D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot is satisfied there is a mind, an individual, there, even if it doesn't respond.

"We've taken away the lock. You can go outside," he says gently.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rose looks down at her dusty skeleton on the floor. "No. No, we can't leave," she sighs. "Our parents locked us in here in life, and now we're here for an eternity in death. But you're here now, and you won't leave us, will you?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot stands to his full height, of three-foot-two. He smiles benignly. "The choice to stay is yours now, little ones. I'd like to get something for you to make you a little happier. I'll be right back."

OOC:

HAHA HAHA Two minutes two slow. Hilarious.

Yavathol

Explorer
When Mr Aldershot steps outside, Wergil steps next to him and softly speaks, "What kind of sick, twisted parent does that to their kids? Any idea how we can help them? I'd suggest burying them on holy ground, but we don't know where there is any, and they may not let us!"

"The two children are in there, aren't they?" Girri muttered from the side of the doorway, where she'd ensconced herself out of view of the room's inhabitants. "And they're not flesh and bone children, are they?" A wash of sadness waved over her, and she felt tired. "We've done as they asked, and investigated the home for a monster. Maybe the wraith that attacked Mr. Aldershot and Wergil was the monster? If we've dispatched it, we should be free to leave. I see no parents here. And no basement. This house--and its inhabitants--gives me the chills. Shall we go?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: (okay -- I'm a bit confused as to what's what. Is Aldershot locked in? Has there been reaction from the kids? If not on both, then sure, we can go. I think there's still a room on this floor to be explored, but I may be misremembering.)

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
No, i was just joking, I wouldn't do that to Mr Aldershot, though I'm sure the thought did cross Wergils mind!

"I think you're right, Girri. There must be something that we have missed. Maybe now we know about this room, some of the other things may make more sense?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir stood silently as Mr Aldershot talked with the spirits of the two children. It was a vile thing that had been done to them but now they were little more than lingering spirits, capricious and dangerous. He drummed his fingers on the handle of his axe and wondered: 'Would these things be as dangerous as the ghost of the nanny?' If so, the group who had stumbled upon this cursed house were in trouble. Kasimir cleared his throat but otherwise remained silent. He glanced back at the door where the others murmured quietly among themselves. Kasimir doubted they would be allowed to leave without a fight and so he turned his attention back to the small spirits.

"What do you want to do now, little ones?" Unconsciously, the big warrior mimicked Mr Aldershot's tone and mode of addressing the children.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Remove ads