D&D 4E Who's still playing 4E

MiketheMountain

First Post
Howdy folks! New immigrant from the Wizard's forums as well. Still playing the same campaign we started with the original 4e PHB the year it came out. Supposedly bi-weekly game, we're lucky if we actually get to roll dice once a month. I'm checking out the rules around the Living 4e world right now. I haven't played any pbp in a long time, but I think it would be a great way to get my D&D fix.

My group and I are still playing 4e. I ran a campaign that went from 1st to20-something level, and another DM in our group is ending the first chapter of his 4e game. When my turn to DM comes round again, 4e is being given serious consideration (ironically, the other choices I strongly favor are GURPS 4e and HackMaster 4e*- I guess there's just something right about the 4th iteration of my favorite game systems.)

*yes, I know there was no HackMaster 1st-3rd editions.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I'm still playing (semi) weekly D&D 4e game. I've dabbled in the 5e playtests and it just didn't grab me, it felt like too much of a backstep to 3e for me.

I run 4e a little unusually; completely TotM. It runs fantastic for us. I can run a full on combat usually in 20/30mins.

Our campaign is based in and around Nentir Vale. We've run through the Slaying stone and half of Reavers of Harkenwold with one group of PCs. For something different my group created a B team of adventures to repalce any fallen PCs from the A group. I'm running my own Return to Shadowfell Keep for this group.

Oh here's a copy of the Fallcrest Times(tm); created in the noisy basement by some newfangled clockwork machine of a new resident of Fallcrest, it sells for 1c quarterly.

Attachments

• Fallcrest Times.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 379

To run theater of the mind in 4E is actually not as hard as it sounds. But i find it nevertheless an achievement when people run it smoothly and to their group's satisfaction. It is I think easier for people who haven't been invested so much in the grid before. My current group plays also with TotM. They are beginners and don't have any problem with it - much so I think because they don't care to argue about absolutely exact distances.
But I like to get the dungeon tiles out once in a while and get all game-y.

(Your Fallcrest Times is nice btw - I like this kind of props and gimmicks)

Remove ads