[ot] Morrus, Liquide, Rav and Tallarn - a tale of beer and singing, in many parts :D

Liquide

DEX: 4
Ok well I will not post my full story just yet.
I still have seven full days left in england before I will do that.

BUT

There's one thing I thought I needed to share with you.

Yesterday Jason and I did come home from the pub, BUT Rav and Morrus didn't show up until the next day after. ;)

I will get back later (in about a week or so) with some more details about this (Rav will most likely post his view on the whole matter tomorrow).

Just wanted to update you a bit, see you later fellas.

Oh, and Jason says that everything you have heard so far IS TRUE.

Well, that's all from me folks.

See you.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I read on the news page that Morrus and Liquide are coming to Sweden, is this correct? If so I'd like to invite you both to a cup of coffee and a tour of our gaming club in Katrineholm. If you can find the time you are both very welcome! Just give me a call.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Firstly, get to the top, damn it!

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that you two don't know eachother Frosty and Liquide, I mean you both live in Katrineholm och den är fan inta so jävla stor.

Frostmarrow

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
Firstly, get to the top, damn it!

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that you two don't know eachother Frosty and Liquide, I mean you both live in Katrineholm och den är fan inta so jävla stor.

Of course we know eachother. We've known eachother for years. We just don't hang out together and Liquide is not a member of my gaming group nor am I a member of his. But we've had beers, if that means anything.

Edit: Our respective presence here at the EN-boards is purely coincidental. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AGGEMAM

First Post
Frostmarrow said:

Of course we know eachother. We've known eachother for years. We just don't hang out together and Liquide is not a member of my gaming group nor am I a member of his. But we've had beers, if that means anything.

Edit: Our respective presence here at the EN-boards are purely coincidental. :rolleyes:

Hell, beers, that pratically makes you best mates!

Off course you couldn't help but knowing eachother, it was just that from your reply it seemed you didn't to which I went ga... *pick up chin* WTF.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I see your point. The thing was I followed a link from the news page and posted my invitation to Morrus and Liquide. I didn't see that Liquide had posted right before me. In any event, you are very welcome too if it is in any way possible. I don't even know if M and L will accept. The news page says "short visit" after all.

Remember, Katrineholm is only some six hours away by train. :)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Lots of fun, even though low geekness!

Liquide said:
Yesterday Jason and I did come home from the pub, BUT Rav and Morrus didn't show up until the next day after. ;)
Hmmmm... ambiguous sentence that. I'll reply to that by saying that I did not think of my new custom user title myself.

However, this change of user title has absolutely nothing to do with money changing hands for unknown purposes. Really. I am serious. Positive. Absolutely true that.

ummmm...

Anyway, Tallarn did an excellent job doing a write up on what happened on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Though he didn't mention the 3 pizza's, garlic breads and dips for a mere tenner thanks to our friendly admins roommate as well, Patron Saint of pizza and driving drunk foreigners around, Jason. he got rid of some complete idiots who were giving the people behind the counter a hard time. Next time in Southampton, I'll go to the place 5 minutes before, I'll start a ruckus and Jason will come to the rescue so we can all have cheap pizza out of the propietor's gratitude. Hurray!

Shadeus, if you are wondering about what happened with vomit, I could help you out by telling you about who/that, but Tallarn was nice enough not to damage a certain persons reputation for holding up his beer really well. People might think gnomes do not deserve their +2 to Constitution. Thanks Tallarn!

So what is left to be told? Saturday night of course! And I can do the first write up of that as well... but not with the style and penache of the Hiveminds loudly singing mascotte, unfortunately.

So there I was in Morrus's apartment, still a bit queasy after the Wodka Red Bull/beer combination of friday, and we were ready to go out again. However, none of us had eaten except Morrus, who we absentmindedly ignored when he asked whether we wanted to get anything from the shop since he was going to buy himself some food anyway. Killing each other on the Xbox was far more important than food.

Of course when it hit ten and it was time to go to the pub, the daunting aspect of drinking at least six bottles of grolsch on an empty stomach did not appeal to me at all. Liquide was in a far more troubling predicament since his drink of choice is Guinness. MacDonalds it was then, although we had to order from the car. In England, when something is supposed to be closed at a certain time, but the manager isn't looking, clean up and close the door an hour early and tell people to order from outside. It is clean, efficient and everyone is happy. Except Jason, who had to think about the prospects of having two foreign gamers eating double cheeseburgers and chips on the backseat of his car. And driving round the MacDrive again because two blonde women without the benefit of a car wanted to buy food as well. Hey, would you have done differently?

Filled with a healthy Macdonalds meal and the first bottle of Grolsch in the pub safely in my stomach, I stopped feeling a bit queasy and went to feeling... well, a lot more queasy really. More dancing on tables and checking out women (and being checked out by women - and, for the most part, promptly being discounted... ah, c'est la vie.) ensued, though I still felt a bit crap.

Jason then decided that he really liked the looks of a certain young lady who looked somewhat North-Mediterranean, but turned out to be English... As he and Liquide hence had conversation with her and her friend, I decided to go to the cooler part of the pub, where I rejoined with Morrus who couldn't get on the table anymore after a visit to the sanitary facilities. More drinking and checking out women followed. Mostly drinking.

I started feeling a lot better then, and decided to walk up to a nice girl who I imagined smiled at me earlier. Now, I was getting drunk and was a bit tired already, so I no longer had my English accent, and had degraded into my Dutch one. Which is Excellent:... instant exotic image coming your way babe!

"Hi! Great pub isn't it!" (In loud music question marks don't work)
"Yeah it is! Quite special!"
"I just love it! They don't have anything like these where I am from!"
"Where are you from then!"
"A town a bit north of Amsterdam, originally! And you!"
"Australia!"

Back to the drawing board then shall we? Exotic, what was thinking? The pub closed soon after.

At this point in time, I'll have to fast forward to 13:00 the next day, since I want to escape the ire of certain people (you know who you are!). In the time gap the events occurred from which I earned my new custom user title. I just hope that Morrus knows what he has done. How are my Play By Post players going to take me seriously? :rolleyes:

The rest of the weekend (ie sunday afternoon and evening) was spent in a more traditional gamers meet gamers style. Playing on the Xbox, talking geekspeak, watching Spaceballs on DVD (and not remembering why you thought it was so good 10 years ago) and talking politics.

I came home around 15:30, half an hour to spare till my rehearsal, not having learned my lines and having lost the English accent (I blame Liquide! ;)) my director basically gave me the part for. Oops! :D

All in all, a very enjoyable weekend which rated surprisingly low on the geek-o-meter.

Ravellion aka Rav

AGGEMAM

First Post
Rav, you're just gonna have to tell us how you earned that title. We'll find out, anyway, so you're better of telling it yourself ...

Remove ads