Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
Hey Dude,

Welcome back! Looks like my email alerts have turned themselves off so I'm glad I checked! Hope everything's cool and the xmas period was good for you and yours.....and happy 2017

Hi Hillsy, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I got dragged back into that bloodsucking, thankless management job that took all my time/energy. I quit that last week though and starting a new job next week that will keep better hours. Shun001 is moving out of state at the end of the month and I don't expect him to continue so I am putting Dark Days in Sion on hiatus until a new plan is made for it.

In the meantime I am getting Dread Marches in Sion started to see how that goes and to get back into the habit of posting again. I'm probably not gonna be as insistant about the posting schedule with that as I thought I was so if you want to join that please feel welcome!

Hillsy7

First Post
Hi Hillsy, sorry I didn't see this earlier. I got dragged back into that bloodsucking, thankless management job that took all my time/energy. I quit that last week though and starting a new job next week that will keep better hours. Shun001 is moving out of state at the end of the month and I don't expect him to continue so I am putting Dark Days in Sion on hiatus until a new plan is made for it.

In the meantime I am getting Dread Marches in Sion started to see how that goes and to get back into the habit of posting again. I'm probably not gonna be as insistant about the posting schedule with that as I thought I was so if you want to join that please feel welcome!

Hey dude,

Glad you're out from under the Work Bootheel of DOOOM...hehe.

Unfortunately I've been sucked into 3 other games now so I don't think I'll have the time to jump in. Sorry. But hey, if things change I'll let you know!

narayan

Explorer
Photobucket Woes

I dunno if anyone else has noticed this nonsense... but all the images I've used for the Sion Obsidian Portal Wiki page (and all the game threads) have been disabled by Photobucket. They say I have to pay $40 a month for the ability to post image links from my collection on forums and websites through third party hosting.

That is a rediculous amount of money for that, if anyone has any suggestions for a swap in image hosting servers, I'm all ears! In the meantime I apologize for the state of the Sion Obsidian Portal Page :-S

I will have to upload everything elsewhere and redo all the image links everywhere... *sigh*

97mg

Explorer
Aletia's notes and questions

Hi Everyone!

Narayan: Let me know if this is of some help in your mission to notate all the posts. I'll try and do Wrenwil at some point too. The link is just a single web page so I could retain the links to the posts.
http://www.dawnindustry.com/Temp/AM.html

That last scene was indeed, awesome! I'll PM you Aletia's view on things and likely actions for the rest of the evening. Some of it will depend on what Jabbar's old team mates intend to do.

Guys: I was thinking that if anyone wanted, (she can cast a 10ft radius invisibility to get us there unknown), then someone strong could come with her and take Jabbar's body back to the Trade Shop for now, until a fitting burial is organised? After that she would return to the Red Sands Inn to write a note for Kayote (I'll PM Narayan about this and its contents). After that she has promised to help Elloral and Aust in a temple visit, so would return to the Trade Shop before dawn... maybe someone there can help heal her back too? I'm assuming Ren's mission to lead the group into the underground in search of intel, has been postponed?

Cheers,
Ivan

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Ivan, I think that idea is good.
And being the risk taker, I’d like the body of the Vul too. Wonder how Narayan thinks of that.

I know it might be a terrible idea. But I think the Noro-Chuth-Were-rat triangle deserves a frame job.

That was rather cinematic indeed. Eagerly awaiting how this will unfold.

As for Ersun it would be foolish to try to find Ren or Rasul in the sewers. He can not even know if they are still there. Previously he did send a message to Thiara about not being able to leave Jabbar's place, hoping she can convey it to Rasul. Even if she could not, if Ren finds him, he can convey what happened well enough without needing Ersun. So he is staying until morning for sure.

Taking Jabbar's body and the blind rhat back (all tied up) is probably for the best. As for what he Plans to do afterwards? He is in a curious situation, being a double-diplomat by now (came from Aridu to Rhasul, and now from Rasul to our little group). He would continue his part in it, talking through the plans and things to be done with Burrai, in hope that the alliance will flurish and he can be a bridge in it to fill the missing links and information (If going against Burrai's command comes up, he calmly and diplomatically explains his reasoning).

He does offer to keep watch until morning (as I remember he did have time to rest before leaving with Thiara, so he is relatively fresh compared to the others), and would write his journal in the meantime (In which he thinks positively of an alliance so far, and muses how useful a small taskforce of warmages or rangers would be at the strike on Noro, although that would probably need official approval, unlike his shady adventure here).

