D&D 5E [Rogues Gallery] B1: In Search of the Unknown

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
This is the character thread for my D&D 5E adaptation of B1: In Search of the Unknown.

Players, please post your finished characters here.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Norbrit Nogginsplitter, Fighter1]
Name:Norbrit Nogginsplitter
Sex:Male
Race:Mountain Dwarf
Class/Level:Fighter 1
Alignment:Neutral Good
Size:Medium
Type:Humanoid
Speed:25 ft.
Init:+0
Senses:Darkvision 60 ft.
Passive Perception: +13

DEFENSE
AC:18
HP:13
Saves:Str, Con
Special:Dwarven Resilience

OFFENSE
Melee: Battleaxe +5; 1d8+3 Slashing
Melee: Handaxe +5; 1d6+3 Slashing
Ranged: Handaxe +5; 1d6+3 Slashing
Special:Dueling Fighting Style grants +2 to damage when wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapon.

STATISTICS
Str 17 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 16 (+3), Int 12 (+1), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 8 (-1)

RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Dwarven ResilienceNorbrit has advantage on saving throws against poison, and he has resistance against poison damage.
StonecunningWhenever Norbrit makes an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, he is considered proficient in the History skill and adds double his proficience bonus to the check, instead of his normal proficiency bonus.

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Background:Outlander- Norbrit has spent years in self-imposed exile, wandering the wilds away from his homeland.
Wanderer:Norbrit has an excellent memory for maps and geography, and he can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around him. In addition, he can find food and fresh water for himself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
Proficiencies: Pan Flute

Traits:Norbrit is driven by a wanderlust that led him away from home.
Ideal:Honor- If Norbrit dishonors himself, he dishonors his whole clan
Bond:Norbrit's clan is the most important thing in his life, even when they are far from him.
Flaw:There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Fighting Style: Dueling- When Norbrit is wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, he gains a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
Second Wind: Norbrit has a limited well of stamina that he can draw on to protect himself from harm. On his turn, he can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + his fighter level. Once Norbrit uses this feature, he must finish a short or long rest before he can use it again.

SKILLS (Proficient in bold)
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics
-1 (cha) Deception
+3 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
+1 (int) Religion
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth
+3 (wis) Survival

COMBAT GEAR
Battleaxe
Handaxe x2
Chain Mail
Shield

OTHER GEAR
Smith's Tools
Explorer's Pack
Staff
Hunting Trap
Boar's Tusk
Pan Flute

MONEY
10 gp

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Norbrit keeps his long red hair and beard loose and tangled--and dirty; like most dwarves baths are few and far between. He is gruff in both appearance and attitude, and sees no need in wasting time pondering over a situation when you can just kick down a door and see what's on the other side.

BACKGROUND
After some family disagreements in Clan Nogginsplitter, Norbrit has decided to take a break from it all and venture out on his own. He's sure he'll go back some day, but in the long life of a dwarf, that could still be some years off.
[/sblock]

Wolf118

Explorer
[sblock=Thedren, Level 1 Monk]
Name: Thedren
Class: Monk
Background: Hermit
Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Languages: Common, Elven, Orc

HP: 9
Hit dice: 1d8+1
Passive Perception: 15
AC: 16 (Unarmored)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35'

Stats
Bonus
Saving Throws
Strength: 10
+0
+2*
Dexterity: 16
+3
+5*
Constitution: 12
+1
+1
Intelligence: 10
+0
+0
Wisdom: 16
+3
+3
Charisma: 11
+0
+0
Skills
Acrobatics +5*
Animal Handling +3
Arcana 0
Athletics +2*
Deception 0
History 0
Insight +3
Intimidation 0
Investigation 0
Medicine +5*
Nature 0
Perception +5*
Performance 0
Persuasion 0
Religion +2*
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +3
Survival +3

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: None
Weapons: Simple weapons, short swords, long swords, long bow, short bow

Attacks
Melee
- Bo Staff: +5 (1d6+3 Bludgeoning or 1d8+3 Bludgeoning if wielded 2H)
- Short Sword: +5 (1d6+3 Piercing)
- Unarmed: +5 (1d4+3 Bludgeoning)

Ranged
- Dart: +5 (20/60, 1d4+3 Piercing)

Equipment
Bo Staff
Short Sword
10 Darts
Dungeoneer's Pack (Backpack, Crowbar, hammer, 10x pitons, Tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50ft hempen rope)
Winter Blanket
Herbalism Kit
Scroll case with notes
Common Clothes

Coins
GP: 5
SP: 1

Features and Traits
Darkvision, 60’
Fey Ancestry (Adv vs charms, can’t be put to sleep)
Trance (instead of sleep)
Mask of the Wild (Attempt to hide in natural light obscuration)
Unarmored Defense
Martial Arts

Personal Characteristics
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 133 lbs.
Eyes: Silver
Skin: Natural copper color; weathered and tanned
Hair: Black, shaggy

Personality Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster. I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen
Ideal: The stories, legends, and songs of the past must never be forgotten, for they teach us who we are.
Bond: I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a troublemaker and isolated me.
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.

