[LPF] No Loitering

jkason

First Post
GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

Parsons listens to the group impassively. His brow furrows as the first several speak, though the building tension seems to melt a bit when Kepli speaks.

Then the bird knocks on the door, and Parsons, seeming a bit flummoxed, speaks.

"It sounds like many of you've already been talking to the wrong sorts of people," he says. "The White Cloaks aren't in the business of slitting people's throats in the night, not even with contracted labor.

"However, I can tell you that this isn't just a peaceful encampment of people we don't like the look of. Several of the individuals involved have been implicated in bandit raids on the low end, and things along the lines of what you thought I was asking you all to do on the high end. These are not good people. They are not misunderstood people.

"They also aren't the kind of people who generally gather, honestly. They hit, they hide. Often they hit each other. That they're positioned so noticeably, and just outside our reach, is deeply troubling given ... let's just say this group of troublemakers isn't the only problem we're dealing with. Any more than that would breach our own internal security.

"If the five of you have the means of collecting an entire camp of these people and dragging them back for questioning, then by all means,"
Parsons says, though his tone is clear in its doubt such a thing can be done.
"What we're after, though, is that the camp is broken up. These people gathered is an avalanche waiting to happen. Also, bring us any intelligence you can find about what convinced a bunch of backstabbing felons they should settle down and play house together."

Parsons raises an eyebrow, then, adding, "Most of these goons are murderers of one stripe or another. Feel free to do what you have to do to safeguard your own lives. I said we aren't in the business of contracting assassins. We also aren't keen on having our contractors killed."

He stands, surveying the room, awaiting any further questions.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

The young woodsman sighs in relief. "So, just to be clear, we're to break them up, bring them in if we can. Killing them if forced to is ok, but not a...um...requirement for the task." Wilmorn scratches his head, trying to figure out if he's overlooking anything. "Oh, yeah, and bring back any information we can. Speaking of which, do you have more information as to where they have been spotted? Outside Venza and close to the city is a pretty big swath of area to cover."

Meanwhile, the man's count puzzled Wilmorn, as he counted six things mentioned. Nonetheless, he wasn't about to contradict such a menacing figure. He smiles at the intruding seagull. Somehow, seeing the bird warms Wilmorn to the dark-skinned woman a bit. "I'm Wilmorn. Oh, wait, I introduced myself already. I'm a ranger in training, and can handle myself out in the woods alright." He looks down at his gear uncomfortably. While beggars can't be choosers, it would've been nice if Master Martin had at least sent him off with a proper bow and a more comfortable polearm.

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche (+5, 1d10+6, 19-20/x2, slashing,reach,brace,+2 CMD resist sunder)
Conditions: None yet
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 9/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]
Siddhartha looks his host squarely in the eyes and gives a slight nod of confirmation, then proceeds to listen intently to the ranger speak.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar looks stoically at the various introductions. He thinks it's not appropriate to disclosure his skills and abilities to a group of strangers. It was then that the seagull busted into the room. The turtle resting on Aszar's shoulders peeks its head out of his carapace to look sideways at the bird with more than intelligent eyes.
"I am regarded as Aszar Kzlop. I am considered a sage." the merfolk states, the last to introduce himself. "I agree on the terms specified, and would like to know the retribution we are to expect, and what to do with the spoils we come across..."

Attachments

• merfolk.jpg
    merfolk.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 244

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Oh great Erin thought, a bird. Just what the menagerie needs. Better to stay on the good side of her and the fishman though she thought exasperatedly. She sighed. "I see, it's not the group itself that's the concern really. It's the fact that they've grouped to begin with. So intelligence and dispersal, by whatever means necessary. I think we can handle that." Her erudite tone, combined with her tail flicking about on the ground adds to her unnatural presence. She flicked up her spectacles. "When would we depart?"

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:16 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +1 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Level 0 Spells Prepared: Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/1 Mirror Strike

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Linguistics +9, Profession (Cook) +3, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +11

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli thinks the others have asked some very relevant questions and so she doesn't interrupt. The task for the Commander, however, has got her excited and she is already plotting out ways that they might accomplish it. She only needs to discuss things with her soon-to-be companions. She studies them briefly: the ranger, the big warrior, the merfolk sage, and the mysterious tiefling woman. Yes, she thought they would do quite fine.

"So, remuneration offered, location of the task and departure time, which I presume would be relatively soon and I believe we will be ready to begin. If we pass muster, that is." She raises her brow in question, wondering to herself whether they will be acceptable to the prickly Commander.

Scuttle hops around on the floor searching for bits of food dropped by previous occupants of the room and occasionally eyeing the turtle with a hungry stare.
[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness)

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: Shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 6
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

Parsons considers the group a moment, his gaze slightly doubtful as it rests on each one of them, but finally he shrugs and reaches into his backpack to produce several pieces of parchment rolled together and tied with nondescript twine. He holds it in his hand, gesturing with it as he speaks.

"Our people have a location on the camp, maybe a day from here on foot, depending on your land speed. We don't have much more than that. Like I said, it's outside our jurisdiction, and if White Cloaks wound up bumping into troops from the barony ... " he shakes his head. "Gods save us all from politics."

"Rates are Venzan government standard for contractors of your sort," Parsons continues to the question of payment. He glances to the merman to add, "And, yes, we assume you're planning to keep any extra goodies you happen to stumble on in the course of your endeavors. This isn't my first ride around the arena with adventurers.

"As to when you start, that's on you lot. Longer you wait, the better entrenched these folks will get. I also hear mumbling that they may be gathering more, so, again: sooner rather than later. But the timetable's up to you so long as you manage the objectives."

He tosses the roll of parchment to the table, then, nodding to it. "What we know, what your obligations are, and what we're offering are all in the contract." Here he produces an inkpen from his belt pouch and a small vial of ink, leaving them near the papers.

[sblock=ooc]Parsons isn't being intentionally vague about money. Venza's offer is, essentially, your Time Based Gold for the adventure, so the exact amount will just depend on how long the adventure runs. :)

There aren't any other special details to be read in the contract. It tells you where the camp is, and basically lays out what Parson's said: you disperse the camp through means which are at your discretion, return any intelligence that answers the who/what/when/where/why/how of the gathering, eh voila: profit. [/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 9/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]
Siddhartha gives a quick squint over the document, as reading is not his strong point. He scrawls what only can be hoped is his name.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn eagerly adds his name to the contract, nearly knocking the ink over in the process. After signing it, he realized he had not taken the time to read the contract. He quickly scans the parchment, and realized he completed the scan without reading a word of it. Flushed, he forced himself to slow down and read the words more carefully. Satisfied there was nothing suspicious in the words, he moves out of the way for the others and sit back down.

[sblock=ooc]Is there an easy way to get the ministat to show over and over, rather than having to copy/paste it every post?[/sblock]

Remove ads