Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella steps up and is side by side with Angie,

"I believe her exact words were servants... I'm not sure she understands our roles here..."

Bella never put her sword away and at the moment she's wiping it down with a rag she retrieved from behind her chest piece.

dream66_

First Post
Elsbeth worries we might be breaking needed cover stories, but what's done is done, she moves to stand with her team as Branwyn appears from the ether bringing a spell.

[section] Briony had to stop herself from nodding in agreement with Yolkana. Like the Azure League warrior, Briony thought the village leaders--all of them--should be slain. She also would have dumped the poison in the river. Surely that much river water would dilute one or two mere pots of poison? Instead of nodding, however, Briony drew herself up beside her sister and kept her blade at the ready, daring anyone to test her. [/section]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You can see the wheels turning in Yolkana’s head as her piercing eyes take the measure of each of you in turn, and your protests in the local tongue. You can almost hear her thoughts, as her anger builds at the insolence you have just shown her. As an agent of the Azure Legion, she could use her influence to harass you for as long as you did business in Tekumel. The power and influence a member of the Azure Legion has strikes fear into the Tekumel people and they are used to being placated. But you are not of Tekumel, and you have services her government desperately needs. And there is the question of whether Yolkana is still an official agent at all. There is also the small fact that she needs you to finish her quest, and an official mission seems to mean much to her sense of duty. Whatever the cause, she backs down though the anger never leaves her eyes. Nor do the nearby, transfixed villagers dare move until they see the results of your disagreement with her. ”Perhaps in my rage against these violators of the law I spoke in haste. I will instead have them pour the poison into a hole in the village so we do not poison their water supply, however much they may deserve it. Once that task is done, I will see the material burned so it cannot aid the empire’s enemies again. After that, perhaps you would like to accompany me to the temple so we might complete the mission assigned to us.”

Rubberneck

First Post
Bella shrugs,

"She's the boss."

And jerks her head towards Angie. She tucks the cloth back in behind her chest plate and sheaths her sword.

[section] Briony didn't put away her blade. She mistrusted Yolkana and didn't bother to hide it, but she was also less than pleased how the incident with the poison had turned out. Briony said nothing to either Angelina or Yolkana, chosing instead to pointedly heft her sword in the direction of the villagers, forcibly directing them back inside their huts. She dragged the corpses of the slain pirates and any other bodies, making a heap of them at the edge of the encampment. This was tiring work, and Briony soon worked up a sweat. A large part of her hoped it was the highest form of disrespect to treat the dead thusly. She was spoiling for a fight. Just let someone speak an objection; she'd pounce.[/section]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
By the time the poison is disposed of and Briony gets the people back to their huts it is a handful of hours before sunrise. Yolkana matches Briony in readiness for violence, and clears out the deceased elder's hut in order to get some rest, and since it is in much better shape than the dilapidated one the villagers gave you, you join her in there for a nice sleep broken up by watch shifts. When you are refreshed and ready to go, the sun has been shining outside for a couple of hours. If the villagers have been properly cowed, you expect you'll find a guide ready for you.

OOC: Any other actions before you leave the village?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Zephia pulls Angelina aside and shows her one of the poison jars she nabbed, "This may come in handy at some point. Shall I hold on to it or do you want it?"

Remove ads