Emerald's PbP game

Emerald

First Post
Okay, on to the meeting

A little past noon the caravan arrives. Richard is among the passangers. He gets off the wagon and heads into the merchants office.

Kaltide casts invisibility on Reinert, and Reinert slips in behind Richard.

You enter a rather small room, that appears to be the waiting room. There is one door leading out of the room (besides the one you entered from). The halfling you saw enter this morning is sitting there. In addition there are a couple of chairs.

Richard does not say a word, just hands his note to the halfling. He mearly notes the seal on the letter and motions Richard to follow him.

The door leads into a hallway that has three doors. One to the right, one to the left, and one straight ahead. The halfling lead Richard to the door at the end. Richard is shown in. (I am assuming you will simply keep following him until he leaves, let me know if there is something you would have done along the way).

There is an elf sitting behind a desk. The room has several large plush couches.

Would you like a drink? He motions Richard to take a seat on one of the couches.

Richard sits. Thank you. He accepts a glass of unknown liquid.

Erantur reads the letter and smiles. So you are a friend of Councilman Tervana. He is a very good friend of mine, and I am alway greatful when he sends me new converts.

Well, I am not that new.

That is for the High Priest of our new temple, Mordiggian, to determine.

New Temple?

Yes, Councilman Tervana would like me to send you to our new temple several miles to the east of Serwil for more instruction and if Mordiggian and his warchief, Abraxes, are satisfied you will be given a permanent postion in our order, and responsibilites to match.

I would be honored.

The temple is located in an ancient burial ground to the east. The burial ground is rumored to be haunted so the locals stay away. And now, thanks to us, it is indeed haunted. He gives detailed directions so that it will be easy for Richard (and Reinert) to find.

I hope to work with you in the future.

Thank you.

With that Richard leaves the building and heads to the tavern.

(If you would have done something during that let me know, otherwise lets pick up from Richard having just entered the tavern and Reinert returning to his party and relaying what he has just discovered.)

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Reinert does nothing but watch & listen in the building. He quietly slips out with Richard and heads back to the group. After listening in quietly to the group gossip about him, he tells them everything he heard & saw inside.

Capellan

Explorer
"How about we ambush Richard on his way to the temple, and kill him?" Cattivo suggestes, languidly, "After all, we know exactly the route he is going to take. Then one of us could impersonate him and take a look inside this temple. I think having an idea of what things were like inside would be vital to any attempt at an attack."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Ambush and kill Richard. Yes. Investigate the temple. No, I'm not too keen on that. Mordiggian and Abraxus could probably kick our assus. At this point, we have an advantage in that we know who they are, but they don't know who we are. After Richard, I'd say we go after this so-called merchant guild. In any case, I think we all agree, Richard first. Let's go set an ambush. We'll want to try to surround him and hit him with overwhelming force right up front. Kaltide can turn two of us invisible. I can do extra damage with a sneak attack. Let's get moving."

OOC: I'd just like to say I'm enjoying this plotline, Emerald. You're giving us lots of decisions to make. I like it!

Emerald

First Post
Okay, an ambush it is. From the description of from Erantur, the road leads east though the marsh. There are large trees and lots of underbrush for several miles. Then it open up on to a rolling grass land. At that point you turn south and follow the tree line for another hour or so and you will see a ring of sixteen ancient burial mounds. The entrance to the temple is in one of the burial mounds. Richard was also told there would be four to five Orc gaurds, and was given a password in Orchish to get him past them.

Where on the route would you like to set the ambush?

(OODM: Thank you, I was not planning on running a game with so much political intrige (sp) but I guess thats what you get when the DM has a Degree in Political Science.)

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"I think we should go ahead & head out. We can't go back into town anyway, since Richard might spot us."

OOC: Is there a obvious trail he might follow through the large trees and thick undergrowth? Or would we all be trail-blazing?

Reinert says "Large trees and lush underbrush would make for good ambushing, don't you think Helfy? But for Kaltide to cast his invisibility, we'd need to be able to see him coming, and we couldn't see him coming very far in this terrain. I'd like to sneak attack him with my bow, since I could get two attacks that way."

Krug

Newshound
"Oh goody," says Jarrad. "I'd like to get a shot off with my bow, and then use my sword, but I won't charge in.. any narrow area one can use?"

Capellan

Explorer
"I think that once you've fired your bow once, it would be a good idea for you to close in. Reinert too. If you can keep him distracted, the dwarf can hurt him badly ... he's a dirty little sneak in a fight." Cattivo thinks out loud, "I'll try to hit him with my dazing cantrip. I don't know if it will work - he's likely to be pretty resistant - but it might stop him casting and keep him off balance. Kaltide, you just try not to knock out anyone on our own team this time, if you can?"

MerakSpielman

First Post
"I still have an invisibility left, but I don't know how handy that will be... I think I'll try to disable him with my Animate Rope spell. I suggest that you take advantage of any immobility on his part to damage him...

"Let's go and find a good ambush spot before he gets too far ahead of us."

Last edited:

Remove ads