Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
Star Wars Game?

So I was discussing with Andrew (Shun001) about how little time I'll have to run Sion in the immediate future and he suggested I run something easier in a pre-made setting. He also suggested D20 Star Wars instead of D&D. I took a liking to that idea because there will be new movies coming out that'll be good for inspiration. We threw some game concepts back and forth and we settled on a game set shortly before Episode IV: A New Hope

This is not to say I don't want to keep running Sion, I just need more time to give it my best effort. On average I would spend at least 2 hours on posts for each character in Sion, often more if it involved dialogue and backstory for NPC's. I can't keep up with storytelling for 7 PC's and world-building at the same time when I'm starting a busier job. So for now, switching it up seems like a good idea.

You're all welcome to give the new Star Wars game a shot. I can provide sourcebooks if you need them. It's D20 system so most of the rules are very similar, if not identical, to what we've been using in 3.5e. I'll still be using a few of my house rules, along with the usual rolz.org & myth-weavers.com for rolls and character sheets.

Here is the link for the new game: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...LD-REPUBLIC-Start-Here!&p=6778963#post6778963

narayan

Explorer
Dark Days in Sion is back on!

I sent the following as a PM to all the former players of the game... but some of you have your inbox's full so perhaps you will get the notice this way?

Things are settled in my life again... I tried to get a better job as a smog technician or general mechanic but no one was hiring so I had to go back to selling auto parts. Whats worse, in order to be hired again I had to promise I wouldn't up and quit first chance I got for a better job... which sucks but I only promised another year. It may not pay what I'm worth but I moved to a cheaper, quieter, roomier place that's only a few miles from work which saves me a LOT of time and money not needing to commute anymore. (I can actually ride a bike to work if I want)

I decided not to take any classes in school this semester, because frankly I couldn't afford the books, which also free's up a lot of my time. So I am good to run Sion again. It doesn't have to be exactly the same spot where we left off.... but it could be, assuming everyone was still up for it?

Let me know what your ideas are? I'm also happy to start a new game in a different area of Sion with different PC's if that's preferable?

Hillsy7

First Post
Hey dude - YEah I've settled into a new job now too (started over xmas) so I've finally got my :):):):) together...=0)....so yeah, I'm in.

Burrai SMASH!.....but in a thoughtful, considered way as he has 16 intelligence.....

narayan

Explorer
Dark Days in Sion is back on! Cont.

Hey dude - YEah I've settled into a new job now too (started over xmas) so I've finally got my :):):):) together...=0)....so yeah, I'm in.

Burrai SMASH!.....but in a thoughtful, considered way as he has 16 intelligence.....

Superb! Happy you are still with us Hillsy. :)

Since Burrai and Billanverthorne are still together, I will continue the current scene for those two characters where we left off. (I'll try and post later tonight if possible)

As for Wrenwil, we need to find out if Svexyn and Kryslogious are still in it before I can decide what to do with him? Since the onus is on them to make their intentions known, I will ask you in the meantime how long you want to wait before we move ahead without them or do something else for you 97mg?

97mg

Explorer
As for Wrenwil, we need to find out if Svexyn and Kryslogious are still in it before I can decide what to do with him? Since the onus is on them to make their intentions known, I will ask you in the meantime how long you want to wait before we move ahead without them or do something else for you 97mg?

I'm sure Wrenwil is a patient man and happy to wait a few days :) That said, the idea of writing another character is also enticing... Maybe I'll start cooking something new just in case :) How would you feel if it ends up that I have two characters in play? I'm up for it if you are. Maybe we can tie their plot lines together somehow? Could be fun :)

Remove ads