Emerald's PbP game

Emerald

First Post
The two boats sail southwest for approx. two hours. As you get closer you see a small fishing village with docks out to sea. It is twilight and there is smoke rising from the houses as people prepare for the night. There are several other boats docking and unloading fish at the docks after a days fishing. You all dock at an empty dock and unload from your vessels.

Kaltide: You see a nicely dressed merchant walking up the dock toward you. You recognize him as Albert Callzone, the owner of the local fish smokery.

MerakSpielman

First Post
"Ho! Albert Callzone! 'Tis I, Kaltide Kalamari! I have found these noble adventuring pirates on the high seas! Are any of the merchants currently rich enough to do dealings with such a large pile of treasure? How's the wife?"

Emerald

First Post
Albert Callzone wrings his hand as he walks up the docks to the party. Upon hearing his good friend, Kaltide's, comments he looks relieved.

Adventures you say. Welcome, Welcome to Trisha's docks. You are just the sort of fellas I was hoping to find.

Kaltide, your last shipment of smoked fish left yesterday for Evernest with the caravan. Shepa, the cobblers teenage son, was traveling with the caravan to visit his Aunt. He returned this morning with the news that two creatures attacked the caravan yesterday evening, killing everyone, except him. He is an exceptional runner you know. Until the road is cleared of this danger, I will not be sending any more caravans out of Trisha's Docks.

He turns to Cattivo I beseech you to help us, besides there is only the one road out of town and it is now unsafe

He looks Jared up and down Surely a stong and powerful fellow such as yourself can make our roads safe for travel once more.

He peers down at Reinert Please partake of our hospitality. The local tavern, The Slippery Fish, is just down that street He motions down a nearby street. But consider my offer, I can provide a reward for the safe passage of my caravans once more.

He then turns to Cid You inquire into our church? Why we have a nice modest temple to Farlanghn for all wery travelers to vist. It is near the village square.

He addresses the entire party.

Please our town does not boast of a garrison or fighters guild. We are mearly a fishing village and port for merchant caravans traveling to far distant lands. Please rest for the night at the local inn and tavern and consider helping us. Kaltide, until this matter is resolved Callzone Smokery will be unable to purchase your fish.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"We might be able to do business, Albert. We do need to get out of town. Can you tell us the names of nearby towns? What nation does Trisha's Dock belong to?

We also have acquired some valuable items we might be interested in converting to cash. Is there someone around who might be interested in purchasing such items? Is there a merchant who sells arms, armor & adventuring equipment?

OOC: Is this campaign set in an established world? (i.e. Greyhawk, FR?...) Have we gone up our level yet, or do we need to train?

Remove ads