What he has juggle with currently:
- Try to get back to Rasul in the morning, to broker the alliance and fill him in about their plans and such. (Although he somewhat hopes Ren does get around in the morning to pick him up, if he does not, he finds another way to make do.)
- He did offer to go to the Goblin Cup, hoping he can get a hold of Chuth to either take him out or kidnap him. They do seem to have more important tasks at hand at the moment, but if Aletia comes along her illusion and invisibility spells could greatly help a kidnapping.
- There is an arena event next evening, where they plan to assassinate two Black Network people. That also requires exquisite planning. He tells them what he can bring to the table as swordsman, magician, or entertainer, should he be part of the action. [character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=207022 ]
- The evening after that Noro and his wererat friends are planning something bad, and they are planning a strike on them. The amulet they have could be used as bait to set the grounds.

Things will not go as they are planned for sure, but it is always better to start with a plan.
So from the current perspective, his tasks the next day would be:
Find a way back to Ren or Rasul to exchange information and plans. Try to find and hit on Chuth in shady places. Do preparations for the next day. Join them on their assassination in the arena. (unless someone makes other more important plans for him meanwhile)

As there is a break now, I will do the level up from the restart bonus xp, if that is alright.

Hillsy7

First Post
Ugh - apologies...I've been both a bit busy the last week AND my alerts for this thread appear to have been turned off, so I didn't get a kick in the shins from enworld to check in.....

Anyways - Agreed I think Hoovering up all the evidence and dumping it in Jabbar's basement is probably the best idea at the moment. Elloral is probably best put in charge of ceremonial stuff, cos you know, that's like her job.

So as I've got it the current to do list is:

Speak to Rasul about a brief alliance against Noro & the Verminthrax cult
Contact Kayote about information on the Black Network (I think he knew about an old dragon who'd be able to translate the book?????)
Neutralise Chuth
Help Avar kill a few people
Elloral and Aust Temple visit??
Not get killed

I think Burrai and Ersun will probably have to have a chat when we're back at the shop - not least of all about Rasul. Could maybe leave Avar in charge for the moment of extracting what information we can from the captured blinded Rhat about Noro and the cult hideout if we're short on time.

narayan

Explorer
That was rather cinematic indeed. Eagerly awaiting how this will unfold.

As for Ersun it would be foolish to try to find Ren or Rasul in the sewers. He can not even know if they are still there. Previously he did send a message to Thiara about not being able to leave Jabbar's place, hoping she can convey it to Rasul. Even if she could not, if Ren finds him, he can convey what happened well enough without needing Ersun. So he is staying until morning for sure.

Taking Jabbar's body and the blind rhat back (all tied up) is probably for the best. As for what he Plans to do afterwards? He is in a curious situation, being a double-diplomat by now (came from Aridu to Rhasul, and now from Rasul to our little group). He would continue his part in it, talking through the plans and things to be done with Burrai, in hope that the alliance will flurish and he can be a bridge in it to fill the missing links and information (If going against Burrai's command comes up, he calmly and diplomatically explains his reasoning).

He does offer to keep watch until morning (as I remember he did have time to rest before leaving with Thiara, so he is relatively fresh compared to the others), and would write his journal in the meantime (In which he thinks positively of an alliance so far, and muses how useful a small taskforce of warmages or rangers would be at the strike on Noro, although that would probably need official approval, unlike his shady adventure here).

What he has juggle with currently:
- Try to get back to Rasul in the morning, to broker the alliance and fill him in about their plans and such. (Although he somewhat hopes Ren does get around in the morning to pick him up, if he does not, he finds another way to make do.)
- He did offer to go to the Goblin Cup, hoping he can get a hold of Chuth to either take him out or kidnap him. They do seem to have more important tasks at hand at the moment, but if Aletia comes along her illusion and invisibility spells could greatly help a kidnapping.
- There is an arena event next evening, where they plan to assassinate two Black Network people. That also requires exquisite planning. He tells them what he can bring to the table as swordsman, magician, or entertainer, should he be part of the action. [character sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=207022 ]
- The evening after that Noro and his wererat friends are planning something bad, and they are planning a strike on them. The amulet they have could be used as bait to set the grounds.

Things will not go as they are planned for sure, but it is always better to start with a plan.
So from the current perspective, his tasks the next day would be:
Find a way back to Ren or Rasul to exchange information and plans. Try to find and hit on Chuth in shady places. Do preparations for the next day. Join them on their assassination in the arena. (unless someone makes other more important plans for him meanwhile)

As there is a break now, I will do the level up from the restart bonus xp, if that is alright.
Yes go ahead and level up. You may assume you have time to re-learn spells as well.

After a discussion with Hawke I have decided to adjust the usual time to relearn spells for this play-by-post game. I will add the specifics to the House Rules section of the OP page in the next couple days and link that here when it is finished.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads