Gods of Egypt is horrible

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Know this oh mortal men, I have looked upon the face of Gods and despaired!​

Gods of Egypt is a horrible mess that makes the Wrath of the Titans look good.

The sets are as sumptuous as a glamour magazine shoot but the story is superficial, the characters bland and the special effects with their giant voltron-transformer gods quickly gets boring. Whats worse is they dont even try covering the Australian and Scots accents of their pale gods as they go through their set melodramas, plug-in action pieces and obligatory cleavage shots. the giant snakes look cool but the rest is drek. save your money

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
To be fair, Gerard Butler didn't exactly cover his accent when doing 300 either. :)

But thanks for the heads-up - I almost certainly wasn't going to see it, but I'll now drop the 'almost'.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
So, its a typical Hollywood action film. Color me jaded. The Transformers are the same, but they made a lot more money for some reason.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nostalgia has a deep gullet, and is rarely satiated.

Plus, in high summer, there is a market for movies that are pretty much an excuse to sit in a cool room with a soda for a couple of hours. This explains the typical timing of Transformers movies. Why Gods of Egypt is released in chill, damp March, I have no idea.

Ryujin

Legend
Nostalgia has a deep gullet, and is rarely satiated.

Plus, in high summer, there is a market for movies that are pretty much an excuse to sit in a cool room with a soda for a couple of hours. This explains the typical timing of Transformers movies. Why Gods of Egypt is released in chill, damp March, I have no idea.

An excuse to sit in a warm, dark room for a couple of hours looking at desert scenes, while thinking warm thoughts?

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Know this oh mortal men, I have look upon the face of Gods and despaired!​

and obligatory cleavage shots. the giant snakes look cool but the rest is drek. save your money

To know the face of God is to know madness.

Plus duh, cleavage shots are obligatory for obvious reasons. Bless them. Unless you were saying like, super out of nowhere shots. That is just kind of funny, and then bad.

The snakes and their riders were certainly cool looking to me, but the whole rest of that movie seemed pretty thin, just from the trailer.

Remove ads