D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Forged Fury

First Post
Here's the crunch rough draft. Working on the background. Basically, Damien is a Neverwinter Street Urchin. An archdevil (TBD or even some lower-rung unnamed devil) happened upon him while scrying and liked what he saw, making a pact with him. I imagine the devil telepathically communicating with Damien like a disappointed father whenever Damien doesn't act sufficiently evil.

[sblock=Damien Darkspawn]Name: Damien Darkspawn
LE Male Human (Variant) Fiend Warlock 3
Background: Urchin
Hit Points: 27 (3d8+9 Hit Dice)
AC: 15 (Leather Armor + DEX)

ATTRIBUTES
STR 13 (+1)
DEX 19 (+4)
CON 17 (+3)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 15 (+2)
CHA 18 (+4)

PROFICIENCY
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Pact Weapon & Simple Weapons
Tools: Disguise Kit & Thieves Tools
Languages: Common
Saving Throws: Wisdom & Charisma
Skills: Arcana, Deception, Sleight of Hand, & Stealth

FEATS
Actor: +1 CHA/ADV (Deception & Performance) to impersonate/Mimic, requires 1 minute of study

PACT MAGIC
Spell Attack Modifier: +6
Spell Save DC: 14
Spell Slots: X/2/-/-/-/-/-/-/-
Cantrips Known: Eldritch Blast & Mage Hand
Spells Known: Armor of Agathys, Comprehend Languages, Darkness, & Hex

CLASS
Dark One’s Blessing: When you drop a creature, gain (CHA Mod + Warlock Level) Temp HPs
Devil’s Sight (Invocation): See in darkness, both natural and magical, out to 120’
Mask of Many Faces (Invocation): Cast Disguise Self at will, without expending spell slots
Pact of the Blade: Use Action to create magical pact weapon. Can take any form.

EQUIPMENT
- Handaxe (x2)
- Daggers (x2)
- Leather Armor
- Component Pouch
- Dungeoneer’s Pack
- Small Knife
- Map of Neverwinter
- Pet Mouse (Theodore)
- Mom’s Wooden Spoon
- Common Clothes
- Belt Pouch w/10gp[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think this is everything.

[sblock=Tolan]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B]       Tolan
[B]Class:[/B]      Barbarian 3
[B]Race:[/B]       Elf (Wood)
[B]Background:[/B] Hermit
[B]Size:[/B]       Medium (5'5", 128 lb)
[B]Gender:[/B]     Male
[B]Alignment:[/B]  Neutral     

[B]Str:[/B] 18 (+4) save: +6     [B]HP:[/B] 29 (3d12+3)
[B]Dex:[/B] 19 (+4) save:  *     [B]AC:[/B]   15
[B]Con:[/B] 13 (+1) save: +3
[B]Int:[/B] 15 (+2)              [B]Speed:[/B]   35
[B]Wis:[/B] 17 (+3)              [B]Init:[/B]    +4
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 (+2)              [B]Passive Perception:[/B]    15

[B]Skills:[/B]                    [B]Abilities:[/B]
Acrobatics         +4       Darkvision 60'
Animal Handling    +3       Fey Ancestry (advantage vs. charm, immunity to magic sleep)
Arcana             +2       Trance (4hr/night)
*Athletics         +6       Mask of the Wild (attempt to hide, lightly obscured in nature)
Deception          +2
History            +2       Rage [3/long rest] (Rage Damage: +2)
Insight            +3       Unarmored Defense
Intimidation       +2       Reckless Attack
Investigation      +2       Danger Sense
*Medicine          +5       Primal Path: Berserker (Frenzy)
Nature             +2
*Perception        +5       Discovery
Performance        +2
Persuasion         +2
*Religion          +4
Slight of Hand     +4
Stealth            +4
*Survival          +5

[B]Proficiencies:[/B]
Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: Simple, Martial
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan

[B]Weapon                Attack  Damage     Type  Range[/B]
Longsword, 1h          +6     1d8+4        S
Longsword, 2h          +6    1d10+4        S
Dagger                 +6     1d4+4        P
[i]Raging (+2 dmg)[/i]
Javelin, thrown        +6     1d6+4        P   (30/120)

[B]Equipment:[/B]
Longsword
Dagger
Javelin (4)
Scroll Case
Winter Blanket
Common Clothes
Herbalism Kit
Explorer's Pack

[B]Money:[/B] 5 gp

[B]Personality Trait:[/B] I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.
[B]Ideal:[/B] Self-Knowledge. If you know yourself, there’s nothing left to know.
[B]Bond:[/B] I’m still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
[B]Flaw:[/B] I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Tolan grew up watching his mother work at her forge, and that is where he saw a sword for the first time. Starting from seemingly shapeless steel, it was molded into a tool of deadly elegance, and he was fascinated. He kept watching his mother at her work, and when he grew older he would assist her with minor tasks. He understood the first part of the sword's journey, but he was eager to take the next step. He tried his hand at various paths, seeking that which would further his understanding of the sword, but each ultimately felt wrong. His masters all viewed the sword as a means to an end, be it power or protection. But to Tolan the sword was the goal itself.

Seeking his own path to knowledge, Tolan left his home and journeyed deeper into the forest; he crossed plains and sailed oceans. Finally, on top of the mountain, he found his teacher. The man was interminably old, and quite possibly mad. He was too wracked with age to hold a sword in his hand, if indeed he ever had. But he taught Tolan how to block out the world around him, how to focus his mind into a single bright spark. Free of distraction and care, Tolan honed his skills against the wind and stones at the top of the world. He practiced his craft until he could go no further, and the old man bade him go back into the world.

