills a carload of college kids for making fun of him. Where he moves up the ranks by plotting to "save" part of the money he has thugs steal from his new boss's restaurant, then kills the thugs and pockets the rest of the cash himself. Where he hires the thugs working for a guy about to kill him right out from under him and then stabs his cheapskate enemy in the guts himself and watches him die. Where he can get stabbed through the hand by Fish Mooney and still smirk at her while calling his thugs off and calmly removing the implement from his hand.

This is a bad-ass Oswald Cobblepot, the likes of which I can't recall having seen anywhere before.

Johnathan

I'm not talking about the plot twist of him working for Falcone; I'm talking about him as written in the show overall. Where he kills a carload of college kids for making fun of him. Where he moves up the ranks by plotting to "save" part of the money he has thugs steal from his new boss's restaurant, then kills the thugs and pockets the rest of the cash himself. Where he hires the thugs working for a guy about to kill him right out from under him and then stabs his cheapskate enemy in the guts himself and watches him die. Where he can get stabbed through the hand by Fish Mooney and still smirk at her while calling his thugs off and calmly removing the implement from his hand.

This is a bad-ass Oswald Cobblepot, the likes of which I can't recall having seen anywhere before.

Johnathan

I'm also impressed with how they have done him, this is a a considerably more evil Penguin than what we are used . He even pulled an epic batman gambit. He has earned the following titles in my eyes : Wild Card, The Chessmaster, Manipulative Bastard.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm also impressed with how they have done him, this is a a considerably more evil Penguin than what we are used . He even pulled an epic batman gambit. He has earned the following titles in my eyes : Wild Card, The Chessmaster, Manipulative Bastard.

I'm loving his mother Mrs Kapelput too, especially her story about how she got revenge against her rival by reporting the mean girls father to the secret police. I can see why Cobblepot is a wee bit twisted.
This is certainly the best Penguin ever...

Last edited:

Scorpio616

First Post
Well, now I'm putting money on Babara winding up as a casualty. On screen infidelity is usually something they reserve for doomed characters. That plus being 'one that got away' from Zsasz also doesn't help her survival prospects. Her death would make good glue for Gordon and Montoya's workplace camaraderie.

Well, tonight was a good episode...Ivy came back and scared even Cat....It opened up more questions and I wonder hwo Gordon will run into while out at Arkham...

Remove ads