"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." - Season 2

The Leaner, Meaner Season 2 of ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’

Well it looks like the paradigm has shifted quite a bit. With SHIELD no longer being an omnipresent organization with a huge backing in the terms of power and funding they are going to have a lot more work to do, as most of the threats are not going to be handled off screen. So more people with power are likely to crop up without the constant oversight.

And of course we got Absorbing Man in the season premiere as a HYDRA mercenary.

Nellisir

Hero
Well, I liked episode 1 of Season 2. I agree the first season was a lot of bad filler (and yes, just because it's filler doesn't mean it has to be bad); it honestly reminded me that I really liked Buffy. This season is at least starting out pretty strong, and there are a few curveballs I wasn't expecting. Nice to see they didn't back off on you-know-who being a complete nutso whackjob; I was really afraid they'd pull some kind of double reverse switcharoo. But they didn't.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Okay so I stopped watching season 1 at the Chitauri helmet episode because it was brain-numbingly boring, flat characters, no direction and little tie-in to the rest of the Marvelverse (which is vast and didn't need to rely on the movies resolving to get good writing - something like Warehouse 13 could have worked). However after reading the threads here I went and watched the first 2 season 2 episodes on demand and I will say that I enjoyed them:)
Having the Agent Carter, Absorbing man and Lance Hunter tie-ins to the Marvel Universe was satisfying. Not to mention the new SHEILD vigilante direction seems fun, although I was getting Hulk vs Ross and A-Team flash backs (ie its not a new formula but if its works all well and good).

I'm also wondering what the Fitz delusions and braindamage thing is suppose to be (did I miss important stuff from season 1? and where did Simmons go?)

Last edited:

Nellisir

Hero
I'm also wondering what the Fitz delusions and braindamage thing is suppose to be (did I miss important stuff from season 1? and where did Simmons go?)

If I recall correctly, Fitz was oxygen deprived for a period of time at the end of the last season. I presume that's where the brain damage came from. As far as Simmons, if you've seen 2 episodes you know more than me about what's current. :)

Remove ads