D&D 5E Legacy of the Crystal Shard Ultimate LOTCS resource

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by SublimeBW:

I gave my party 1 trinket of black ice yesterday (found during the looting of corpses). For the moment I am not having any ill affects, however the longer the person currently holding onto it holds onto it the more they will see each conversation and body movement as a threat to them in some way (even if it isn't) and won't know better.

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by davidgiven:

Calendar of events is a great idea--recently, in a twitter conversation, someone was explaining that creating a sense of urgency is one of the keys to successfully running this season. I am not sure how to do this--I am thinking some kind of 'school planner' looking player handout to give them that middle school sense or urgency--you know, you do not know where your third period classroom is on the first day of school, but you have to be there in 3 minutes! Of course, something a bit more serious would also be nice.

Is anyone doing anything specifically to incorperate the Calendar of Events timeline into the adventure?

My photo revew & actual play video us up on my blog. Also, I have created a FlipBoard to collect stuff about this season--let me know if you would like me to add you as an contributor.

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by sliceoffruit:

So timing is a big deal in this adventure and I want my players to know that. I have been trying to figure out different ways to tell them without telling them and I came up with this idea:

cfVDm8Z.png

X9mQHIM.jpg

I made sure to match the graphic style of the adventure as well.

To  make this work, just load up the photo album below on your tablet and raise it above your head when a day passes. Maybe add a sound effect of a clock being struck?

The visual should trigger that the date is important and the action of you silently switching it should really illustrate the importance of what day it is! 

It just occured to me that I should have made the background get more frost over with each swip! Oh well

Date Gallery Link

Last edited:

Tamás Hoffmann

First Post
Hi!

Thanks for all the materials and ideas here, I used quite a lot of them in running my adventure here in Hungary :) Do you have any idea where I could find a random encounter table? I lost my copy of the DM screen and I don't seem to be able to get it from anywhere on the net.

Thanks!

Remove ads