Character Backstory
Thedren was inducted into the Church of the Healing Light at the age of 10, when his parents were injured and lost their business to a fire, and were unable to provide for their children. His other siblings were found apprenticeships with various artisans, but Thedren tested successfully with the Church and was initiated into the mysteries of the faith.

However, Thedren soon ran afoul of the instructors and others whose dogma was not in line with the doctrine they were teaching. Thedren, unable to keep quiet about the discrepancies, instead found himself branded a troublemaker and was inches away from being tossed out of the Church.

Instead, by some unknown intervention, he found himself transported to an isolated monastery at the age of 14. There, Thedren found himself in the company of other ‘undesirables’ of the Church; alcoholics, heretics, thieves, and liars. Still, it was a place where one could speak their mind without being punished, and Thedren found others like himself who spoke out against excesses and doctrinal abuses. They taught him the true path of the Church, in line with the teachings of the saints.

Twenty years Thedren spent at that monastery, learning about the Church and warring with his rage against those who had sent him there. He honed his body and his skills, learning the arts martial from those who would teach him. About a year ago, he felt he had a vision, from a force unrecognizable, telling him to go forth into the world and seek out those who would destroy the Church. With the (admittedly drunken) blessing of the Monastery’s master, Thedren set forth to find the enemies of his faith.

Thedren is often at odds with himself. On one hand, he has the teachings and true doctrine of the Church, as he learned them in exile. On the other hand, he has a quick and sharp tongue that does not often hesitate to point out hypocrisy and failings in people’s faith. He is still learning to control himself, and to not be so critical of others. His vision has confirmed his faith in the saints, and he often meditates on their messages and actions.

monk.jpg[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemaer, Human Rogue Level 1

[SBLOCK]
Name: Nemaer
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue
Level: 1

Str: 10
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 15
Wis: 8
Chr: 13

Armor Class: 15 (Leather Armor, Dual Wielder)
Hitpoints: 9

Background: Criminal
Personality: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
Bond: I will become the greatest thief that ever lived.
An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Skills: Acrobatics +5, Athletics +2, Deception +3, Investigation +4, Perception +1, Persuasion +3, Stealth * +7, Thieves’ Tools* +7, Disguise Kit +3
Languages: Common, Orc, Thieves’ Cant

Feats: Dual Wielder

Weapons: Rapier - +5 to hit, 1d8+3 Piercing Damage; Short Sword (Off-hand) - +5 to hit, 1d6 piercing; Shortbow - +5 to hit, 1d6+3 piercing, Range 80/320, Ammo 20; Dagger - +5 to hit, 1d4+3 piercing.

Equipment: Rapier, Short Sword, Shortbow, quiver 20 arrows, burglar’s pack, Leather Armor, two daggers, thieves’ tools, crowbar, dark common clothes with hood, belt pouch with 5 gp

Nemaer was born in a large city, the bastard offspring of a prostitute. Always quick and intelligent, he grew to be an asset to the madame of the brothel he grew up in, often stealing valuable trinkets and information.

In his teens, he began working with a street gang that controlled the docks of the city he was from. The gang's leader, Bartus, soon learned that Nemaer was a valuable asset and began teaching him the ways of rogues and burglars. In one of his more elaborate schemes, he framed a local jeweler for a crime he didn't commit so that Nemaer and his crew could rob the jeweler's business.

Now, as an adult, Nemaer wishes to make a name for himself. His skill with stealth and his quick wit makes him invaluable to the mercenary crews or gangs that he teams up with.[/SBLOCK]

Skarsgard

Explorer
Herger Sigismundson, Human, Cleric Level 1

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Name: Herger Sigismundson
Class: Cleric 1
Background: Acolyte
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Orc

HP: 10
Hit dice: 1d8+2
Passive Perception: 15
Passive investigation: 12
AC: 15 (studded leather)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30'

Saving Throws:
Str -1
Dex 3
Con 2
Int 0
* Wis +5
* Cha 1

Base Stats
Strength: 8 (-1) Dexterity: 16 (3) Constitution: 14 (+2) Intelligence: 10 (0) Wisdom: 16 (+3) Charisma: 8 (-1)

Skills
Acrobatics +3
Animal Handling +3
Arcana 0
Athletics -1
Deception -1
*History +2
*Insight +5
Intimidation -1
Investigation +0
*Medicine +5
Nature +3
*Perception +5
Performance -1
Persuasion -1
*Religion +2
Slight of Hand 3
Stealth 3
Survival 3

* = proficiency

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: All armour, shields
Weapons: All simple weapons
Feat: Healer (can use Healers kit to heal 1d6+4 [+1 per HD of creature])
Attacks
Melee: Dagger +5 (1d4+3/Piercing)
Ranged: Light Crossbow +5 (1d8+3/Piercing)

Equipment:
Studded leather
Light Crosbow
60 bolts
2 bolt cases
Explorer's Pack
-Backpack, Blanket, Bedroll, Messkit, Tinderbox, 10 torches, 10d rations, waterskin, 50ft hemp rope
dagger x2
Healers Kits x5
Holy Symbol - Amulet
Prayerbook
5 sticks incense
Vestments
Common Clothers
Soap x5
Whetstone
Sacks x2
Belt Pouch

Coins: 9 sp

Features and Traits

Spellcasting
Spellcasting Class: Cleric
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5
Background Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

Spell Slots:
1: 2

Cantrips
Light
Mending
Guidance

1st-Level Spells - prepared
#Bless
#Detect Magic
#Healing Word
#Protection From Evil

Background Info
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Tanned, Face tattooed
Hair: Blond

Personality Traits: I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the worship of other gods.
Ideals: I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bonds: I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
Flaws: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.

Character Backstory:

Herger Sigismundson was only 5 when his tribe was wiped out by an Orc warband. He survived by throwing himself into the freezing river near the village and was swept several miles downstream. Freezing and on the point of death, the small boy way found by a convoy of priests on their way to Threshold to serve at the church there. The priests of the Healing Light tended to him over the next week while he battled fevers and his own tortured memories of the loss of his family. One priest in particular, Brother Ethelstaan, took the boy under his care.

Several years passed and the boy, now almost a man, entered the service of the Healing Light and studied as an acolyte before taking his vows and becoming a priest. A devout man, he always seeks to aid those who need his help, especially those who share his faith. But some of the barbarian child survived and his heart thirsted for adventure, no quiet cloistered life for him, on the field of battle there would be many who would need his aid.

Herger is very clinical in his approach to medical care, those that can be helped will be given the best care he can provide. Those who are too far gone, or enemies, will find the quick release of his blade. For sometimes, to heal a patient one must take a limb or even a life to save the whole. Like most of his profession he believe that cleanliness is a good precurssor to health in general and despite his savage, tattooed appearance, he always tries to maintain a certain standard of cleanliness.

[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Calloh, Elf Bard.jpg
[sblock]
Name: Laron of the Coast
Sex: Male
Race: Half Elf
Class/Level: Sorcerer/1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Human, Elf)
Init: +3
Senses: Darkvision (60 ft.)
Passive Perception: 13

DEFENSE
AC: 16 (+3 draconic resilience, +3 dex)
HP: 9 (1d6 +2 con, +1 draconic resilience)
Saves: Constitution & Charisma
Special Defenses: Fey Ancestry: advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +5 Attack, 1d4+3 Piercing
Special Attacks: Spells (level):known/slots - (0):4, (1):2/2

(0) minor illusion SM (A bit of fleece) up to 1 min duration, 30 ft range
(0) mage hand VS, 1 min duration, 30 ft range, spectral hand appears, use action to control it, 10 lb limit, can move the hand 30 ft when using it.
(0) fire bolt VS 120 ft range 1d10 fire damage
(0) shocking grasp VS touch 1d8 electricity, advantage if metal armor, no reactions till start of next turn

(1)shield VS 1 reaction when hit, 1 round duration, +5 to AC
(1)sleep VSM (a pinch of fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), 90 ft range, 1 min duration 5d8 hp of creatures within 20ft radius

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)
Base array 15-14-13-12-10-8 +2 half elf to charisma, +1 half elf to constitution and dexterity

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 2 half elf (perception, stealth), 2 Sorcerer (deception, persuasion), 2 background (acrobatics, performance)
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+3 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
+5 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+5 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+3 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+5 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival

RACE FEATURES
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep
Skill Versatility: proficient in two skills of your choice
Languages: Common, Elven, Orc (half-elf), Draconic (sorcerer)

BACKGROUND FEATURES Entertainer
Feature: By popular demand as entertainer
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Performance
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, 1 musical instrument (mandolin)

Traits: Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip
Ideal: Art should reflect the soul; it should come from within and reveal who we really are.
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I’m a sucker for a pretty face

CLASS FEATURES
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +5.
- Draconic Ancestry: You can speak, read, and write Draconic. Whenever you make a Charisma check when interacting with dragons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.
- Draconic Resilience: +1 HP per sorcerer level

Proficiencies Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

Gear:
Dagger
Arcane focus (Wand)
A dungeoneer's pack: backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it
Two daggers

Also, as backup:
A bit of fleece (minor illusion), a pinch of sand, kept in belt pouch

A musical instrument (mandolin),
the favor of an admirer (love letter, lock o f hair, or trinket),
a costume
a belt pouch containing gp

1x Ball bearings (bag o f 1,000) 1 gp 2 lb.
3x candles 3cp
3x sheets of parchment 3sp
1x soap 2cp
spare tinderbox 5 sp 1 lb.

