• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer is now live!

nerfherder

Explorer
Ah, Y-wings! The Boulton-Paul Defiant of the Star Wars universe.

Fortunately, a lot more successful!

Ah, that takes me back to my childhood when I built an Airfix BPD... :)

I thought the teaser was great. The X-wings skimming over the lake, the Millenium Falcon with tip vortices, and a new, bad-ass Sith. Can't wait!

Jhaelen

First Post
If you are referring to thew droid that looks like Wall-E got glued to a soccer ball it isn't a replacement..it's just new droid design that we haven't seen before now
Ooh, yeah, and I wish I could unsee it...

I think it's a bit odd to see all those spaceships speeding through a planet's atmosphere... but it's been done before, so I suppose I can live with it.

And the lightsabre with the cross guard - definitely not a fan. I suppose we get a lightsabre shaped like a morningstar next...

Ryujin

Legend
Ooh, yeah, and I wish I could unsee it...

I think it's a bit odd to see all those spaceships speeding through a planet's atmosphere... but it's been done before, so I suppose I can live with it.

And the lightsabre with the cross guard - definitely not a fan. I suppose we get a lightsabre shaped like a morningstar next...

At least a lightsabre with some hand protection makes some sense. People even slightly versed in medieval combat wonder why hands aren't always being cut off.

Yeah, I know, "It's a movie" ;)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
At least a lightsabre with some hand protection makes some sense. People even slightly versed in medieval combat wonder why hands aren't always being cut off.

I believe the canon answer is more like, "because lightsabers are sticky". As in, once contact is made between two blades, they don't *slide* along each other very well, so you don't generally have to worry much about the other guy running up your blade to your hands. This, of course, makes the crossguard seen in the trailer just superfluous.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't get the crossbar hate. Hands got cut off a LOT using non-crossbarred lightsabers. And like that comedian pointed out, the lightsaber beam can be inside the crossbar. The metal bits just shield the inner bit form your hand. Besides, if you're using it you're a jedi, and jedi use the force and have superpowers and don't injure themselves on their own lightsabers, because they're jedi. If there's anything wrong with that whole setup, it ain't the crossbar.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Have you seen Star Wars? De-handing is kind of a theme! Allow me to introduce the dismembered characters of Star Wars: Anakin, Luke, Dark Vader (again!), Count Dooku (both hands!), General Grevious (two of four hands!), Mace Windu. Plus the guy in the Cantina and Wampa! Everybody gets their hands cut off in Star Wars!

Lukenohandsma.png

No_arm_annie.jpg

ldvyields1.jpg

ldvyields2.jpg

4HRTg.jpg

5076997_std.jpg

invisible_hand_general_s_quarters08.jpg

mace.jpg

Ponda_arm.jpg

OneArm-ESB.png

Ryujin

Legend
Have you seen Star Wars? De-handing is kind of a theme! Allow me to introduce the dismembered characters of Star Wars: Anakin, Luke, Dark Vader (again!), Count Dooku (both hands!), General Grevious (two of four hands!), Mace Windu. Plus the guy in the Cantina and Wampa! Everybody gets their hands cut off in Star Wars!

Admittedly so but in a, "I hack your hand off" manner rather than a, "I slide my sword along yours, in the bind, and take advantage of the lack of hand protection to take your hand off" sort of way.

Remove ads