3SpdDragster

First Post
Wish list of items for my Warlock:

Ring of mind shielding
Amulet of Proof against detection and location
Elemental Gem
Headband of Intellect
Pearl of Power

I'll try and finish my character tonight/tomorrow. Just as an FYI [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] , my character will have two background. One for the character and one for his False Identity. He will start play as his False Identity.

3SpdDragster

First Post
[sblock=Grigor Marsk]

Name: Grigor Marsk
Class: Rogue1/Warlock4
Alignment: NG

HP: 33
Hit dice: 5d8

Passive Perception: 15
Passive investigation: 14

AC: 18 (breastplate + shield+dex)
Initiative: +2

Speed: 30'

Height: 5’7"
Weight: 155
Hair: Brown, Eyes: Brown, Skin: Fair

Saving Throws:
Str -1
* Dex +5
Con +1
* Int +4
Wis +2
Cha +3

Base Stats
Strength: 8 (-1) Dexterity: 14 (+2) Constitution: 12 (+1) Intelligence: 12 (1) Wisdom: 14 (+2) Charisma: 16 (+3)

Skills
Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +1
Athletics -1
*Deception +9
History +1
*Insight +8
Intimidation +3
*Investigation +4
Medicine +2
Nature +1
*Perception +5
*Performance +6
*Persuasion +6
Religion +1
*Sleight of Hand +5
Stealth +2
Survival +2

* = proficiency

Combat
Init: +2
Melee: Rapier To hit +5 (1d8+2/Piercing)
Shortsword +1; To hit +6 (1d6+3/Piercing)
Ranged: Shortbow +5 (1d6+2/Piercing)

Spell Attacks:
Eldritch Blast: Range 120ft; To hit +6 (1d10 Force) 2 Beams
Shocking Grasp: Touch; To hit +6 (2d8 Lightning)

RACE: Human

• +1 CON, +1 INT
  • Sixe: Medium
  • Speed: 30ft
  • Feat: Actor
  • Skill: Insight
  • Languages: Common, Gnomish

Background: Charlatan

• Feature: False Identity
  • Favourite Scheme: I forge documents
  • Skills: Deception, Sleight of Hand
  • Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit
  • Languages: None

Class 1: Rogue

• Tools: Thieves
  • Saves: Dex, Int
  • Skills: Perception, Performance, Persuasion, Investigation
  • Expertise: Insight, Deception
  • Languages: Thieves’ Cant
  • Sneak Attack: 1d6

Class 2: Warlock

• Armour: Light
  • Weapons: Simple, Rapier, Longsword, Shortsword, Hand Crossbow
  • Spellcasting: known 5, slots 2x 2nd
  • Spells: Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation, Minor illusion, Shocking Grasp, Guidance, Mage Hand
  • Spells: 1st: Armour of Hadar, Hex, Charm Person
  • Spells 2nd: Misty Step, Darkness
  • Pact Magic
  • Otherworldly Patron: The Great Old One; Orriz’ ju the Deceiver
  • Otherworldly Patron Feature: Awakened Mind
  • Eldritch Invocations: Devil Sight (120/150), Mask of Many Faces
  • Pact Boon: Pact of Tome
  • Feat: Moderately Armoured

FEATS:

Actor - +1 CHA, Adv on Deception and Performance while trying to pass as different person. Can mimic speech or sounds.Moderately Armoured - +1 dex, proficient Med armour and Shields

EQUIPMENT (wealth=90gp)

Breast Plate Armour
Shield
Belt pouch
Rapier Silvered
Shortbow
Quiver + 20 arrows
Backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin
50 feet of silk rope
Grapple Hook
Common clothes, Clothes, traveler’s,
dagger
antitoxin x4 (200GP)
magnifying glass
healing potion x4 (200gp)
Thieves Tools
Disguise Kit, Foregery Kit

Magical Equipment

Pearl of Power
Ring of Mind Shielding
Shortsword +1 Dwarf Rune

Gold: 90

Background: Charlatan

FALSE IDENTITY:

Name: Evendur Buckman
Evendur is a human thief from the City of Greyhawk, he sells his services out as a swordsman, scout and lockpick. He is quick with his hands and tends to steal anything that is not nailed down. He has red hair and green eyes with tanned skin. The Mask of Many Faces is used by him to maintain the appearance which is very different to that of Grigor. He appears to be in his late teens and effectively acts like a level 1 rogue to all intents and purposes. Evendur uses a Silvered Rapier that he pilfered from the corpse of some warrior who dies fighting against undead, he also carries a shortbow. He is very proud of his armour which he managed to save from someone who had “criminally just left it lying around where it could be stolen by anyone.”

• Personailty: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
  • Ideal: I am determined to make something of myself.
  • Bond: I fleeced the wrong person and must work for this individual till my debt is paid
  • Flaw: I'm convinced that no one could ever foll me the way I fool others.

Story:

Grigor Marsk was convinced of his own infallibility and ability to take what he could from the world. He could read people like a book and maintained he knew what they were thinking long before they did. He used his skills to impersonate the wealthy when they went away on trips and took over their residences, living the life. He would write official looking scripts and draw money from the banking firms in the name of his benefactors. Many a rich merchant would have returned from a trip to find his finances in shambles.

His days of fun came to a crashing halt when he tried to swindle the Gnome merchant Warryn Folkor. Everything seemed to be going Grigor's way until he had the watch beating down his door in the middle of the night with the smug gnome pointing an accusatory finger at him. A hefty term in prison was awaiting the young rogue and he couldn't believe that HE had been played. The gnome came to him and offered him two choices. See out his ten years in jail or work for him for the same period. Grigor nearly spat the offer back at the laughing Warryn but pragmatism kicked in.

Warryn introduced him to Orriz' ju the Deceiver, his own patron and soon Grigor's abilities blossomed and he spent six years working for his master as a spy. Who Warryn worked for, he was never sure but this latest mission could prove to be more difficult that the others. For the first time in a long time, he would be forced to work with others.

So he meticulously crafted the persona of Evendur Buckman, ensuring the paperwork was faultless and his characterisation would never rest suspicion at his door.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Sorry I did not reply last night... something is wrong with home computer :( kind of crashing on me a lot. Looking for the problem now. Back soonish I hope...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Updated:

Scotley - Rogue
Zeromaru – Elf Bladesinger Mercenary (Alegast)
ForgedFury - Human barbarian Gladiator (Brak Blood-Bear)
Cathmore – Ranger? OoA Paladin? (Noble?)
3SpdDragster – male Human Rogue/Warlock Charlatan (Grigor Marsk/Evendur Buckman)
BlueLotus - Human Wizard Sage (Levanna)
KahlessNestor - Human Life Cleric Noble (Tirion Cayde)

GreenKarl

First Post
Also I wanted to keep 300 gp in reserve as the diamond required for Revivify (just in case). Should that come out of the 500, or be assumed in the general adventuring fund?

Sorry I did not get back about this the other day... I think I will let you have the stones and one 300gp diamond as part of your background... but only one diamond

Remove ads