Emerald's PbP game

Emerald

First Post
So you are all adrift in the sea, there are sails and ors, but you have no idea which way to go. After almost an entire day of sailing, you see a man in a boat. He casts a spell on the water, fish rise to the surface and he proceeds to scoop the fish into his boat.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
The man grunts with effort has he pulls the heavily-laden net into the boat. Some of the fish have started twitching, but most are still quiescent. He turns and sees you. He starts with surprise.

"Er, fancy running into all those sleeping fish, eh? What a stroke of luck for a poor fisherman! If only I knew some magic so I could do that whenever I wanted. I mean, I don't know any magic. I just wanted to make that perfectly clear. You see before you nothing but an ordinary fisherman with no magical ability whatsoever. Oh, and his, er, my name is Kaltide Kalamari."

He notices a bit more about you and the boat.

"Say, that's a nice boat. Lots of treasure, too. Is that chap dead? He's got a bolt sticking out of him! Are you pirates?"

He raises his arms as if to cast a spell, "Er, no, I don't know how to do that, remember?" but then lifts a spear from the bottom of the boat and strikes a defensive stance. "Bring it on, filthy plunderers of the sea! You'll not take me without a fair, er, well, without a fight anyway. At least a little one, to establish my resistance. I don't like dying. But I'll fight for a bit. Bring it on!"

Krug

Newshound
"Well look what the tide brought in," says Jarrad. "It seems we have yet another madman for our journey."

"Yes, the chap is dead. People with bolts sticking out of their back tend to have that habit. We're not pirates; just plain folk trying to find a way home. And we're plain tired of fighting. So tell us why you're here. Lost sight of your fishing village?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"So what if I'm crazy?"

"Oh, you sir, how goes it? Lovely sun out today? Happen to have any water on you, this salt-water is dread aweful! And a fire perhaps, maybe we can have something to eat. Fish would be wonderful right now, but where exactly would we get them?"

"And they call me crazy? Phaw..."

Capellan

Explorer
"Cid, you have a spell that lets you create fresh water. Do I have to explain that to you every day?" I turn away from the crazed priest ... to the crazed fisherman, "You! Where are we? Where is the nearest harbour?"

OOC: do you want us to post revised characters here, or elsewhere? On the treasure front, there is nothing terribly useful to Cattivo, except the cash. He's in favour of selling as much of it as possible :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Spells, what are you talking about? Are you crazy? You know, your the one that we should throw into the crazy fishermans boat."

"Hey, perfectly normal non-spellcasting fisherman, wheres the nearest shoreline? We've been stuck out here for a long time with all these worthless items, and we need to land so we can bury them all and mark it with a big X, since we are pirates afterall..."

Krug

Newshound
"Cid, I thought your God gave you some divine knowledge in operating a boat. Too bad he forgot to give us a map.", says Jarrad.

"And if you don't ask your blooming Dei-ty to point us somewhere guess what else we'll be burying on that X," continues Jarrad rather threateningly.

(PS: Where do we post our character sheets? Could you send me my old char sheet as well? Seem to lost it in a hard drive crash...)

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
"I'm not crazy. Honest! I just pretend, to fool the local... I mean, just for the heck of it.

"The nearest town is about 2 hours sailing thataway"
He indicates a direction vaguely, "It's really not much of a place. Those of us that live there call it "home," but on the maps it's called Trisha's Docks."

Listens to coversation between Cid and Cattivo.

"So you don't cast spells either, eh? That makes two of us then. Be wary, you can't trust the others." Kaltide looks suspiciously about.

"Beer? No. I have some water though, since nobody here can summon it out of thin air," He gives Cid a sly wink, "here!" He tosses a waterskin over to your craft.

"Don't hate fish, short and grumbly one! Fish are the best! I catch 'em, smoke 'em, and sell 'em. Day after day. Nothing else to do. Nothing new ever happening."

He pauses, deep in thought, for a moment.

"You know, you're right. Fish are terribly boring. Somewhere, though, there are bigger fish. Someday, I will travel the world and see them all.

"I have enough fish for the day. If you like, you can follow me to the Docks."

Kaltide starts messing with his sails. Though not as competant as some you've seen, he does seem to know what he's doing.

Emerald

First Post
Cattivo, Jarrad, Cid, and Reinert: You do not recognize the name of the Town and have no idea where you are in relation to where you were when you were captured.

Remove ads