All Marvel TV Shows, Ranked

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Having just finished She-Hulk (and having recently binged the other new MCU shows after getting the Disney+ thingie) I thought I'd put together the following- the INARGUABLE LIST OF THE GREATEST MARVEL TV SHOWS, ranked.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen every single show, so I am going to exclude a few... which will be noted at the beginning. Again, these are the 24 shows, ranked, in order, and as the product of maths and logic cannot be argued with. COLLOSSON THE NUMBERWANG ROBOT IS NEVER WRONG!

Tier Sue Storm (Haven't Seen)
24. Helstrom (Hulu 2020)
23. The Gifted (Fox: 2017-19)
22. Marvel's Runaways (Hulu: 2017-19)
21. Marvel's Cloak & Dagger (Freeform 2018-19)
20. Marvel's M.O.D.O.K. (Hulu 2021)
19. Marvel's Hit-Monkey (Hulu 2021)

Tier Hindsight Lad (Just the worst)
18. Marvel's Inhumans (ABC 2017)

Tier Guardian (Fine, eh?)
17. Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix 2017-18)
16. Marvel's What If (D+ 2021)
15. Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix 2017)
14. The Falcon and the Winter Solider (D+ 2021)

Tier Ghost Rider (Pretty pretty cool)
13. Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC 2015-16)
12. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC 2013-20)
11. Marvel's The Punisher (Netflix 2017-19)
10. Hawkeye (D+ 2021)

Tier Batman (I'm Batman, I can be in Marvel if I want)
9. Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix 2016-18)
8. She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (D+ 2022)
7. Loki (D+ 2021)
6. Moon Knight (D+ 2022)
5. Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix 2015-19)

Tier Wong (I am the Sorcerer Supreme)
4. Wandavision (D+ 2021)
3. Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix 2015-18)
2. Ms. Marvel (D+ 2022)
1. Legion (FX 2017-19).

Now, what have we learned from this exercise? Well, the obvious ... Marvel is both weirdly insistent AND weirdly inconsistent about having "Marvel" in the showname.

Or, as Guardian would put it..... Sorry. Marvel's Show Name.

MGibster

Legend
I don't see how any reasonable list could possibly have Iron Fist beating out M.O.D.O.K. MODOK at least succeeded in being a comedy with some characters you actually cared about. Iron Fist failed at being a good martial arts show and I didn't care about any of the characters. Dude's nemesis was a bad businessman. But at least this thread allows me to make this joke: We get to see which Marvel shows are the most rank.

Thank you. I'll see my way out the door.

There's been 24 Marvel shows in less than a decade? Good lord, I've seen none of them, and while a few were on my "maybe try at some point" list now I'm definitely not regretting never having stepped into this sea. I guess I have actually heard of most of them but... wow.

Also, I feel kind of stupid for not realizing D+ wasn't the grade you were giving the show but its home instead.
Well D+ is the grade I give to Disney+ for naming their streaming service after a symbol that doesn't work for web addresses. Paramount+ gets graded a little better, because in that case at least it's a much better name than CBS All Access. Perhaps the colossal failure of CNN+ has finally spelled the end of this terrible naming convention.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Agents of Shield was unwatchable.

Eh. The thing is .... it got much better as it went on. Much, much better. But by then, it had lost a lot of its audience.

The original problem that it had was that it both tried to "tie in" to the movie MCU while also not being able to do anything that really involved the MCU. Oh, plus the usual issues you get when you have 22 episode seasons on broadcast TV.

The first two seasons can be hit or miss, but the show keeps getting better and weirder. If you stick with it, the final season (yes, season SEVEN) is the kind of bizzaro awesome weirdness that is the cherry on top of the show's sundae, with time loops, noir episodes, and a totally kickin' trip to the 80s with Coulson as Max Headroom (I mentioned it gets weird?). And hey ... Ghost Rider in season 4. Ghost Rider is cool.

I can't rank it higher ... I mean, it's not like there weren't some bad stretches in the 136 episodes, but there is a reason it acquired a small and devoted fanbase.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Eh. The thing is .... it got much better as it went on. Much, much better. But by then, it had lost a lot of its audience.

The original problem that it had was that it both tried to "tie in" to the movie MCU while also not being able to do anything that really involved the MCU. Oh, plus the usual issues you get when you have 22 episode seasons on broadcast TV.

The first two seasons can be hit or miss, but the show keeps getting better and weirder. If you stick with it, the final season (yes, season SEVEN) is the kind of bizzaro awesome weirdness that is the cherry on top of the show's sundae, with time loops, noir episodes, and a totally kickin' trip to the 80s with Coulson as Max Headroom (I mentioned it gets weird?). And hey ... Ghost Rider in season 4. Ghost Rider is cool.

I can't rank it higher ... I mean, it's not like there weren't some bad stretches in the 136 episodes, but there is a reason it acquired a small and devoted fanbase.
I'll take your word for it. There is just something about full season network TV that I cant watch anymore. The serial format is just so much better.

I have not seen a lot of the MCU D+ stuff, but if I had to rank it would be like this;
Daredevil
Punisher
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones Season 1

Stuff I would never rewatch or recommend to anyone;
Ironfist
Agents of Shield
The Defenders

Remove ads