Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer is now live!

Water Bob

Adventurer
The first teaser trailer is out, on youtube!

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Dude...even from this little bit...it looks AWESOME!

I mean freakin' AWESOME!!!

Just from what they give you, I can tell the entire vibe of the film is going in a more realistic way. The plastic, shiny, kiddie approach of the prequels is GONE (and good riddance).

I haven't felt this way since I saw the first Star Wars trailer back in 1977.

Dudes...this looks GOOD.

Water Bob

Adventurer
Notice the title at the end? The word "Episode" is gone.

I've read that they're going to make another trilogy AND some side films--one-offs.

I wonder if the new ones will not be titled with Episodes and just be: Star Wars - Name of the Film Here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They just wrapped filming last week, which I guess explains the lack of much cast footage. That Falcon shot at the end...

Ryujin

Legend
I can't say I noticed any, except maybe for half a second when the camera was looking right into the sun.

That was the only bright light source, so the only place that he could have pulled it. It's CGI. It's unlikely that there was a camera actually involved, why, then, would you add lens flares? It's not like the human eye gives that effect!

MarkB

Legend
That was the only bright light source, so the only place that he could have pulled it. It's CGI. It's unlikely that there was a camera actually involved, why, then, would you add lens flares? It's not like the human eye gives that effect!

If it had been anything like the Star Trek movies, there'd have been lens flares throughout that low-lit stormtrooper transport, and one wider than the entire screen when the lightsaber ignited.

Ryujin

Legend
If it had been anything like the Star Trek movies, there'd have been lens flares throughout that low-lit stormtrooper transport, and one wider than the entire screen when the lightsaber ignited.

We haven't seen the inside of an Imperial ship or the Millennium Falcon yet. Give him time.

MarkB

Legend
We haven't seen the inside of an Imperial ship or the Millennium Falcon yet. Give him time.

For that matter, there's still a year's worth of post-production to do. These clips may all have been 'prettified' by the time the movie comes out.

Remove ads