D&D 5E Playing a Mystic (Immortal)

TheBob427

Explorer
I want to play an Immortal Mystic but I'm having trouble figuring it out, mostly because of the wide variety of stats it needs to be effective.

For starters, you need good Int for temp HP and psionic DC and attacks. The Unarmoured AC means to get something decent you need good Dex and Con. Getting these three to decent levels from level 1 is fine, but the problem is many of the Immortal Disciplines augment melee weapon attacks, which mean you need Strength. Even Bestial Form's Bestial Claws is not a psionic "spell" attack but a weapon attack. Basically to make an Immortal that can make full use of their abilities you need good Int, Con, Dex, and Str. I'm hoping that they will release another version of the mystic where the Immortal's Unarmoured AC is based off of Int and Con, which makes more sense for the class, and that they'll make Bestial Claws a psionic attack.

Have any of you figured out how to make this work?

P.S. I would prefer to be full Mystic, no multiclassing, I'd like to see what it's like to play one all the way through.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I want to play an Immortal Mystic but I'm having trouble figuring it out, mostly because of the wide variety of stats it needs to be effective.

For starters, you need good Int for temp HP and psionic DC and attacks. The Unarmoured AC means to get something decent you need good Dex and Con. Getting these three to decent levels from level 1 is fine, but the problem is many of the Immortal Disciplines augment melee weapon attacks, which mean you need Strength. Even Bestial Form's Bestial Claws is not a psionic "spell" attack but a weapon attack. Basically to make an Immortal that can make full use of their abilities you need good Int, Con, Dex, and Str. I'm hoping that they will release another version of the mystic where the Immortal's Unarmoured AC is based off of Int and Con, which makes more sense for the class, and that they'll make Bestial Claws a psionic attack.

Have any of you figured out how to make this work?

P.S. I would prefer to be full Mystic, no multiclassing, I'd like to see what it's like to play one all the way through.

This thread was about the v2 Mystic, not the 2017 v3 version of the Mystic. I suggest starting a new thread.

Remove ads