[LPF] No Loitering

jkason

First Post
GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

Parsons nods when it's clear the group has no further need for him, and walks to the door.

He turns back around as he's halfway out.

"Oh, I just remembered: we've been getting reports from the woods to the south of Venza of increased predation. It seems like natural hunters, not our gathering band. I figure if you lot can handle this camp, you shouldn't need much trouble fending off wild animals, but it seems worth mentioning as a little heads up.

"Though there's no bonus for game trophies,"
he finishes with a wink. Then he's gone, leaving the group to their plans.

[sblock=ooc]Go ahead and assume Parsons leaving happens after Kepli's first post above, since Siddhartha waited until then to ask about plans, so the response posts shift to that point.

I just wanted to officially absent him. It's all yours, guys. Just let me know when you've settled on a course of action, and I'll shift things in that direction. Until then, I'll just be over here in the corner rubbing my palms together and laughing maniacally.

At the television, I mean. It's funny. There is no masterminding going on over here. Carry on... ;) [/sblock]

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

While Erin's voice has ceased to cause Wilmorn his reflexive cringe, the ranger still fights a certain discomfort as he attempts to process her words. He scratches his head as the group assesses their options. "Why don't we scout them out, capture one or two of them, and see what we can find out about their operations? I mean, they've got to be sending people out to do things by themselves at some point, right?" Wilmorn offers, as he stares at the tiefling's drinking antics.

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche (+5, 1d10+6, 19-20/x2, slashing,reach,brace,+2 CMD resist sunder)
Conditions: None yet
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 9/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]

"I will serve the group's wishes as best I can, but I am no good at sneaking or pretending, because I am only Siddhartha." replies the man, with no pretension in this voice.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar Kzolp, Merfolk witch

merfolk.jpgThe fishman nods to the ranger. "I concede that your suggestion could be attempted as a previous phase to gather information." his white eyes fixed on Wilmorn. The simpleton seemed to have something inside that head of his after all, despite what appearances might tell, deceiving as they are.
"But you are good at staying quiet. No need for anything else." Aszar started saying as he turned slowly to fix his milky eyes on the stout former slave. His unsettling gaze then fell on Erin for a moment. He blinks slowly.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

"Wha...oh, right. We can try it first." Wilmorn looks over to Siddhartha, and shivers. "You know, if we find an isolated group and cut off their retreat, driving them to the sight of you may be enough to make them surrender."

Wilmorn shifts as he tries to even out his load. "You know, I feel bad for Ser Parsons. I mean, to not be able to do his job and having to rely on others to do it for him..." he shakes his head at the thought. I should remember to thank him for the opportunity to do his work for him next time...

In Hand: Bardiche (+5, 1d10+6, 19-20/x2, slashing,reach,brace,+2 CMD resist sunder)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
View attachment 64850"Why?" Aszar's gaze fell again on the ranger. "That's how your society works. You should be envious of his accomplishments, since he has a social status above ours, and there are others whose status is higher, and to them he answers, and do things in their name. Your reactions would be the same as if the spear point feels bad for the wooden shaft, as it relies on it to do the killing. The hands that wield the spear will pat the wooden shaft, not the steel point, in the same way Parsons is going to get the credit for our actions, while we are the ones that will get soaked in blood."
Wilmorn wasn't likely trying to incite philosophical discussions with the merman, but the once silent and introverted creature seems to dig on such matters with intensity.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png
Philosophy had always made Erin's head hurt. She had never had any trouble understanding the intricacies of arcane theory, but religion and philosophizing like the merman was doing just tended to make her annoyed. She tried to conceal her frustration, by furiously rearranging things in her backpack. "Parsons needed extra manpower, and we provide it. Simple as that. He might even be relieved not having to go into the wilds himself to end this little endeavor. Sending disposable resources, as it were." She said, tail flicking back and forth quickly as she worked, her back to the group.

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:16 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +1 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Level 0 Spells Prepared: Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/1 Mirror Strike

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Linguistics +9, Profession (Cook) +3, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +11

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +5, 1d6+1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
While the others have continued the conversation, Siddhartha has been coldly staring at the human ranger since the joke at his expense. If ranger was perceptive enough, he would notice Siddhartha's jaws clench and nostrils flare.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn stares at the merman. "Umm, so what you're saying is..." The flustered ranger pauses, and shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you mean." Suddenly, the hair on the back of his neck rises, and Wilmorn instinctively takes a step away from the silent man.

As he does so, he trips over his seat, and nearly lands on top of the tiefling's flicking tail. Only a quick acrobatic move at the last moment saves the contact. Bewildered and prone, Wilmorn finds himself staring up at the tiefling.

Flushed and clearly embarrassed, the young boy of a man quickly picks himself off, dusts himself needlessly, and heads toward the door. "Er...perhaps we best be moving."

Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
Skills:

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

As soon as the ranger's view turns back towards Siddhartha, the ranger is treated to the largest of smiles! "Wilmorn, my name is Siddhartha, and you can trust me. I wouldn't call us friends, but trust is necessary for survival. I want to survive this mission, and I now place my trust in you." Siddhartha reaches down to help Wilmorn pick up his belongings. He pauses for a moment to address the group in a much more serious tone, "I trust all of you. That's how we survived in Buloxi, and that's how we survive now."

I don't trust any of them, yet.

Last edited:

Remove ads