Emerald's PbP game

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"With only a few hours lead, I think we need to take the caravan. There's no guarentee we could beat him to Serwil, and unlikely we'd be able to locate the elf and deal with him before Richard arrives. I actually like your idea, Kaltide, of hitting him with a surprise messenger. Can anyone disguise themselves? Any spells for that?"

"You're right though. The other caravan members would see us and if we kill or kidnap Richard we'd probably be reported. We are somewhat distinctive. I don't want to be an outlaw. We've got no real meat on this guy."

"while we're talking about it, Kaltide, do you have a spell to detect invisible? You know the first thing he'll do if confronted by the group of us is turn invisible & flee. Upon reconsideration, I reckon we should take a different path to Servil and take it from there."

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kaltide agrees, "Yes, let's get going to Serwil. If he's traveling with a caravan, we should be able to go faster then him. We'll have to leave the wagon behind, though the thought bothers me. Let's sell it and the lesser-used gear and buy us some more horses. Tally ho!"

Capellan

Explorer
"We could always try to get in front of him and plant a story about a wizard being buried somewhere near the road. He's likely to look into that, to see if he can get the spellbook." Cattivo offers, "But going straight to Serwil is a much better plan than openly attacking the caravan."

MerakSpielman

First Post
Nods to Cattivo, "Ok, we'll plant rumors if the opportunity presents itself. Perhaps there are some inns along the way with room for a caravan."

Kaltide sells his wagon and mundane equipment. I'll figure out the values and see if I have enough for more horses.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Horses, yuck. I hate those godd*mned beasts. Almost as bad as boats. But OK, I am always sacraficing for the benefit of the group, that's the dwarfs life you know...." ad nauseum

MerakSpielman

First Post
Selling:

Wagon
8 flasks of oil
150' hemp rope
tent
shovel
iron pot
4 gallons of ale
4 waterskins
2 chests
20 torches
5 sheets parchment
ink and pen
50 days of rations (smoked fish), 1 hunk of cheese, 1 hunk of meat
2 Potions of Endure Elements (cold)
2 Potions of Endure Elements (fire)

For a approximate total of 280gp. Please don't double check my math; I don't know if my ego could take the bruising.

-------------------------

"Light horses cost 75gp, and I already have 2. We have myself, Cid, Reinert, Cattivo, and Jarred. So we need 3 more, costing 225gp, leaving me with 55gp. Lets sell that gem we found way back when, giving each of us 100gp in cash.

"So we each have a horse now, and some money to help us on the way.

(OOC: Kaltide, having appropriately studied the spell Ray of Enfeeblement, can no longer afford to actually scribe it. It will have to wait.)

"Also, it's only fair to divvy these up amongst the rest of the party."

Kaltide hands out some potions:
Reinert -> Resist Elements (fire)
Jarred -> Resist Elements (cold)
Cattivo -> Resist Elements (fire)
Cid -> doesn't get a potion 'cause he can cast those spells himself if he wants.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"You're really quite a guy, Kaltide, selling everything you own for us, your buddies you haven't even known for very long, and not always very good buddies. I say 'Here's the Kaltide'" Reinert raises the potion Kaltide had just handed him, and turns it bottoms up over his mouth (the cap still on). "Oh well. Not this stuff, I suppose. Later - With Richard's money!"

Reinert is afraid of horses, but will try not to show it on the ride.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kaltide looks touched, almost affectionate, as if he were about to say, "Awww... that's so nice of you..." then regains his composure and instead says gruffly, "What do you mean? That's still my horse I'm letting you ride. And the potions... well, if you all die, you're not much good to me, are you?" He turns away, trying to hide his smile.

Krug

Newshound
"Why thank you Kaltide... won't happen to have any alcohol in it, would there?" says Jarrad as he's handed the potion.

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo accwepts the potion with a curt nod. It looks like he's in one of ihs moods, again, and may sulk for the next few days.

OOC: I'm going out of town for a few days. Carry on without me, and just assume Cattivo is a brooding, caustic presence at the back of the group :)

Last edited:

Remove ads