D&D 5E Next DMG Sneak Preview is Up! Figurine of Wondrous Power!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
The Deck of Many things is on Page 162-4 while the figurines are on pages 169-170. So between there's a fair amount of "E" and "F" items.

But I'm mostly curious to see the table of contents. We're likely to see the rings and the artifacts are potentially reachable but I doubt we'll reach the "firearms" and "ToC" thresholds.

I've got:
Drums of Panic
Dust of Disappearance
Dwarven Thrower (since it appears weapons are thrown in with the rest, if they list it that way)
Elemental Conjuration Item (again, if they list them this way instead of individual "Stone..., Censer..., etc..."
Efreeti Bottle
Ethereal Plate/Armor (again, maybe, if they have weapons in with the Misc. items they probably have armors with them too)
[maybe Eversmoking Bottle...kinda goes with the efreeti bottle]
Feather Token

That looks like it could easily fill 5 pages.

Astrosicebear

First Post
WOTC: Here's this Deck of Many Things, these cool figurines, awesome artwork, flame tongue, and this awesome giant fly mount.

Community: FOLDING BOAT!

picard-facepalm.jpg

Roger

First Post
For obvious reasons, I'm happy to see the Ivory Goats are still around.

Also, I suppose if someone really really wants to play a summoner character, the way some people do, a big sack of Figurines would do.

I'll put in a vote for Robe of Useful Boats.

Cheers,
Roger

JesterOC

Explorer
In my previous gaming session I had the players find the 2 lions. I liked their recharge scheme better (AD&D DMG). It was one use per day for one hour. Or if they are killed 7 days. It gives them an incentive to pull the lions back before they get killed. Adding the to verisimilitude of the game IMHO.

I do like the new description of how to activate them (toss and they appear there), but it does seem odd that when the revert, you have to pick them back up. I guess it also adds a bit of verisimilitude as well, just not sure how I feel about it yet. If someone tossed one out and the PC killed it, they would scoop it up right away. If A PC's fig. was scooped up by a horde of goblins.. would they ever get it back? I guess it provides the same incentive to make sure your beast does not get killed and then stolen, but seems a bit more harsh than just waiting 7 days.

Last edited:

Paraxis

Explorer
WOTC: Here's this Deck of Many Things, these cool figurines, awesome artwork, flame tongue, and this awesome giant fly mount.

Community: FOLDING BOAT!

The deck, and the figurines are just rehashed from older editions, nothing new or innovative. The flame tongue existing is not exciting in any way, I will give you the fly mount is cool.

The art is not very good, the whole page dedicated to recycled art for the deck of many things and the low quality of the images in this preview is not awe inspiring in any way. People really use that word awesome way to much.

The fact the community is focused on something as minor as a folding boat should make WoTC happy.

Astrosicebear

First Post
The deck, and the figurines are just rehashed from older editions, nothing new or innovative. The flame tongue existing is not exciting in any way, I will give you the fly mount is cool.

The art is not very good, the whole page dedicated to recycled art for the deck of many things and the low quality of the images in this preview is not awe inspiring in any way. People really use that word awesome way to much.

The fact the community is focused on something as minor as a folding boat should make WoTC happy.

AND-THE-BUZZ-KILLINGTON-AWARD-GOES-TO.jpg

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I like how they dont define what Defends itself is.

I think that is how I would have written Rangers animal companions.

action to attack ... it keeps attacking and attacks anything that attacks it (defends itself)
If you want it to attack an new target then you use another action to command it.

Remove ads