D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper untied her rope and recoiled it, attaching it to her backpack. She then carefully climbed back down the rockpile as the rest of the team started to excavate.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I'm sorry have i done you some great wrong was saving you from that thing so terrible for me to do forgive me i am unaware of the dwarven custom to die stupid deaths by refusing aid? Fine next time i will let you be devoured and wont hesitate, i know i could out pace you any day". Naeris orbs of light suddenly flicker out of existence it would appear he has finally lost his concentration. "Look we need to get out of here and our best chance of doing that is together"

Naeris begins to roam the room to find some debris or something to hurl into the water before he decides to jump in and have a look around himself.

A rock goes into the water, breaks the surface with a splash, and suddenly the giant green plant monster thing in the middle of the room starts to move around a bit. Like something waking from a long nap, it almost seems to roll over in bed, but as a weird tentacle monster.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Siljar sits down cross legged, removes his spellbook from this pack and begins paging through mouthing the names of spells until he finds what he was looking for. "Aha. Shusin's Imperceptible Daemon. Give me a moment and you shall have some help with the rocks!" He then begins reciting the incantations and motions while weaving his hands around his crystal orb. A face of a monkey like creature appears in it, glowing blue green. With a flurish, the creature is 'extracedt', appears glowing for a moment then disappears. It looked like a 2' tall simian creature with fluttering butterfly wings and a tail like that of a crocodile. Siljar whispers "take the heaviest rock from the top of that pile you can and move it away from the pile". Suddenly one of the larger rocks lifts into the air, moves away from the pile and falls to floor. "Repeat until the pile is gone." Another rock...then another rock.

OOC: Siljar casts unseen servant as a ritual to help move rocks as needed. It will last one hour. It has strength 2 so can lift 30 pounds or drag 60. It can move 15 ft as part of it's 'action' which is a bonus action for Siljar.

It takes 10 minutes for him to cast it so if some event intercedes that time I will edit the narration above.

After twenty minutes of invisible servant work your thrall manages to uncover enough rocks to form a path that at the very least the halfling could crawl down that seems to lead into another room.

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper sighed, "Well, looks like I'm up." The halfling shed her pack and grabbed her rope. Uncoiling it, she tied one end around her belt and handed the other to Koregar, figuring he would be the tug of war champion of the group. Rummaging through her pack, she pulled out an unlit torch and tinderbox and turned to Siljar. Gesturing towards her torch, she rasped, "Can you create light on one of my torches? I don't really want to crawl through that tunnel with open flame." All set, the halfling drew a dagger and started to slowly and silently make her way down the tunnel.

OOC: Dexterity (Stealth) = [roll0]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Best of luck! Tug once for all is safe and well twice for a rapid withdrawal and if we tug twice assume were dying horrible deaths". Naeris chuckled at his own attempt at humor as he sat cross legged in against a wall fiddling with an arrow.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whisper silently makes her way into an opening. She is able to shimmy down to the ground from there and is now confronted with a wooden door along a wall. It also looks like there may have been another path under the back side of the rock heading to the west. An open fire pit is just to the north, though it looks like whatever was here last has long since burned out.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    433.4 KB · Views: 103

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper froze and tuned in her senses to detect the presence of anything that may be lying in wait for her. Satisfied that she was alone in the room, she checked the old ashes of the fire pit to see if anything had been left behind that might identify whoever last warmed their hands. She kept a wary eye on the door, the next thing, the next thing she would check.

OOC: Wisdom (Perception) - (Screwed it up, see the OOC)

Once navigated, did the tunnel appear as if it could allow the bigger characters through?

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: The tunnel needs to be widened further for anyone else to make it through.

The fire pit seems pretty much charred to ash, nothing significant seems to remain.

The door looks fairly ordinary. It is not locked.

Forged Fury

First Post
Not wanting to return without a reasonably good report, Whisper tiptoed up to the door and put her ear to it, listening to see if she heard anything on the other side. Covering her torch with her cloak, she attempted to slowly open the door, stopping if it made any noise and only cracking it open enough to look through it, hoping there was some kind of light on the other side. What I wouldn't give to see in the dark...

Remove ads