MiPS Lost Mine Part II

mips42

Adventurer
Eddicus: After inspecting the crystal, It appears to no more than a piece of crystal. It is slightly opaque and tinged with blue. You don't immediately know what kind it is but, if you had to guess, for the right buyer it might be worth 5 silver or so.

mips42

Adventurer
~ Inside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

If you are not like them, why did you try to run? Everything was happening outside, and you were not kept here prisoner. Your actions betray your guilt.”
You had best start talking to tell us useful information or we shall see you swinging from a rope like that one that survived.
You can start with who he is.
The large man looks at you with a wild expression 'Why... Why did we run?! YOU WERE KILLING PEOPLE! RUNNING IS WHAT SANE PEOPLE DO WHEN CRAZY PEOPLE START KILLING!
'If I am guilty of anything, it is cowardice and trying to keep my skin where it is and I'm fine with that. As for him,' he nods at the large redbrand, 'that's Dak. He's one o' them Redbrands.'

The Voices outside are definitely getting closer.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Of course. Mere mook wouldn't know about the leader. I told you too much already. I was to return to Glasstaff, but since he is such trusting person, I was to be brought to him from Sleeping Giant Inn where someone will wait for me. Obviously, it wasn't you. So, who is? Or better yet, can we salvage this and get back to Glasstaff with news about these heroes."

Leonan looks through the door, checks that Brlo is in place and gets out, moving aside quickly.
"He doesn't know anything."
Turning to his captive.
"Please step out and turn your back so I can bind you again. I should have taken someone who actually fought, not local coward hanging out with cool kids."

OOC: :D This guy has no idea about anything, waste of acting talent.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr frowned as the bartender appeared to have a skewed idea of what was going on outside his bar. "Right, the Redbrands typically harass people and get into a fight over it when someone stands up to them."

"So you automatically assume someone will come into your bar to murder you all for absolutely no reason? Unlikely. Cowardice to not join in, I can understand. But slinking out the back instead of locking your door to keep the fight outside is more like a guilty person."

"The real motive is either you were going to warn the Redbrands, or you were afraid that you would be believed to be colluding with these thugs. So, which is it? Are you going to prove you are not loyal to these thugs, or keep lying about your association with them?"

mips42

Adventurer
Right, the Redbrands typically harass people and get into a fight over it when someone stands up to them.
So you automatically assume someone will come into your bar to murder you all for absolutely no reason? Unlikely. Cowardice to not join in, I can understand. But slinking out the back instead of locking your door to keep the fight outside is more like a guilty person.
The real motive is either you were going to warn the Redbrands, or you were afraid that you would be believed to be colluding with these thugs. So, which is it? Are you going to prove you are not loyal to these thugs, or keep lying about your association with them?
'Last time I checked, I live in this hole of a town and you don't.
'I "automatically assume someone will come into your bar to murder you all for absolutely no reason" when daggers and axes start flying. If armed people, and dragon-things, started laying into people with swords and axes and daggers and you had no weapons or armor, would you hole up and wait to die? Hmm... Maybe you would.
Someone needs to try and keep order here. The Townmaster has no guts and wilts at the slightest push. The Rebrands, whatever their faults, have backbone. I supported the Rebrands because they provided order where the quote law unquote did not.
If this new person is better than they are, I'll support him instead. For what it may be worth, I hope he is better and runs the redbrands out.
And you with them.'

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr scoffed in disgust and figured the bartender to pretty much be a Redbrand, “As I thought, all it takes for evil to prevail is good people to stand by and do nothing. We now know where you stand.”

“At least he doesn’t think the Townmaster is corrupt and working with these evil thugs,”
he added for Eddicus.

The dragonborn turned to the patron next. “What about you, weak willed Redbrand sympathizer or just a coward?” he asked accusingly.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Hearing Castagyr's accusatory tone and seeing his actions toward the prisoners, Eddicus deduces that the paladin wants Eddicus to participate in a little bit of "Good Cop/Bad Cop" byplay. Based on that (possibly erroneous) deduction, Eddicus reminds him:
"Now Castagyr, you know Father Domingo always said we should let our enemies have enough room to become our friends without losing face."

OOC: OK, it was really a Robert Heinlein line, but if Eddicus can make up the name of a supposed religious authority out of thin air on the spur of the moment, he's just shady enough to go with it.

mips42

Adventurer

As I thought, all it takes for evil to prevail is good people to stand by and do nothing. We now know where you stand.
At least he doesn’t think the Townmaster is corrupt and working with these evil thugs.
What about you, weak willed Redbrand sympathizer or just a coward?

He looks at you for a moment then replies 'In the end, it doesn't matter, does it? You've made up your mind and once that decision has been made, you stop thinking. Let me guess, you're on some sort of Holy journey, right? And you God has blessed you with their glory, right? I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you his, but, while the Gods might live in a world of absolutes, men live in a world of gradations. As much as we might like it to be otherwise, most people are not purely good or bad, but a combination of those.
'Look at yourself. You and your compatriots come into a strange town and, before finding out what is what, you start throwing axes at people. Does that sound like something a good person would do?
'Never mind. It doesn't matter.'

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr was not happy about the situation. The conflict with the Redbrands might have been inevitable, but the whining patron was correct that the dwarf started the violence by throwing the axe before the Redbrands drew weapons. What might have only been a brawl had resulted in a few deaths and injuries.

He looked askance at Eddicus, “They are not wrong about Vottr, you know. Instead of lecturing me on something that really doesn’t make any sense, perhaps you should consider that the dwarf was a bit out of line and lecture him.”

He turned back to the patron, “I have not really made up my mind about anything, so I don’t think you know what I have decided before I do. What will matter is if you can cooperate and tell us what we want to know.”

“What do either of you know about their leader Glasstaff?”

“What do you know about the man named Thel that they murdered and his missing family?”

mips42

Adventurer
"Of course. Mere mook wouldn't know about the leader. I told you too much already. I was to return to Glasstaff, but since he is such trusting person, I was to be brought to him from Sleeping Giant Inn where someone will wait for me. Obviously, it wasn't you. So, who is? Or better yet, can we salvage this and get back to Glasstaff with news about these heroes."

Leonan looks through the door, checks that Brlo is in place and gets out, moving aside quickly.
"He doesn't know anything."
Turning to his captive.
"Please step out and turn your back so I can bind you again. I should have taken someone who actually fought, not local coward hanging out with cool kids."

OOC: :D This guy has no idea about anything, waste of acting talent.

Suddenly he looks at you with a piercing gaze. 'How do you know that name? I knew you weren't who you said you were but how do you know that name?'

Remove ads