Assault on Dire Wood

Skarsgard

Explorer
Bumble

"I believe I can shed some light on the nature of the undead." Bumble laughs. "I believe they are Wraiths and Spectres, spirits torn from their bodies with a hate for the living. Each wraith can have up to six or seven Spectres under its control. They are vulnerable to Sunlight, which is why they attack at night. The lifegiving rays of the sun are an eternal reminder of their lifeless condition. They are highly resistant to damage from non-magical or silvered weapons and most elemental effects as well."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"I am Dorn, and please allow me to grab a couple of these and these, for myself and my travel companion" Dorn says, as he grabs two potions and 400gp worth of gems, and hands half to Bumble. "I am only holding on to this potion, and will give it to whomever requires it the most, which won't happen soon, gods willing!"

"I believe I can shed some light on the nature of the undead." Bumble laughs. "I believe they are Wraiths and Spectres, spirits torn from their bodies with a hate for the living. Each wraith can have up to six or seven Spectres under its control. They are vulnerable to Sunlight, which is why they attack at night. The lifegiving rays of the sun are an eternal reminder of their lifeless condition. They are highly resistant to damage from non-magical or silvered weapons and most elemental effects as well."

"So how does one kill them?" Dorn asks, uncomfortable that he will likely be facing undead in the foreseeable future.

Kesem collects the potion and the gems and pocket them ... He acquired wealth and knowledge without begining the adventure yet and that was promising.
My name is Kesem, a sage of secret knowledge from the city of Silverymoon. I will do my best to unearth the source of menace and rid those who responsible with the help of my friends.
He turns to Ydadoras and the elder
I agree with Bumble but tell me, can you point us to where it all began ?

Skarsgard

Explorer
"So how does one kill them?" Dorn asks, uncomfortable that he will likely be facing undead in the foreseeable future.

"Hit them with magic weapons or weapons made of silver, they will be the most effective weapons." Bumble answers. "However, they are immune to poison as well. These creatures are a horror to fight, they can move through objects and cannot be contained."

"Might be an idea to take stock of weapons." she pulls out a dagger that shines silver in the firelight.

River Song

Explorer
Ydadoras

He turns to Ydadoras and the elder
I agree with Bumble but tell me, can you point us to where it all began ?

Ydadoras clears a small area on the forest floor and with his dagger he draws a circle. Taking the dagger he slams it into the center.
"Here." he states quietly. "There is an old ruin there and this distance is about ten miles." He draws a line with his finger from the dagger to the edge of the circle.

"I know nothing of the ruin, save that it is a place that has always been there are our people have always avoided it."

"Halfling, I have a magical rapier and twenty silvered arrows. I would be happy to share the arrows with those that require."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Halfling, I have a magical rapier and twenty silvered arrows. I would be happy to share the arrows with those that require."

Dorn nods at the comment, even if it wasn't directed at him "I have four silvered arrows, but as an archer, I will quickly use them up and will be rendered useless if we face these abominations. I will gladly take any silver arrow that you can spare." Dorn also looks at the elves to see if they volunteer any silvered or magical arrows.

River Song

Explorer
I have four silvered arrows, but as an archer, I will quickly use them up and will be rendered useless if we face these abominations. I will gladly take any silver arrow that you can spare."

"If no one else can use them then I will give you ten of mine. Remind me in the morning."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"The trees. The dead white oak trees." her expression is one of sadness. [...]
"Undead trees, uh?" quipped Yann, intrigued. "You don't see THAT every day..."

He'd DEFINITIVELY have a look when they went in!

As for the wraith things: "'course, we could just cut paths in and camp outside the blight every night," he pointed out with a smile. Then a thought slowly came to him. "Or bless a bit of the ground in there for our advanced base maybe? Could you do that sort thing, small Mother?" And since he was addressing Bumble Cabbagetop at the time, that apparently meant her!

Skarsgard

Explorer
Bumble

"Or bless a bit of the ground in there for our advanced base maybe? Could you do that sort thing, small Mother?" And since he was addressing Bumble Cabbagetop at the time, that apparently meant her!

Looking up at the huge man Bumble grinned impishly. "I don't rightly know, sonny-boy. But it would be worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Loud Yann grinned back: he LIKED the cut of her jib! "Let's do that then!"

"Anything else in there, Ydadoras?" Crowding over to the circle 'map' the elf just drew so he could see better. Maps he liked.

A beefy finger hovered over the blank spots, slowly gesturing. "Old trails, or a river we could follow in maybe? That'd be useful. Swamps or any dangerous spots we should really avoid?" He chuckled in recollection and decided to share: "There's this ideal beach down on Mintarn, right? Boulders, crashing waves, and these little pools perfect for fishing. Worse spot you'd want to be though: Trapdoor crab, bigger than 3 men put together! Nearly bit my leg right off when I was a kid!"

Remove ads