D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

industrygothica

Adventurer
The room seems to grow even more stale and quiet as Mr. Aldershot finishes his words. A small spider skitters through the cobwebs covering the toy chest as the sounds of your breathing hang heavy in the air.

Paranoid and not wanting to believe the children were a hoax, Girri hung back in the attic corridor. She kept her eye on the room across the way with the cracked doll, and on the stairs leading down. It wouldn't do to be caught by surprise. She shivered for the umpteenth time as her hackles rose in fear.

OOC: [roll0]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Girri keeps a watchful eye on the corridor outside. The chill air is still and dark, and quiet.

Mr. Aldershot creeks open the toy chest. Before he can take stock of its inventory, a voice startles him from the center of the room.

"Those are our toys!"

Mr. Aldershot snaps his neck in a quick back-and-forth as his attention is stolen by the child's familiar voice, and then again by the chest slamming shut of its own accord, from which the halfling barely escapes losing a finger.

Each of you feel the air grow colder still, and while your breath freezes as you exhale, the familiar manifestations standing over the skeletons in the center of the room show no sign of having breathed for quite some time.

OOC: Again with the delays. I know, I suck. [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION], [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hello, children," says Mr. Aldershot, standing slowly and turning towards the apparitions. "I thought I asked you to stay outside." He attempts a smile. "We had a deal. But yes, the toys are yours."

Girri did not try to contain the jump her body gave when the child's voice cried out about the toys, nor the leap of her heart at the bang of the toy chest lid. She was Vistari, and Vistari believed in spirits. The ghosts were real, she knew, and could do harm if they chose. She waited with baited breath while Mr. Aldershot parlayed with the children, unsure what the outcome would be. And all the while, her brain frantically clicked and whirred through options, trying desperately to decide whether the children had lured them inside the house with ill intent, or if they were perhaps victims of some terrible crime.

She stepped the side, out of the path of the open doorway that lead to the room containing the others, and hopefully temporarily out of sight. Feel a might bit safer in her corner in the hallway, Girri began to weave a spell. It was a long shot, perhaps, but maybe it would serve to entertain and amuse the children if things with Mr. Aldershot went badly awry. Her fingers were deft, and she hummed to herself a little as the magic built inside her.

OOC: Prepping prestidigitation and will juggle glowing magical orbs of light as amusement for the children, if things look like they're going south. Here's a Performance roll, if needed: [roll0]

If things are calm inside the room, Girri will remain outside the door and do nothing.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Do you not remember?" Mr. Aldershot asks. "I know a game." His eyes narrow on the girl. He reaches out with his mind, using the silent speech of his people: I'd like you to come outside to play. You're free to go from here. You no longer need to stay in your room. He smiles kindly.

If there's no response, he will repeat the last aloud.

OOC: Silent speech: communicate telepathically with one creature within 30' if we share a language.

Remove ads