[OOC] Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny

Forged Fury

First Post
Just a head's up, I have quarterly inventory this weekend and am the volunteer coordinator for a blues festival next weekend. So, my week is pretty chaotic and my posting may be a bit spotty. I'll get an IC post up today.

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm jealous about the blues show, too. I haven't been to a blues festival since college, when I got to see the Arkansas River Blues Festival twice and the King Biscuit Blues Festival once.

Forged Fury

First Post
Since Buddy Guy moved back home, we managed to book him this year. We nabbed a few soul acts too, like Latimore. Should be a good time, but it's going to be a long two days...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nice! Never seen Buddy Guy, but I have been to his restaurant club. Good music and great food. Chicken jambalaya and cornbread. Been years though.

Forged Fury

First Post
For Mack to get to the ship without being noticed, I think a Stealth, Discipline, Cool, Athletics... really, I'm open to whatever seems reasonable, check. Just let me know how Mack is planning on getting from Point A to Point B and we'll take it from there.

Leif

Adventurer
Since Buddy Guy moved back home, we managed to book him this year. We nabbed a few soul acts too, like Latimore. Should be a good time, but it's going to be a long two days...

Buddy Guy was the headliner at King Biscuit when I went and at the ARBF at one of the shows I saw. Damn he is amazing! He is clearly the most talented guitarist I have ever seen play live. The only ones who even come close would be Angus Young and Pete Townshend.

[I've seen Latimore a few times, too. There for awhile, as I recall, he was hanging around Little Rock semi-regularly and went to the weekly jam of the Arkansas Blue Connection some. He's certainly not bad, but not even in the same league as Buddy Guy, I'm sorry to say.]

FF, Buddy Guy is from Baton Rouge, or somewhere else in LA? Does he play in his restaurant often? Shoot, I'd be eating there every day if so.

Last edited:

Remove ads