"If the sword is your only answer, then the world becomes your foe. To truly master your path, you must understand your own weaknesses. Go and learn when NOT to draw your blade."

And so Tolan climbed down the mountain and returned to the world, but he has found his path more difficult than he anticipated. The demands that the world places on him have lead him to the life of an adventurer, and all-too-often a blade for hire. The sword remains his way of life, but every time he draws it, he tries to find the other way first. Recently, the rumors of the Feathergale Society have drawn his interest. Rescuing those who may not wish to be rescued sounds like a challenge uniquely unsuited to the sword. And so he contemplates the future, even as his feet carry him to the Dessarin Valley[/sblock]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Damien Darkspawn, BBEG-in-Training

Love that character sheet format, Hafrogman! Stealing it for this game.

[sblock=Damien Darkspawn]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B]       Damien Darkspawn
[B]Class:[/B]      Warlock (Fiend) 3
[B]Race:[/B]       Human (Variant)
[B]Background:[/B] Custom Urchin/Charlatan
[B]Size:[/B]       Medium (5'8", 160 lb)
[B]Gender:[/B]     Male
[B]Alignment:[/B]  Lawful Evil

[B]STR:[/B] 13 (+1)             [B]HP:[/B] 27 (3d8+9)
[B]DEX:[/B] 19 (+4)             [B]AC:[/B] 15 (Leather + DEX)
[B]CON:[/B] 17 (+3)
[B]INT:[/B] 14 (+2)             [B]Speed:[/B]   30
[B]WIS:[/B] 15 (+2) Save: +4    [B]Init:[/B]    +4
[B]CHA:[/B] 18 (+4) Save: +6    [B]Passive Perception:[/B] 12

[B]Skills:[/B]                  [B]Abilities:[/B]
Acrobatics         +4    Dark One's Blessing
Animal Handling    +2    Devil’s Sight (Invocation)
*Arcana            +4    Mask of Many Faces (Invocation)
Athletics          +1    Pact of the Blade
*Deception         +6
History            +2    False Identity
Insight            +2    
Intimidation       +4
Investigation      +2
Medicine           +2
Nature             +2
*Perception        +4
Performance        +4
Persuasion         +4
Religion           +2
*Sleight of Hand   +6
*Stealth           +6
Survival           +2

[B]Proficiencies:[/B]
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Pact Weapon & Simple Weapons
Tools: Disguise Kit & Thieves Tools
Languages: Common & Infernal

[B]Feats[/B]
Actor

[B]Weapon                Attack  Damage     Type  Range[/B]
Pact Weapon (Rapier)   +6     1d8+4        P
Handaxe                +3     1d6+1        S  (20/60)
Dagger                 +6     1d4+4        P  (20/60)
Eldritch Blast         +6     1d10         M  (120)

[B]Equipment:[/B]
Handaxe (2)
Dagger (2)
Leather Armor
Component Pouch
Small Knife
Map of Neverwinter
Pet Rat (Nicodemus)
Mom's Wooden Spoon
Common Clothes
Dungeoneer's Pack

[B]Money:[/B] 10 gp

[B]Personality Trait:[/B] Pending
[B]Ideal:[/B] Pending
[B]Bond:[/B] Pending
[B]Flaw:[/B] Pending
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
"Damien?"

"Damien?" the deep, multi-toned, sinister voice asked again, this time in a somewhat sing-song tome.

Sighing, Damien looked over to the beaten wooden chest sitting against the wall in the room of the inn in which he was staying. As expected, his pet black rat, Nicodemus, was standing atop the chest, eyes glowing green and arms crossed in a surprisingly human, or rather devilish, manner. "Yes, Master?"

"Don't take that tone with me, Damien," the rat said. "I could tear out your soul and use it to clean myself after my morning constitutional."

"Apologies, Master," the young man replied, not particularly fearful. The number of times he had been threatened with no actual punishment was getting to the point that he couldn't count anymore. "So, is there something I can do for you?"

"I just want to make sure you understand what your goal is here in Dessarin Valley. Repeat your orders." The rat seated itself as best it could given its anatomy. Its whiskers twitched back and forth.

Turning away from Nicodemus[/i] and rolling his eyes, Damien replied, "I'm to ingratiate myself to the locals and sign up with a team of do-gooding adventurers. You are aware of some evil in the Valley, but your omniscience is somehow unable to determine what form that evil is taking." The rat hissed at that comment but otherwise waited for the man to continue. "Once I uncover the evil, with the aid of my erstwhile companions, I'm to eliminate it in order to assume the position of overarching evil in the Valley."

"Very evil." Nicodemus replied, using that strange devilish affectation of reversing the meaning of the words good and evil. "You know, it hasn't been that long since I found you desperate and on death's door in Neverwinter, the Nashers only steps away from finding you. You've come quite a ways since your time on the streets."

Damien thought back to his time on the streets of Neverwinter. The time before his parents had been murdered in a food riot. His eyes strayed towards his backpack, inside of which was his only keepsake of his parents, his mother's wooden spoon. He didn't know why he had kept it for so long, it was nothing more than sentimental attachment. "Thank you ever so much for the compliment, Master. Coming from you it means so much."

The rat paused and squinted its green-glowing eyes, not quite sure if Damien was making a joke. Figuring surely the worm before it would never offer such impertinence, it continued, "Now we'll see how well you have learned what I have taught you. Rely on your skills and wit, Damien. The world is your oyster... to tear apart and devour.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads