Gods of Egypt is horrible

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I dont think anything can be lower than Robo-Vampire
Don't bet on that.

Check out The Creeping Terror,The Room, Funny Games, and- tapping the cybernetic vampire vein even earlier- the Kris Kristofferson masterpiece that is Knights. (I had trouble watching THAT while getting drunk.)

Don't bet on that.

Check out The Creeping Terror,The Room, Funny Games, and- tapping the cybernetic vampire vein even earlier- the Kris Kristofferson masterpiece that is Knights. (I had trouble watching THAT while getting drunk.)

Obviously you didn't get drunk enough fast enough. It helps if you're passed-out-plastered before the movie starts. Then, it is a much more enjoyable movie.

ccs

41st lv DM
Should we really have to accept $100,000,000.00 "B movies" though?

Well, unless I go out & finance my own movie I don't get much say....
They'll keep making B movies (some with huge budgets) wether or not I watch them or not.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Obviously you didn't get drunk enough fast enough. It helps if you're passed-out-plastered before the movie starts. Then, it is a much more enjoyable movie.

At the time I saw it for the first- and with God's grace, only- time, my tolerance was still too high to get drunk quickly. By the time I realized how bad it was, it was too late.

These days, due to a combination of consciously deciding to lower my tolerance coupled with blood pressure meds, I'm a cheap drunk. So I might just be able to survive a second watching.

...but why borrow trouble?

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Well, unless I go out & finance my own movie I don't get much say....
They'll keep making B movies (some with huge budgets) wether or not I watch them or not.

True, unless the general public starts asking for a higher standard. Crap, with a $100M SFX budget, is still crap.

ccs

41st lv DM
and- tapping the cybernetic vampire vein even earlier- the Kris Kristofferson masterpiece that is Knights. (I had trouble watching THAT while getting drunk.)

Robo-Vampire predates that, coming out a year(?) After Robocop.
Looking it up your Knights movie sounds like it has a comprehensible (if stupid) plot.

RV? Not so much.
Set in an '80s jungle, there's DEA style drug agents, necromancers, Chinese hopping vampires (one of wich wears a rubber gorilla mask), a scantily clad female ghost - who for no reason rips her top off late in the movie, flashbacks to an irrelivabt love stoey, the Robo hero is dressed in silver painted padded armor, TERRIBLE effects/sound/stunts, inexplicable actions & diologue, and then it ends.
They took several bad movies, mashed them together, & filled in some bits.
I have this on a compilation disc (of other bad sci-fi). The 1st time I saw it I was dead tired & fell asleep about 20m in. It made no sense. I woke up in time to catch the last 15m. It made no sense.
"Ok", I thought, "I did sleep though the middle parts...."
So I watched it all the way through the next night.
It STILL made no @$&* sense! I just saw more of it.
So I shared it with my D&D group.
We now use it as a hazing ritual when new people join our game. If you can sit through this & then give an explanation of what was going on? Your character gets to start at equel lv/power as the rest of us.
That's how bad RV is. God's of Egypt won't come close to it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For all you people seeking the nadir of moviedom... Zardoz? Lawnmower Man?

Incoherent movies abound.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No..no..no it's all about Maximum Overdrive,which we know was made when the directed was on drugs cuz he told us so....

Anything made in the 80s has a 50%+ chance of being made when the director and/or major actors were on drugs. That's nothing.

Mallus

Legend
No..no..no it's all about Maximum Overdrive,which we know was made when the directed was on drugs cuz he told us so....
I'm pretty sure Zardoz was made while John Boorman was using LSD.

(I actually like Zardoz. The whole opening with the float-y head and, ahem, speech about 'evil' is one of my favorite sequences in film.)

Remove ads