CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

Shayuri

First Post
I present D3@tH 0tT3R. Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair:

Otter's a hacker...black market provider of illicit-info and cracked software. Her Writing skill depicts her skills as a first-rate internet troll. She's utterly brilliant, and more than a little chemically unbalanced. She has no emotional 'filters' either going in or coming out...and if it's possibly to have LESS than no impulse control, she's got that too.

In theory there's a kind of robin-hoodieness to her choice of targets, but in practice that pattern is a pretty thin thread since she'll go after anyone that annoys her; and she's easily annoyed.

Occupation was a tossup between criminal and student, really...but I went with Criminal because it shows how she wound up in prison moar better. And because I wanted firearms and stealth, because her combat tactic for the first few levels will be to hide and occasionally poke a hand out from behind cover and shoot while shouting obscenities. :)

Not sure about advanced classes I want to aim for. Techie is a bit more "engineer" than I see her. Her craft skills revolve more around upgrading and optimizing computer equipment than hotrodding cars and building guns. But I could see her developing in that direction perhaps.

We shall see!

D3@tH 0tT3R
Smart Hero 1

Str 08 (0)
Dex 14 (6)
Con 10 (2)
Int 18 (10)
Wis 12 (4)
Cha 11 (3)

AC 12
BAB +0
Action: 3
Initiative: +6

Fort +0
Ref +2
Will +2

Class:
Smart
- Talent: Computer Use Savant (+lvl to Computer Use rolls)

- Gain Stealth as class skill and +1 to Forgery; gain Personal Firearms Proficiency

Feats
Simple Weapons
Personal Firearms Proficiency
- Gearhead (+2 Computer Use and Repair)
- Improved Initiative

Skills 52 (13/lvl)
Computer Use (Int) +11 (4 rnks + 4 int + 2 feat + 1 talent)
Craft (electronic) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Craft (mechanical) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Craft (writing) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Disable Device (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Forgery (Int) +9 (4 rnks + 4 int + 1 occupation)
Investigate (Int) +6 (2 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (behavioral sciences) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (physical sciences) (Int) +5 (1 rnk + 4 int)
Knowledge (popular culture) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (streetwise) (Int) +6 (2 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (technology) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Repair (Int) +8 (2 rnks + 4 int + 2 feat)
Research (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Search (Int) +5 (1 rnk + 4 int)
Stealth (Dex) +6 (4 rnks + 2 dex)

Equipment
Wealth +[roll0]

Gear
Dark blue prison coveralls, a comb, a ballpoint pen, three pieces of paper, two postage stamps, two envelopes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, foot powder, a pair of flip flops, a pair of work boots, a blanket, a 2" mattress pad, and one roll of toilet paper.

gribble

Explorer
Sorry guys - I've sketched up a character and have it mostly complete, but I've been too busy to put the finishing touches on it and get it posted up online. I'll try to do that this afternoon.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
This looks spiffy. I shall try to work out the stats asap, but here's my concept.

A transgender prisoner, misgendered by the authorities and thrown in prison with people of their birth gender (whichever the majority of PCs are). The character is in prison for acts of domestic terrorism and destruction of government property as they were a member of a militant civil rights group that utilizes violence as a political tool. They can defend themselves in hand to hand combat and have gotten put in isolation on numerous occasions due to getting into fights with other inmates (with the other inmates invariably being the aggressors).

The character is a bit of a hothead and an idealist, though the past two years in prison has made them bitter and withdrawn, especially since the group they were a part of was effectively disbanded when the character and many other members were arrested and convicted.

gribble said:
Sorry guys - I've sketched up a character and have it mostly complete, but I've been too busy to put the finishing touches on it and get it posted up online. I'll try to do that this afternoon.
You have time. As people submit character sheets, I'll update the "Characters Submitted" post on the first page of this thread. The submission deadline is December 18.

Kiraya_TiDrekan said:
A transgender prisoner, misgendered by the authorities and thrown in prison with people of their birth gender (whichever the majority of PCs are). The character is in prison for acts of domestic terrorism and destruction of government property as they were a member of a militant civil rights group that utilizes violence as a political tool.
Nice. I don't think I've seen a transgender character for a PbP before. I like it.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[sblock=Feral Li]

Feral was born Fiona Lewis, to an American father and a Korean mother. Fiona knew from an early age that "she" wasn't like other girls and very quickly moved from the dance and gymnastics lessons her parents signed "her" up for to martial arts. "She" joined the MMA circuit, taking the stage name Feral Li, after dropping out of high school.

Feral had just earned enough money to start hormone therapy and was lining up top surgery when he became involved in a militant civil rights group. Unfortunately for Feral, he was caught and convicted on their first outing. Feral was sent to a women's prison, despite his protests, and has spent most of his time in isolation due to his penchant for getting into and winning fights.

Feral keeps his head clean shaven as much as possible, though it usually ends up having about a week's worth of length to it in the prison environment. He has a hard face of mostly Korean origin, with a dash of freckles across his nose and cheeks. His skin is a creamy brown and his eyes are dark brown, almost black.

Note: The birth gender and goal gender can be swapped and the birth name changed to Phillip Lewis if the rest of the PCs are male.

Class: Tough Hero (planning to alternate with Fast Hero and Martial Artist)
Starting Occupation: Athlete

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 9 (-1)
Cha: 10 (+0)

BAB: +0
Fort: +3
Ref: +3
Will: -1
Defense: 14 (10 +1 class, +3 Dex, +1 vs melee attacks only)
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 12
Action Points: 3

Combat

Unarmed Strike - +3 to hit (+2 Str, +1 Brawl feat), 1d6+2 nonlethal damage

Notes: +2 on grapple and trip checks

Talents

Remain Conscious

Feats

Brawl
Combat Throw
Defensive Martial Arts
Simple Weapon Proficiency

Skills

Balance - +7 (4 ranks + Dex)
Climb - +6 (4 ranks + Str +1 competence)
Jump - +6 (4 ranks + Str)
Tumble - +7 (4 ranks + Dex)

Starting Occupation Benefits

Permanent Class Skills: Balance, Jump, Tumble
Bonus Feat: Brawl
Wealth Bonus (outside of prison): +1

Gear

Dark blue prison coveralls, a comb, a ballpoint pen, three pieces of paper, two postage stamps, two envelopes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, foot powder, a pair of flip flops, a pair of work boots, a blanket, a 2" mattress pad, and one roll of toilet paper.[/sblock]

Its been literally years since I made a d20 Modern character so...hopefully I didn't mess anything up. :p

Edit: oops, I didn't realize you had posted a standard character sheet format. I'll revise my sheet to fit it...soon.

Last edited:

Glad to see another character sheet posted. No one should sweat errors or inconsistencies; I'll pair us up just prior to play, and ask that everyone vet their partner's sheet.

Rubberneck

First Post
I am certainly interested in this. I will try and throw together something this evening if you'll have me. I'm used to playing brick :):):):) houses. I might do the same thing here. Especially since I've made bricks in other games that didn't revolve around actual combat. You should read my Vampire's stats in Kira's game... The whooping the guy can provide would be staggering. My question for you GM is this going to be a heavy combat game or should I focus on being skilled in other RP type ways. Such as being a master manipulator/con man. Oooh I like that idea... I'll need to read the core rulebook and get reacquainted, I think I've played this type before but not 100% sure. :)

Rubberneck said:
My question for you GM is this going to be a heavy combat game or should I focus on being skilled in other RP type ways.
Through level 4, the game will feature combat, negotiation, one or more car chases, some tech/computer skills, and investigation.

Remove ads