3x pieces of chalk
2x piece of coal

Money: 13.45 gp

Physical Appearance:
Laron is a thin half elf, 5 feet tall, and weighs 140 pounds. He has pale skin, gold eyes and dark brown hair.

Backstory:
Laron never knew his father, and his elven mother died when his sorcerous powers started manifesting as a toddler. He later learned that he was responsible for her death, shock-grasping her during a toddler's tantrum. His elven family forsook him, and left him to be raised by a human monastery. He has not yet gotten over the guilt of his mother's death and has never had the courage to meet his elven kin.

He left the monastery quite young, preferring the compamy of bards and minstrels, with abilities closer to his. He recently heard that the secrets and riches of the Caverns of Quasqueton could be up for grabs. This is an opportunity too good to pass.
[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ragnar Rockheart, dwarf barbarian 1

[sblock=Stats]Name: Ragnar Rockheart
Sex: Male
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class/Level: Barbarian 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Speed: 25 ft.
Init: +2
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft.
Languages: Common, Dwarvish
Passive Perception: 11

DEFENSE
AC: 15
HP: 15
Saves: Str, Con
Special: Dwarven Resilience

OFFENSE
Melee: Maul +5; 2d6+3 Bludgeoning
Melee: Handaxe +5; 1d6+3 Slashing
Ranged: Handaxe +5; 1d6+3 Slashing; range 20/60
Ranged: Javelin +5; 1d6+3 Piercing; range 30/120
Special: Rage damage +2

STATISTICS
Str 17 (+3), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 16 (+3), Int 8 (-1), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 12 (+1)

[sblock=Racial features]RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Dwarven Resilience: Ragnar has advantage on saving throws against poison, and he has resistance against poison damage.
Stonecunning: Whenever Ragnar makes an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, he is considered proficient in the History skill and adds double his proficiency bonus to the check, instead of his normal proficiency bonus.
Proficiencies: Smith’s tools[/sblock][sblock=Background features]
BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Background: Soldier (infantry, battlerager)
Military rank: Ragnar has a military rank from his career as a soldier. Soldiers loyal to his former military organization still recognize his authority and influence, and they defer to him if they are of a lower rank. Ragnar can invoke his rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. He can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where his rank is recognized.
Proficiencies: Gaming set (cards), vehicles (land)[/sblock][sblock=Class features]
CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Unarmored Defense: Add constitution modifier to armor class when unarmored.
Rage: 2/long rest. Advantage on strength checks, advantage on strength saving throws. Melee damage +2. Resistance on bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage.[/sblock]

SKILLS (Proficient in bold)
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
-1 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics
+1 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
-1 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
-1 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+1 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival
[/sblock][sblock=Gear]
COMBAT GEAR
Maul
Handaxe x2
Javelin x4

OTHER GEAR
Common clothes
Insignia of rank (on kilt)
Trophy from fallen enemy (goblin jawbone)
Deck of cards
Belt pouch
Explorer’s pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, torch x10, rations x10, waterskin, hempen rope 50 feet)

MONEY
10 gp
[/sblock][sblock=Appearance, personality and background]
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
A large, muscular dwarf with a bald head and a big black beard with silver skull-shaped beads woven into it, Ragnar is an impressive sight. His arms, chest and part of his head are covered in blueish tattoos, at least where his skin is not marred by the many scars of battle. A near-maniacal grin is usually seen on his face, revealing a few missing teeth.
Dressed only in boots and a red-and-blue kilt, Ragnar carries a huge two-handed maul, carved with runes and images of goblin heads being crushed. When in the company of others, Ragnar often wears a fur-lined cloak; not out of any modesty, but at the insistence of his dwarven kin, who did not wish to look upon a half-naked warrior outside combat.

PERSONALITY
Traits: I face problems head-on (sometimes literally); a simple, direct solution is often the best path to success. Also, I have a crude sense of humor and I love fighting.
Ideal: To fight without fear and to die in battle defending the good in this world.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I am rude and do not see the value of diplomacy and tact.

BACKGROUND
Ragnar was part of the elite dwarven battlerager squad The Bloody Badgers – a glorious but often short career, as far as dwarf armies go. Recently Ragnar was the only survivor of his squad, after a particularly gruesome battle with goblins, and decided to leave his clan for a while to get a taste of life outside the tunnels. That is how he came to hear rumors about the Caverns of Quasqueton and its supposed riches. If only he could gather some likeminded adventurers to investigate...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads