Awakening Apocalypse - Shadowrun 5E setup discussion (Recruiting)

Rubberneck

First Post
It doesn't hurt my feelings guys :) I felt really awkward as well. As for the new system to be implemented I'm fine for whatever. Personally I'm a sucker for good posts and it doesn't take much to impress me. As for a new player I'm fine with that as well. I believe CanadianneBacon showed interest? I'm not sure how to spell her name and I also don't know how to mention people on my phone :)

Mosier

First Post
Alright, we'll forget about bonus Karma for now. Everyone just note the 10 karma received as a reward for a successful run.

I have opened recruitment for the game. A flavor RP post (not the new run) will be up by tomorrow morning. See you all back in the Shadows!

Last edited:

Hey. Mosier contacted me via PM about this game. I'm tentatively very interested, but need to confirm with the group whether you are willing to be patient with a player (me) who only acquired the Shadowrun hardcover in March and hasn't read the darn thing yet. If I joined, I would need help vetting my character submission, and I would likely have questions the first few encounters about how my character operated, mechanically.

What roles are occupied by the current players, and what role/s are you lacking?

Shayuri

First Post
You know I'm always up to help someone with a character. :)

Casper is an infiltrator/sneak type. Will probably pack a good punch, but because she's limited to relatively light/chameleonic armor, she'll be fragile when enemies spot her. She will become an Adept; a magically empowered non-spellcaster.

Shayuri

First Post
Mosier, interesting post!

Can I run with it a bit, or do you have something specific in mind?

In particular, is this the Great Ghost Dance, or something more mentor-spirit related? :)

Edit - Ah! Cool deal! I shall write it with that in mind. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mosier

First Post
Feel free! Casper is currently performing the Great Ghost Dance, along with her people. You may freely share her thoughts and feelings, but she will not stop dancing until the Great Ghost Dance is over.

Also, please go ahead and give Casper her magic rating, and the adept powers that come with it. She will Awaken before she has to make her next dice roll.

Edit response: Casper is interacting with her mentor spirit at the same time she is performing the Great Ghost Dance.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hey. Mosier contacted me via PM about this game. I'm tentatively very interested, but need to confirm with the group whether you are willing to be patient with a player (me) who only acquired the Shadowrun hardcover in March and hasn't read the darn thing yet. If I joined, I would need help vetting my character submission, and I would likely have questions the first few encounters about how my character operated, mechanically.

What roles are occupied by the current players, and what role/s are you lacking?

I hadn't played Shadowrun before this game and everyone has been very patient with me as I've been learning the rules. Mosier has been really good about helping me out with the complex bits of playing my character (which is just about all of it). It would be pretty hypocritical of me to not extend the same welcome and patience to you. So, welcome! I probably won't be able to help you with your character but will if I can.

I play Heartbreak: hacker and corporate expert with some secondary social skills.

Remove ads