Emerald's PbP game

Capellan

Explorer
"Food and a decent bed first. And I need to buy new clothes. Tomorrow we can talk about what you'll pay us to fix your problems for you."

OOC: do you want updated character sheets posted here?

Krug

Newshound
"Of course I'll help... but perhaps a little incentive would be good," says Jarrad, doing his best to smile.

Callzone... that's a bit of an odd name. Why does it make me think of discounts? muses Jarrad.

MerakSpielman

First Post
"What? The caravan - attacked??? My fish were on it? The fish I caught by the sweat of my own personal physical labor? Is there no justice in this world? Does fate feel no compassion for a poor, mundane fisherman like myself? Have I not suffered enough in my short life?

"But fear not, gentle Calzone! These fearless adventurers have obviously arrived as some sort of divine SIGN, and must be the answer to our problem! They will prevail where nobody has yet failed! Though the blood from their previous victorys has not yet fully dried, they are surely ready to leap into the fray once more!

"Though I am but a lowly, powerless fisherman, I feel that I should accompany them. I know the region marginally less poorly than do they, so I will function as a guide of sorts. Ah, woe! If only I had some skills applicable to adventuring, I would be leaping at this chance to escape this slimy hellhole even more eagerly than I already am!"

Emerald

First Post
OOC: do you want updated character sheets posted here?

You can post them here or email them to me which ever you prefer.

Is this campaign set in an established world? (i.e. Greyhawk, FR?...) Have we gone up our level yet, or do we need to train?

This is not set in any established world. It is set in a homebrew I am constructing to fit the mods I am using. You were all from the nation of Lanlera, and you have no knowledge of where you are in relation to there.

You have leveled, I am not going to impement training in my campaign.

Emerald

First Post
Of course, of course I would not expect you to decided with out a good dinner and a nights sleep. I will arrange it with the Inn Keeper to allow you a free meal and a free night stay. There is a great merchant in town that deals in just the types of supplies you are looking to sell. You might even find something there you would like to buy.

Thank you so much Kaltide, I trust you will be able to pursuade these brave souls to take up this cause. I will come to the Inn tomorrow morning to discuss it.

With that he lead you all to The Slippery Fish.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I'm really going to enjoy playing with Merak...)

"Alright, but may we wait till morning before we leave? I have some preperations that do not involve communing with a god to make, and will be busy. Whatever supplies you select I will make due with."

Spell Prep
0th - Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light (x2)
1st - Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, Command, D-Inflict Light Wounds

Cid's prayers to his grandeous god take place with no secrecy, despite what it seems he says. He prepares himself to save lives, and also recovers his positive energy. He waits to be told that everyone is ready, and entrusts his preparations to his god and fortune.

"Let us move forward, and see what the problem is. Mayhaps the problem can be solved without any bloodshed, although I entrust it that you all are going to gather as much information about the situation as possible first. If we do need to shed blood of our enemies, we will keep it to only those who will not be reasoned with, correct?"

Capellan

Explorer
"Yes. Absolutely." I lie smoothly, then turn to the others. "Right. Here's my plan: break fast, bath, bed, barter. In that order. The rest of you can do as you please."

I head for the Slippery Fish, confident that it will have nothing suitable for my delicate digestion, and fully prepared to complain bitterly about this fact, at some length.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"This fish diet must be making me weak in the head; I actually agree with the half elf. Geez. I hope they serve a proper breakfast of turnips, mushrooms & beer around here."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert would have spent some time on the boat using his Apraise skill to estimate the value of the treasure. They'll use this when the bargain to sell it.

Remove ads