Emerald's PbP game

MerakSpielman

First Post
Krug said:
"Why thank you Kaltide... won't happen to have any alcohol in it, would there?" says Jarrad as he's handed the potion.
Looking around surreptitiously, he whispers to Jarrad, "Of course! That's how you make a potion of cold resistance. What, did you think it was magical or something?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid: "Well, since I'm protected by my god, any other manner of protection is simply another charm or token. Let's get on with this."

Emerald

First Post
Allright, with your new horses you will be able to get ahead of the caravan and reach Serwil before them.

You are traveling south along a slightly overgrown but easily traversed road. With the speed of your horses you managed to make the trip in one day, whereas the caravan will not reach Serwil until noontime tomorrow. The sun is setting in the autumn sky and a chilling breeze is picking up. The sky is growing dark quickly and the night is sure to be cold. Ahead, you can see the inviting glow of warm fires in the windows of small cottages on the edge of a swamp. After being on the road all day, the idea of a warm meal and a good nights rest in a comfortable bed is quite appealling. There is one inn/tavern, the Squatting Toad.

What is your order of buisness?

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"The squatting toad! That sounds like my kind of tavern. I suspect that's our only option other than camping out. It would be hard to find a private residence willing to take in all 5 of us. We can ask around & try to locate his elven contact before Richard gets here."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Cid, are you able to take a 'detect evil' spell for tomorrow. I'd just like to know if this crazy elf Richard is meeting is evil before I spill his guts."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"That depends. Do you think it more proper that I prepare for an interrogation, a battle, or simply my regular preparations. Each set of prayers in the morning denotes a very particular set of spells granted from my gods, and the Church Inquisitor and Standard prayer sets do happen to allow me access to that spell..."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Cid, we're really glad you're a member of this team, and thanks for all the healing you've given me, but honestly, Jarrad, Kaltide & I do the combat in this group. I think your interrogation spell set would be best for tomorrow, but do let me see you battle set someday."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well then, so be it. Just remember to offer your own prayers to Ra-Pelor in the morning, honestly, or else you just might not gain any of his protection or aid in your efforts..."

Emerald

First Post
Reinert: You ask around and find out Erantur is a well respected merchant who manages trade between the southern towns and Fy. No one says anything but nice things about the man, and can direct you to his offices, at the fork of the main road into town, where it branches off into the southern reaches. The offices are closed for the night, a sign says they will reopen tomorrow at 8am. You are warned that he is a busy man, and no one gets into to see him without an appointment.

Remove ads