Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer is now live!

Ryujin

Legend
For that matter, there's still a year's worth of post-production to do. These clips may all have been 'prettified' by the time the movie comes out.

I fully expect that little lens flare to rise to the levels of David Carradine walking in the desert in the opening sequence of the 1970s "Kung Fu" TV show by then.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I fully expect that little lens flare to rise to the levels of David Carradine walking in the desert in the opening sequence of the 1970s "Kung Fu" TV show by then.

Condemning a trailer for a movie by inventing things that aren't in the trailer for the movie seems fairly... erm... odd to me.

I hate the T-Rex, myself. Totally out of place! And the clown was just silly.

If it had been anything like the Star Trek movies, there'd have been lens flares throughout that low-lit stormtrooper transport, and one wider than the entire screen when the lightsaber ignited.
Much like bay adds random explosions and hot girls in very little clothing to his movies, Abraham adds random lens flares and hot lens flares in very little clothing to his movies. There is an interview out there somewhere in which Abraham admits his wife didn't much care for the Tar trek movies because she couldn't see the movies... too much lens flare for her to see anything.

Ryujin

Legend
Condemning a trailer for a movie by inventing things that aren't in the trailer for the movie seems fairly... erm... odd to me.

I hate the T-Rex, myself. Totally out of place! And the clown was just silly.

It's not inventing things; it's considering past to be prologue. In this case multiple previous movie prologue.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not inventing things; it's considering past to be prologue. In this case multiple previous movie prologue.

We're talking about this trailer. You're welcome to talk about what you it predict will be in the final film instead based in whatever criteria you like, but we're talking about what's in this trailer.

Ryujin

Legend
We're talking about this trailer. You're welcome to talk about what you it predict will be in the final film instead based in whatever criteria you like, but we're talking about what's in this trailer.

I was; the unnecessary lens flare in the Falcon shot.

Stormonu

Legend
My first thought upon seeing this: "I'm going to shoot Abrams."

It took me a second watch to realize what was bothering me about the Falcon (my second-favorite Star Wars vehicle, and I'm a vehiclephobe; screw lightsaber fights) - it's missing the flanges over the the engine in the rear. I'm also betting that the square "radar dish" was because it was replaced after Lando got it knocked off in the Death Star II.

I like the new stormtrooper look, and I'm a little shocked we're seeing classic Tie Fighters. The "claymore" lightsaber was interesting.

I laughed when I saw the heroine on the jetbike - while it looks like a scavenged pod racer with a seat, it also looks like a big ...erm - well, y'know.

But strangely, the thing that bothered me the most was X-wings flying about 3 meters above the ground like snow speeders. They aren't snow speeders. They're space craft. Fly 'em low, but that was silly. I kept expecting one of the laser cannons to catch on some water and flip it into the ocean. (Yes, I know they have repulsors two. But by tradition they fly like WW2 fighter planes. You don't fly those low to the ground. If they wanted to fly them that low, they should have used speeders for that scene, not X-wings.)

I don't even want to talk about the replacement for R2.

This movie better have an awesome space fight. I'm expecting something on the grand scale of the Death Star trench or over Endor. Movies 1-3 had pathetic space battles (though Revenge had some potential, just didn't carry through).

Last edited:

I don't even want to talk about the replacement for R2.

If you are referring to thew droid that looks like Wall-E got glued to a soccer ball it isn't a replacement..it's just new droid design that we haven't seen before now

EDIT: Reminder to all Abrams is going to ruin your child hood Star Wars forever just wait for it

Remove ads