The new Bats v Supes trailer looks AWESOME!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This even outranks Star Wars for me in "films I desperately want to see". And I really want to see Star Wars. I love the themes they're exploring with the DC universe.

[video=youtube;0WWzgGyAH6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'm very excited for this movie, and I have been since I heard it was being made. I thought the first trailer was great for what it was (remember that it was a teaser trailer and not a full trailer), and I think this one is excellent.

One particular spot of interest to me is how well the Wonder Woman character is handled. Black Widow is cool, but she's really been the only strong, serious, and sexy female hero in the current generation of superhero movies.

The Robin outfit also makes me hopeful that we might actually see some of the bat-family in the DC Cinematic Universe (DCCU).

MechaPilot

Explorer
I love this trailer.

Afleck appears to really nail the role (though nothing is certain without seeing the finished product). Eisenberg's Luthor, while not having the obvious evil businessman motif that I enjoyed from the Superman animated series, seems like a great evil instigator.

I also love the part where Wonder Woman shows up. Wonder Woman is one of the most iconic superheroines and, despite the bondage theme that shows up in her comics, I always looked up to. She hits all of the adjectives that I look for in a superheroine: smart, capable, serious, strong, and sexy.

It was also nice to see the spray-painted Robin suit, hinting that Leto's Joker has killed a Robin, or that perhaps the Red Hood storyline is part of the cinematic universe. I also like it because it shows, even if for a moment, the presence of a bat family (even if it was limited to just Batman and Robin), and I'd love to see a serious Batgirl or Batwoman in the new DC cinematic universe.

I also noticed what looked like a parallel between Batman fighting the Superman soldiers and Batman going after the Mutants in the animated version of the Dark Knight Returns.

There is one thing that sort of got me about the trailer though: I heard someone refer to the actor who plays Thomas Wayne as Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but he looks a lot like Nicholas Cage in that flashback (or maybe that's just me).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is part of the Comic Con panel for those after some more detail.

[video=youtube;pXP-uvc7DZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXP-uvc7DZs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MechaPilot

Explorer
Okay, tell me I'm not crazy.

I see a lot of commentors saying that the "you let your family die" note is from the Joker. But, that would mean the Joker knows who Batman is. Why is everyone assuming the Joker knows who Batman really is?

MechaPilot

Explorer
I think "family" means "Robin," in this context.

Then who sent the letter? And why does it show the recent event of Wayne's building falling?

To me, it makes much more sense for it to be a grief-addled relative of someone who died when the building fell.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Black Widow is cool, but she's really been the only strong, serious, and sexy female hero in the current generation of superhero movies.

She's the only strong, serious, female hero in the current generation of superhero movies.

We'd have more of them, if we men stopped requiring them all be, "sexy".

Remove ads