D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Azurewraith

Explorer
[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] Did you have an idea for how to introduce Tamaran based on what we discussed regarding his background and connection to various NPCs before?
I kind of would envision him setting off from dol blathana after being tasked to protect Odvra? Odvara? (dam its early).
Knowing where they where coming from he would head out until he bumped into them, being as he has found them in combat he would wait, watching the witchers do there thing only intervening if odvara was in direct peril or things went FUBAR.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I am confused about what Tamaran is suggesting we do as a next step. Is he going to lead us to Old Nan, or past Old Nan or through dol blathana or something totally different... ?

Someone please help clarify here. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Feel free to delete my double post [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]... this is what I get when I try to post at 3am. Poor spelling and quoting my own posts!! Lol

Azurewraith

Explorer
Feel free to delete my double post [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]... this is what I get when I try to post at 3am. Poor spelling and quoting my own posts!! Lol

Oh we have all been there. Tamaran is suggesting he can find old Nan. As to if he actually can find her or not is anyone's guess the guys just a try hard people pleaser.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6704252]queen[/MENTION]it It's all good. :) Also, it's worth remembering how slow the time scale of PbP seems to move; you've really only been in Lower Posada for one evening. Plenty of clues and leads to follow up on still.

[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] FYI, your animal companion Foris doesn't give you a telepathic bond – I think you're confusing it with find familiar. Foris still has wolf intelligence. So imagine giving a hound a command to "track Suzy, boy!" when the dog has never whiffed Suzy's scent. Doesn't make sense, right? But give that trained hound a whiff of a cloak Suzy wore, and off it goes! Same deal here. If you're sending your wolf out to track for a named individual, you'll need to provide it with something (a scent) to go off of.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
[MENTION=6704252]queen[/MENTION]it It's all good. :) Also, it's worth remembering how slow the time scale of PbP seems to move; you've really only been in Lower Posada for one evening. Plenty of clues and leads to follow up on still.

[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] FYI, your animal companion Foris doesn't give you a telepathic bond – I think you're confusing it with find familiar. Foris still has wolf intelligence. So imagine giving a hound a command to "track Suzy, boy!" when the dog has never whiffed Suzy's scent. Doesn't make sense, right? But give that trained hound a whiff of a cloak Suzy wore, and off it goes! Same deal here. If you're sending your wolf out to track for a named individual, you'll need to provide it with something (a scent) to go off of.
Didn't you offer me to trade 1str for familiar style companion? Ill see if I can find the post

Azurewraith

Explorer
Also! There were some things we did during character creation and after the prologue to better tie your PCs to the overarching adventure "The Mother of Monsters"...

[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] I'd like to propose something for your wolf companion, and you tell me what you think. What if your wolf is a spirit of dubious origins. While it serves faithfully, it very subtly saps your strength in the long-term. Its "dialogue" with you is laced with ominous and enigmatic references to things that may yet come to pass...this could be an actual ability to speak with one another, or just dreams that come when you sleep by one another. How does that sound to you?

Also, if you wish, you may select this option:

Lose -1 Strength, but you know the find familiar spell and can cast it 1/day or as a ritual, allowing you to treat your beast companion as a familiar also (all abilities would stack, so it would still gets its own actions and be able to attack, but you'd also be able to communicate telepathically while it's within 100 feet, see through its eyes as an action while within 100 feet, and deliver "touch" spells through it while within 100 feet).

Finally, would you roll a d6? It's for a the table called "In what manner does the 'hag' seek to maintain her wicked influence?" Secret GM stuff. ;)
Gotcha this the post I was referring to. Sorry for double post at work posting from mobile was easiest way I could think.

Quickleaf

Legend
Gotcha this the post I was referring to. Sorry for double post at work posting from mobile was easiest way I could think.

You're totally right! I'd forgotten about that, and couldn't find mention of it anywhere on your character sheet earlier when I double-checked. We're all good. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases