D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Quickleaf

Legend
It's still the ooc thread guys. Don't get too excited! :)

People seem to be missing the dystopian nature of this world - dunno if you guys have read the books. I would avoid non-human races! Nastiness follows, like Drow in "normal D&D". But then, our adventure isn't heading into human lands...

The region you're in now is very very different from the rest of the world. I did that deliberately so that players wanting to run demi-humans could do so without constant oppressive racism. Later, if/when you explore other regions it definitely will be something that will come up in play. Then again, witchers and sorceresses don't get it much better. ;)

"What's this, then?" the black-haired dwarf murmurs to himself after finally finding a spot out of the icy wind. Under a thin skein of ice lay what looks like some kind of elvish carving. "Can't imagine what one of those skinny gits was doing up here -- freezing their arse off, for sure!" He tugs a handaxe from his pack strap and tries to chop away some of the thicker ice, to see the carving better.

(OOC: First d20 roll of the campaign.... boom! Nature check: 4)

CRACK as the blade swings through the ice, that was much thinner than Barakor thought, and right through several of the elvish markings. "Well bugger me runnin'. OH well..." he grumps before wrapping himself in his furs and trying to get to sleep.

Additionally, your handaxe blow triggered a cave-in that required you climbing out of the debris and finding a new route to reach the surface. Your arrival in Lower Posada is delayed so you are just coming into the village for the first time right now. Additionally, lose 1 random piece of equipment while you were escaping the cave-in.

[roll0] Tamaran slowly edges his way closer to see what is going on...

You witnessed Odvara in a state of undress during her ritual washing in a mountain stream. Odvara didn’t notice you, and you heard her recite the words “obfuscares lilitu” while cutting her thigh and dripping the blood into the river water as if she was seeing something within.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION] Did you have an idea for how to introduce Tamaran based on what we discussed regarding his background and connection to various NPCs before?

Remove ads