Defining your party of adventure rs

Your Party of Adventurers is

• a Band of Mecenaries who will work for whoever is paying

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • A group of Wanderers who follow rumours and hearsay to find adventure

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Heroes of Reknown on their way to becoming Legends

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Rebels with a Cause (Robin Hood/Luke Skywalker)

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Agents of some important Patron

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Outlaws/Bad guys

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Knights Errant out to do good and fight evil

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The City Watch - they live in a town and work to protect it

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • In the right place at the wrong time

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • None of the above/Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 6.8%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
SO how would you describe your party of adventurers in particular and the generic party in general?

Are they Mercenaries for Hire, Heroes of Reknown or Rebels with a cause...

s/LaSH

First Post
The party I DM is a bit of a tricky category... they came together totally by accident, under the supervision of powerful patrons, but in the end it's their own destiny that they are moving towards and it's gonna be grand.

So I voted destiny, but it took a while to figure that out...

arwink

Clockwork Golem
One group was formed by the church of St Cuthbert as a reliable team of errand boys.

The other is a group of former military personel who retired to the wrong place at the wrong time.

Capellan

Explorer
They'd like to think they are 'heroes, on the way to legends", but they're really more in the mercenaries or wanderers camp, with a healthy dose of the Keystone Kops added to the mix.

'tis fun :D

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re

Current adventuring group is as follows:

Paladin of Lathander: Knightly type who is extremely kind, just, forthright and compassionate.

Cleric of Kelemvor: Caring, yet Somber. Sees death as natural part of life. Is currently hunting down a powerful lich who destroyed her family.

Neshara: Free-wheeling, devil may care, adventurous cleric/fighter of Tymora. Adventures for the thrill and enjoys destroying evil.

Durl Hammersong: Dwarven bard and dandy. Adventures to gain material for this tales and to do good in the name of the dwarves.

Rezzyn Spidermoon: Drow Elven Arcane archer. Worships Eilistraae. Not as well developed because the player is on his 4th character, which just joined the group.

Helvyn Blackmoor: Rogue/Monk/Ninja Spy. Joined the group because a friend requested that he join. His friend perished during the adventure, and he swore to complete the quest out of respect for this friend. He is neither good nor evil. He sees adventuring more as an occupation than a quest.

Relkordd Greystorm: Sorcerer. Adventures for wealth. Cares about few people. Enjoys testing his skills in battle. Is not evil, but is not good either.

Our adventuring parties usually vary. No way a single decription will fit my entire party. They adventure for different reasons pulling together their talents and skills to the benefit of all.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Well I think most of the adventuring parties I've been a part of would like to be:

"Heroes of Reknown on their way to becoming Legends"

but they tend to end up more like:

"A group of Wanderers who follow rumours and hearsay to find adventure"

and very occasionally they are:

"a Band of Mecenaries who will work for whoever is paying" :D

This last mostly due to our poor information gathering skills. :)

Fenes 2

First Post
One party of adventurers is centered around a paladin, doing good deeds and basically being heroes. The party's bard takes care of the legend-forming.

Another party is basically a priestess and her entourage, doing whatever is neccessary to further the goals of her lawful-evil high priestess.

Storminator

First Post
I Dm for a bunch of Thayans bent on world domination. Despite themselves they've managed to join both the goblin tribe AND the kobold tribe from Sunless Citadel (after beating both into submission), and started to PO Rasheman.

At the rate their going they'll have drawn Thay into a northern war any moment.

Definite Bad Guys

PS

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Well it all depends on who you ask ;).

According to me (DM) my guys tend to lie some where between "Heroes of Reknown" and "Rebels with a Cause" with a good dose of "Mercenary" thrown in - although they started out as "A Group of Wanderers".

I'm sure my players would say "Knight Errants" and "Heroes of Reknown."

Last edited:

Remove ads