D&D 5E Mario Does D&D

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by Synjin:

iserith wrote:I used the stats for spectators for the kamek, so it's straight out of the MM. I can't say if the maths are correct, however, having never checked it.
Gotcha. Interesting. None of the beholder type give stats for any kind of attack roll against a PC for any of their rays. So are we to assume they are auto-hits against a PC and the PCs simply make a save after you describe the ray's attack against them?

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by iserith:

I think in the fiction, a ray that calls for a Dexterity save might be described as dodged by a PC that makes the save whereas one that calls for a Constitution or Wisdom save strikes them and is resisted if the PC makes the save.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Zardnaar:

I have the Super Mario 3 theme music in my head now. IN other news I have a 1980's NES (PAL) in near mint condition with a copy of SM3 in its box in near mint condition. 

RealAlHazred

Zardnaar wrote:I have the Super Mario 3 theme music in my head now. IN other news I have a 1980's NES (PAL) in near mint condition with a copy of SM3 in its box in near mint condition. 
I remember skipping school with my best bud the day Super Mario 3 came out. We went to the local video/game rental store right when it opened and even so, nearly missed out, but got one of the last copies to rent. We stayed up allllllllll day and night playing it, and even missed school the next day as well. LOL About 0300 that next morning, we were delerious from lack of sleep and laughter, and on one of the levels where Lakitu shows up and follows you all map long (even if you killed him, he'd re-appear a minute later, the SOB!!!) hurling out Spiney's at you, my friend said "Homer!" as in Homer Simpson, and I swear we almost peed ourselves from laughing so hard.

Man....what good times. Nothing was more satisfying than beating the game and seeing three rows of these waiting for you when you started over! :cool:

Retro-P-Wing-icon.png

PS - All time fav Mario game however was Super Mario World for the SNES. Absolutely amazing replay value, even to this day. Mario Galaxy for the Wii was pretty bad-ass too.

RealAlHazred

Synjin wrote: 
Zardnaar wrote:I have the Super Mario 3 theme music in my head now. IN other news I have a 1980's NES (PAL) in near mint condition with a copy of SM3 in its box in near mint condition. 
I remember skipping school with my best bud the day Super Mario 3 came out. We went to the local video/game rental store right when it opened and even so, nearly missed out, but got one of the last copies to rent. We stayed up allllllllll day and night playing it, and even missed school the next day as well. LOL About 0300 that next morning, we were delerious from lack of sleep and laughter, and on one of the levels where Lakitu shows up and follows you all map long (even if you killed him, he'd re-appear a minute later, the SOB!!!) hurling out Spiney's at you, my friend said "Homer!" as in Homer Simpson, and I swear we almost peed ourselves from laughing so hard.

Man....what good times.

PS - All time fav Mario game however was Super Mario World for the SNES. Absolutely amazing replay value, even to this day. Mario Galaxy for the Wii was pretty bad-ass too.

SM3, SMW and Mario Galaxy are the best Mario games IMHO. I'm not a massive fan of Mario though, over here Nintendo has never really been that big it was Sega, Playstation and Xbox. 

RealAlHazred

Ahhhh man, the memories are flooding back! Being swallowed MANY times by Big Bertha on one of the World-3 levels, where the level keeps going up and down below the water's surface. HA HA

RealAlHazred

Back to the OP...I'm thinking about using this and adding the Power-Ups that can possibly be found by breaking a couple of certain pieces of the map.

Mushrooms
• Your size category increases by one.
• Your reach increases by 5 feet.
• Weapon damage increases by one die type. (i.e.: A 1d8 longsword becomes 1d10)
• You gain 4 HD worth of temporary HP.
• You revert back to normal self when you take enough damage to deplete your temporary HP.

Fire Flower
• Gain the benefits of the Mushrooms, but also add the firebolt cantrip ability. Caster level is 1/2 your character level plus INT modifier.

Invincibility Star
• You gain the globe of invulnerability spell for 1 round.

RealAlHazred

My position is stuff from the 80's and 90's was better than stuff today. Get off my lawn!!!

Bottom right Dungeons and Dragons Warriors of the Eternal Sun. D&D game set on Mystara in the hollow world.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by iserith:

Good idea! I'd make the mushrooms duplicate the effects of an enlarge spell.  Invincibility Star could grant resistance to all damage for 1 minute. Enlarge lasts until you are hit and fail a Con check (like concentrating on a spell). Stoneskin lasts 1 minute.

I'd place these rewards either above the lava or closer to Bowser to encourage a little risk-taking.

RealAlHazred

iserith wrote:Good idea! I'd make the mushrooms duplicate the effects of an Enlarge spell.  Invincibility Star could grant resistance to all damage for 1 minute. Enlarge lasts until you are hit and fail a Con check (like concentrating on a spell). Stoneskin lasts 1 minute.

I'd place these rewards either above the lava or closer to Bowser to encourage a little risk-taking.
Ahhhh yes, Enlarge....of course. Should have done that.

And for sure the Power-Ups should be in places worth extra risk.

Remove ads